You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I don't think UYI nostalgia has anywhere near the pull of AFD nostalgia - no where near as iconic. So I doubt the emboldened approach with regard to stadiums is UYI related. I remain positive that the 'new chapter' starts with Europe and we will start hearing more about new plans/music on the SA tour...

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree, and there would be less appeal, but there is always a market. It would be up to Livenation to gauge such a tour.

Back to this year, I think the new tour has been pitched around new material being released.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Yeah it’s the only thing that makes sense on any level . There must be something new to increase the capacity of venues

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Call me a conspiracy theorist but it’s hard to believe that the Rolling Stone article wasn’t prompted by the record company to put pressure on GN’R.

Regardless, the tour announcement prior to an album announcement if music is indeed coming doesn’t make sense to me.

It’s no surprise the gigs are 1/2 to 2/3 empty.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I thought Rolling Stone was considered a nothing magazine these days, there was a rise and fall article printed years back about how it lost it's way

As for the gigs, maybe they were planned ages ago, remember Frank mentioned Scotland last year, and that has happened

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

Until fans enter and break Axl's Mansion in Malibu, the right to listen to new music is not allowed.

General strike already. 17

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

we will know by March if anything is coming.  If nothing then at some point Slash will bail because we all know he loves to record.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I thought Rolling Stone was considered a nothing magazine these days, there was a rise and fall article printed years back about how it lost it's way

I don’t care for the mag myself but the article was fired uncharacteristically quick.

I’m not married to the theory. Just saying.

Smoking Guns wrote:

we will know by March if anything is coming.  If nothing then at some point Slash will bail because we all know he loves to record.

Doubtful. Gotta get big money while you can especially after your ex wife took you to the cleaners.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I don’t care for the mag myself but the article was fired uncharacteristically quick.

I’m not married to the theory. Just saying.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Doubtful. Gotta get big money while you can especially after your ex wife took you to the cleaners.

He will still tour but is going to fire up the Conspirators again for sure if they don't start putting shit out.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Call me a conspiracy theorist but it’s hard to believe that the Rolling Stone article wasn’t prompted by the record company to put pressure on GN’R.

Regardless, the tour announcement prior to an album announcement if music is indeed coming doesn’t make sense to me.

It’s no surprise the gigs are 1/2 to 2/3 empty.

Is there a link to this article? Feel like I've missed something.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I feel like the same conversation has been had every February since 2004 16

Board footer