You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: It's happening.

jimmythegent wrote:

There are so many permutations in terms of songwriting or song eras to speculate on regarding  inclusion.

- leftovers from the 86-93 era
- 95-96 era “Slash playing Aerosmith on steroids” era
- the cream of the Chinese leftovers (of which there is clearly a tonne)
- Izzy and Duff songs from 95?
- the pre VR sessions with Izzy, Duff, Slash and Matt ?
- New shit the current NITL lineup may have worked up
- covers (Witchita and the Seeker being my hopes)

Have I left anything out ?

That’s a hell of a foundation for an epic for me. I just hope this current band can work it up somewhat organically and it’s not just more pasting layers into decades-old Chinese stew

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

There are so many permutations in terms of songwriting or song eras to speculate on regarding  inclusion.

- New shit the current NITL may have worked up

That’s a hell of a foundation for an epic for me. I just hope this current band can work it up somewhat organically and it’s not just more pasting layers into decades-old Chinese stew

I agree with all of this except for The Seeker. Fuck that shitty ass song. And I fucking hate that it’s become a set staple. The last thing I want is that taking up space on a new GN’R studio album

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

- New shit the current NITL may have worked up

I agree with all of this except for The Seeker. Fuck that shitty ass song. And I fucking hate that it’s become a set staple. The last thing I want is that taking up space on a new GN’R studio album

Yeah I get that. But I actually love those two. My NITL show in Wellington - man that song kicked ass and I was humming it the rest of the week. I think it's a great one for Axl's voice

As others have mentioned, GN'R have always done covers so it's nothing out of the ordinary and some of their biggest hits are covers. But I too crave new original stuff first and foremost as well...

Sky Dog wrote:

The only thing “happening” is a tour. No different than tours being announced in 2016-2017-2018-2019.

As for the covers, I love The Seeker and Wichita Lineman but definitely don’t need them on a new album “taking up space”. I am fine with The Who and Glen Campbell versions. Thank you. axl21

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

The only thing “happening” is a tour. No different than tours being announced in 2016-2017-2018-2019.

As for the covers, I love The Seeker and Wichita Lineman but definitely don’t need them on a new album “taking up space”. I am fine with The Who and Glen Campbell versions. Thank you. axl21

I'd say drop the covers as a b-side on a new single.

Sky Dog wrote:

No problem with that! 9

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

The fact that Slash said nothing at all about recording, or working on new material with GNR in yesterdays interview is not a good sign.
Did things not work out, has the album idea been put on hold for now with more shows booked for 2020 instead.
If you look at the metadata for gunsnroses.com/tour page it says NITL: Spring 2020

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

The fact they’ve specifically called out a new chapter is encouraging.

They are building hype and mystic. They don’t do things in the cookie cutter conventional way - never have ...

I’m confident of a new record sooner rather  than later

Slash not mentioning it is probably due to an embargo or he’s agreed to keep it on the lowdown

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

The "New Chapter" spot was a Live Nation commercial for a European Tour

Live Nation care about 1 thing, Ticket Sales

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I’d say The Seeker and Wichita are the singles.

Board footer