You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Covid 19

Sky Dog wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Either roll the dice on the virus or the vaccine. Both just as likely to kill you.

I don't know why, but I kind of expected better from you than this.

You can die from anything...I don’t think humans are in control.

misterID
 Rep: 467 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
misterID wrote:
James wrote:

Either roll the dice on the virus or the vaccine. Both just as likely to kill you.

I don't think this is fair. From how I read it, he was saying you don't know how either will effect you.

Well no, ‘both just as likely to kill you’ is not the same thing as ‘you don’t know how either will effect you’. The latter statement is true and also true of any type of medication you take for the first time by the way. ‘Both being as likely to kill you’ is demonstrably untrue.

My partner tested positive last weekend. Only did a test as we were meant to be visiting her parents and her Dad is quite high risk. Anyway came back positive, lost her taste and smell this week but it’s returning now. I’ve tested negative all week but find it hard to be believe I’ve not had it having spent so much time in close proximity.

We were talking about my concerns for side effects because of medical stuff. I mean, I could be in more danger from a side effect of the vaccination than the virus itself, so that's nerve wracking. I'll end up getting it, but it's a good thing I waited seeing the issues with Johnson & Johnson and now they believe Pfizer doesn't protect against a certain strain.

I wish you both the absolute best and a speedy recovery!

James
 Rep: 641 

Re: Covid 19

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Either roll the dice on the virus or the vaccine. Both just as likely to kill you.

I don't know why, but I kind of expected better from you than this.

Im not a spring chicken anymore.  The fears of my drug fueled youth came true...my body is breaking down as I stare down the barrel of 50.

Im not looking forward to rolling the dice on either one... regardless of what the exact statistics are for each path you travel.

There are currently young and old people in cemeteries and urns who wound up there days/weeks after getting sick or getting a shot.

I'm sure they'd all like a do over on their decision.... whichever it was.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Covid 19

Smoking Guns wrote:

The new strain is a real bitch. We are not ready to fully open.

Axl S
 Rep: 106 

Re: Covid 19

Axl S wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The new strain is a real bitch. We are not ready to fully open.

Yup, it's why mask wearing is gonna be a thing for a long time to come. And only way to put a stop to new mutations and finally bring this to some sort of end is to strangle the number of transmissions. Long road ahead to life being fully back to normal.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Either roll the dice on the virus or the vaccine. Both just as likely to kill you.

I don't know why, but I kind of expected better from you than this.

Im not a spring chicken anymore.  The fears of my drug fueled youth came true...my body is breaking down as I stare down the barrel of 50.

Im not looking forward to rolling the dice on either one... regardless of what the exact statistics are for each path you travel.

There are currently young and old people in cemeteries and urns who wound up there days/weeks after getting sick or getting a shot.

I'm sure they'd all like a do over on their decision.... whichever it was.

You've been very open about your past with drug use. I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what it's doing to you in old age. I don't want to pry into your privacy but I assume you're an open book based on the things you've posted here over the years.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Covid 19

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I don't know why, but I kind of expected better from you than this.

Im not a spring chicken anymore.  The fears of my drug fueled youth came true...my body is breaking down as I stare down the barrel of 50.

Im not looking forward to rolling the dice on either one... regardless of what the exact statistics are for each path you travel.

There are currently young and old people in cemeteries and urns who wound up there days/weeks after getting sick or getting a shot.

I'm sure they'd all like a do over on their decision.... whichever it was.

You've been very open about your past with drug use. I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what it's doing to you in old age. I don't want to pry into your privacy but I assume you're an open book based on the things you've posted here over the years.

I'll be honest, around 42 your body really starts to break down.  Just like joints hurts, wrists, knees, back, neck. I was always a big beer drinker, could easy do 10-12 on some nights out with little effort. Now, 3 beers is good for me, maybe 4. I think if I drank a 6 pack I'd be zonked out. Things like that, James might be a little worried about liver, kidney type stuff too, heck I should be. Can't do shots/liquor at all anymore, my body doesn't break it down and it just feels like its running thru my bloodstream the next day.

James
 Rep: 641 

Re: Covid 19

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I don't know why, but I kind of expected better from you than this.

Im not a spring chicken anymore.  The fears of my drug fueled youth came true...my body is breaking down as I stare down the barrel of 50.

Im not looking forward to rolling the dice on either one... regardless of what the exact statistics are for each path you travel.

There are currently young and old people in cemeteries and urns who wound up there days/weeks after getting sick or getting a shot.

I'm sure they'd all like a do over on their decision.... whichever it was.

You've been very open about your past with drug use. I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what it's doing to you in old age. I don't want to pry into your privacy but I assume you're an open book based on the things you've posted here over the years.

Breathing problems... asthma of course along with decades of smoking cigs, weed in my teens-late 20s, and also smoked some hash, opium, and oxy

Major back pain

Haven't got an actual diagnosis but pretty sure I have neuropathy in my legs and also have that feeling in my hands occasionally

Arthritis

Acid reflux issues likely made worse by all the drugs going down my throat. In 2013 I had to get a minor procedure done to fix a small tear.

A fatty/enlarged liver along with any damage from all the acetaminophen

High cholesterol due to the drug addicts diet

Urinary tract issues

My hearing is getting worse.




Like Pasnow said, your body generally starts breaking down in your 40s and my lifestyle made it worse than it should've been.

Im probably a perfect candidate to potentially die from either option I choose.

Im not some loony antivaxxer screaming about the vaccine being the mark of the beast.

You wanna get 10 Covid shots and blow the doctor to get to the front of the line? Be my guest.

Im just in no rush to get something that may kill me and I don't give a fuck what media outlets that push big pharma in general are telling me to do.

The fact they intentionally bury stories about vaccine deaths is a red flag. People can potentially die from any vaccine...let the stories out.

I'll more than likely get the shot at some point....but it won't be peer pressure, the media, family, or twittering SJW zombies forcing me to do it.

I'll do it on my own timescale.... probably when the parks open this summer.


Even when you get the shot, it doesn't change anything. You still have to wear masks, gloves, social distance, and drumroll please....

You can still get sick.

In other words, I'll be risking my life to take a shot for something that could still kill me after I take it.

Great choices....

misterID
 Rep: 467 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

I think I'm going to get Pfizer. I'll most likely be worse off of I get covid than a side effect from the vaccine. Really, they still don't know the long term issues this virus is going to leave with folks.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Covid 19

bigbri wrote:

I got the J&J one-dose today. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB