You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

jimmythegent wrote:

Surely they can't increase the capacity of the next tour in the US from arenas to stadia without something new to promote?

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

GNR in the UK the day before Glastonbury. Still certain there’s no chance they’re playing it Sp1at?

I don't know.

I think bands are only allowed to play acoustic sets on the 24th, so it would have to be 26th June, and that would be hard logistically because they will have to ship all the equipment over to Ireland on 26th.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

I'm excited. I think we are going to get some serious news soon...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

sp1at wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

GNR in the UK the day before Glastonbury. Still certain there’s no chance they’re playing it Sp1at?

I don't know.

I think bands are only allowed to play acoustic sets on the 24th, so it would have to be 26th June, and that would be hard logistically because they will have to ship all the equipment over to Ireland on 26th.

The main friday headline slot (26th) is still to be announced, so if they are playing it would be then. Logistics would be challenging but surely there’s much less needed to ship to a festival than their own show? Stage etc could be shipped from Scotland straight to Ireland. It would only need to be the essentials sent down to Glastonbury?

I might be way off and it would mean 3 big shows on 3 consecutive nights for the band.

I’d be surprised if there hadn’t been talks as Glasto are running out of major acts that haven’t headlined before. GNR ticks all the boxes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We're less than 24 hours away from the show.

Fingers crossed for a surprise or two.....

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Only surprise so far is the addition of You’re Crazy. And Axl still sounds Mickey. I guess this is just the standard for Axl now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I missed it. For some reason I thought it was tomorrow.

Bummer they didn't change it up. It was a perfect opportunity to do so.

Sky Dog wrote:

Same old song and dance...cool pic of the boys and Snoop on social media.
axl21duff

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

No new song. No new music this year confirmed.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

I’m a little disappointed but I guess this gig was a one-off type affair. I think once the tour proper kicks off we will hear and see more around what is planned ...

Board footer