You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Covid 19

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Do Americans know about this new UK strain?

Yeah, its been on the news. Seems a bit of a grey area, a new strain, more contagious, not more deadly...

The fear I would think is maybe it is not impacted by the vaccine, I'm not sure.

It's not known whether it's more or less deadly yet, but it is 71% more contagious. Meaning more people probably will end up dying by default. It's a disaster, I'm surprised even Trump hasn't shut down borders with the UK yet.

People fear it is likely already here. 46 countries have banned travel from the UK.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

28 day lockdown in my province starting dec 26

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Neemo wrote:

Does that make any sense? December 25th is going to be a huge gathering event, and the timing of the lockdown only encourages people to congregate more so then. If it’s a crisis, why wait?  If it can wait, shouldn’t a discussion occur?

I don’t see the CDC or WHO offering guidance. In fact, the WHO discourages lockdowns. It’s politicians that make a spectacle and portray themselves as a savior making the calls, and there’s not any explanation behind their decisions.

It’s become expected to just accept the judgement of governors and mayors with no deliberation. Then they demand the federal government reimburse them and those who lose their livelihoods.

There’s a clear demographic of who is vulnerable to this. And no one wants to do anything to focus protection on them while allowing the world to continue. Bad shit happens. Death isn’t avoidable. People shouldn’t so eagerly sacrifice self determination, especially without weighing all the risks and consequences.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Does that make any sense? December 25th is going to be a huge gathering event, and the timing of the lockdown only encourages people to congregate more so then. If it’s a crisis, why wait?  If it can wait, shouldn’t a discussion occur?

I don’t see the CDC or WHO offering guidance. In fact, the WHO discourages lockdowns. It’s politicians that make a spectacle and portray themselves as a savior making the calls, and there’s not any explanation behind their decisions.

It’s become expected to just accept the judgement of governors and mayors with no deliberation. Then they demand the federal government reimburse them and those who lose their livelihoods.

There’s a clear demographic of who is vulnerable to this. And no one wants to do anything to focus protection on them while allowing the world to continue. Bad shit happens. Death isn’t avoidable. People shouldn’t so eagerly sacrifice self determination, especially without weighing all the risks and consequences.

Self determination has nothing to do with this...and neither does the hubris of your own existence.

governments create rules that they suck at enforcing...people confuse freedom with selfishness and ignorance with intelligence...

all that's happening here is we are enduring a hardship...an extreme hardship...there are logical ways to get this behind us...and there are ways for people the flail at what I like to call an extinction burst. Adult tantrums and spasms and appeals to mysticism and God...

I wish you were as willing to lay down your own life as you are other's lives.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Except Canadians have been good at following recommendations by the ministry of health and the most highly populated areas are already in a lockdown state (in and around the toronto area) there are huge fines if you get caught gathering at someones house ($10k for the host and $800 per person attending)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This pandemic proved one thing....

Our governments are completely inept at handling a crisis. The incompetence crosses party lines.

The only thing they're good at is lining their own pockets, passing huge tax cuts, and funding the military.

Peacetime and a relatively healthy economy has always disguised the incompetence.

God help us all if/when a doomsday or black swan event occurs....

Asteroid hit
Nuclear strike
Major terrorist attack(chemical, biological)
The clathrate gun goes off
Yellowstone erupts

What we've experienced will be a Mayberry picnic in comparison to the above scenarios.... and the government will not be helping you. They'll toss you crumbs and tell you not to travel while they fly to their bunkers.

It's time to wake up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island just died from Covid.

Yesterday LA Congressman Luke Letlow died from Covid. He was only 41. On reddit he's getting a lot of shit for being anti-mask and anti-lockdown.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Canada has 2 ministers out of the country on personal vacations after just telling everyone that we are locked down and we couldnt visit anyone for christmas...also our cases keep rising despite being locked down for a week already

Toronto is likely to get out of control soon

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Yesterday LA Congressman Luke Letlow died from Covid. He was only 41. On reddit he's getting a lot of shit for being anti-mask and anti-lockdown.

How are we supposed to feel about these people that mocked everything? That down played this all for political points and now they're dying?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

How are we supposed to feel about these people that mocked everything? That down played this all for political points and now they're dying?

I don't feel any sympathy for that Congressman.  If you're dumb enough to go MONTHS of mask free campaigning with a respiratory virus ravaging your state, then don't be surprised if you catch said virus.

I have lots of sympathies for certain segments of the population who catch COVID.  But for those who increase their chances and are almost asking to get it with their behavior, I have none.

Board footer