You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Covid 19

AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

And I"ll say it again...this is too simplistic...you know this won't work. People are already not following the rules. All it takes is one asshole walking into a nursing home who doesn't care.

3,000 deaths a day by June buzz....I hope you keep singing this tune all the way through the summer. By my count, that means 90,000 more deaths by the end of June.

GET PEOPLE TESTED AND LET'S FIND OUT WHO IS AND IS NOT INFECTED! Then we'll talk.

Stop making shit up.  Read REAL numbers mitch.  Don't believe it because CNN told you.  Facts bro...get some.

Well, 3,000 a day is what the CDC is now projecting. https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper … pdf#page=1

Come on Bigbri.

The numbers aren't real, no one's really dying... it's all a hoax created by mirrors! The evidence is in Hillary's emails!

Besides even if it was, you could just drink some chlorine or inject bleach into your veins.

The hoax will be done by Spring, "the greatest", "most persecuted", "very stable genius", Randall, SG and Buzz's hero will sort it all out "son".

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Covid 19

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Well I'm in little old Ireland. Our government believes the deaths here are under reported and I agree. We have big drops lately in those infected and deaths which to me shows categorically isolation works. I also think that most countries response has been good given the circumstances. What I believe what has to happen soon is slowly bring workers back on line starting with the least vulnerable, youngest, healthiest first and see how it goes step by step.

I absolutely agree with the measures that have been taken so far. You have to treat shit like this super cautiously until you get an understanding of it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Stop making shit up.  Read REAL numbers mitch.  Don't believe it because CNN told you.  Facts bro...get some.

Well, 3,000 a day is what the CDC is now projecting. https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper … pdf#page=1

Come on Bigbri.

The numbers aren't real, no one's really dying... it's all a hoax created by mirrors! The evidence is in Hillary's emails!

Besides even if it was, you could just drink some chlorine or inject bleach into your veins.

The hoax will be done by Spring, "the greatest", "most persecuted", "very stable genius", Randall, SG and Buzz's hero will sort it all out "son".

The media appears to not even be using possibly the more exaggerated numbers according to CDC numbers. They are using the ones in the middle....pneumonia + co-vid19...I'm wondering if that's because co-vid is being misdiagnosed as pneumonia. The media is NOT using the co-vid + pneumonia + flu numbers which would create greater hysteria.

Seems somewhat responsible to me.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

Here in TN infections are up over 35% since we reopened some stuff.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Covid 19

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I never got the isolation does nothing. I mean isolation in regards incurable virus is pretty much the safest strategy anyone can take period.
That was the part I disagree with Buzz vehemently about, but his other points are valid and worthy of discussion.

Although the downplaying of the virus is kinda sickening imo. Those 200,000+ deaths are people who died before their natural time regardless what fucking age they were.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: Covid 19

TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The IMHE model has been the most accurate, and presently predicts 72k deaths in the US by August.  That's 5k more than our dead today, out of a country of 330 million.  The numbers are there, the death rate is coming to a crawl.  I don't know what else you're expecting from me other than the data doesn't support us hitting 100k dead, let alone millions.

So far, the IHME model has proven to be far from accurate. Let alone the anecdotal evidence here in this thread (67k by end of June, vs just 4 days later is a ridiculously bad prediction), but statistical experts seem to agree: https://arxiv.org/abs/2004.04734
A more digestable version of that research can be read here: https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020 … e-pandemic

Randall Flagg wrote:

1.) The current means of calculating COVID-19 deaths results in its figures being over represented rather than the opposite

All cause mortality in the US is significantly higher than last year, and on average the differences cannot be fully explained by the official number of Corona deaths. That implies that COVID-19 deaths in the US are likely undercounted at this point. Also note that quarantine measures should normally lead to less non-COVID-19 related deaths, with things like car accidents, other infectuous diseases, etc.. going down as well.
More info here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 … total.html

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:

Sweden seems to be doing things right...shocking.

How Sweden suppressed infection rates without a lockdown

https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-suppresse … 53654.html

So...who wants to argue with this data?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I never got the isolation does nothing. I mean isolation in regards incurable virus is pretty much the safest strategy anyone can take period.
That was the part I disagree with Buzz vehemently about, but his other points are valid and worthy of discussion.

Sweden disagrees vehemently with you - facts appear to indicate there were/are other options if you're willing to take the short term hit for the long term gain.

How Sweden suppressed infection rates without a lockdown: https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-suppresse … 53654.html

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Here in TN infections are up over 35% since we reopened some stuff.

Testing is up and people had been isolated...of course infections are going to be up.  That's a good thing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Stop making shit up.  Read REAL numbers mitch.  Don't believe it because CNN told you.  Facts bro...get some.

Well, 3,000 a day is what the CDC is now projecting. https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper … pdf#page=1

Come on Bigbri.

The numbers aren't real, no one's really dying... it's all a hoax created by mirrors! The evidence is in Hillary's emails!

Besides even if it was, you could just drink some chlorine or inject bleach into your veins.

The hoax will be done by Spring, "the greatest", "most persecuted", "very stable genius", Randall, SG and Buzz's hero will sort it all out "son".

Good lord are you the dumbest mutherfucker ever.  We really need to get that ignore feature working again.  Not even going to waste my time on you since you're incapable of thinking for yourself.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB