You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Covid 19

James wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

What happened to Communist China, didn’t they post here?

I think some people here forget how young he was.

He was in high school during his active years. He stopped posting as much once he went to college...then eventually stopped completely.

He came back briefly when the reunion happened.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Sore arm both times, no other side effects. So happy about that!

Glad to hear SG...love hearing when people take the plunge and it's not as bad as they thought it would be.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just got my second dose, now fully vaccinated 9

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm about to roll the dice. The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is being used again here in Cali. My county is on the list. The store I checked yesterday was already out but should be getting more.

The market is flooded with Moderna and Pfizer. If I didn't give a shit about Johnson and Johnson, market would be flooded with that too.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If I had the opportunity to get one shot, I'd do it. But I'm happy with Pfizer. Glad I'm done with it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Okay, the night of my second dose I experienced pretty gnarly arm pain that extended into my hand, tiredness and a little nausea, but I hadn't slept well the night before so that *could've* played a role. I stayed up longer, took a long hot shower, and went to bed. When I woke up to take a leak I had body aches, which I expected. So I'd decided I was just going to feel horrible the next day and would stay in bed. When I woke up in the morning, I felt great! My arm didn't even hurt (It hurt for about three days after my first shot). So no real side effects so far. My sister got her second dose the same time as me and she was hit HARD by side effects the next day, mostly fatigue and a little nausea. She couldn't even get out of bed while I was completely fine.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I’ve been fully vaxxed since end of February. I had significant injection site pain for a few days after each shot, but I was fine other than that. Work was offering free time off for those who experienced symptoms, so of course I got my day out of it. But I’d say I was 90% the day after my 2nd shot, and aside from the arm pain, was perfectly fine 2 days later. The only people I know of who had bad side effects were morbidly obese, and 2 of those had Covid previously. The only exception was my boss, but he’s in his early 50s, but his wife was positive in December but he never tested positive. My assumption was he was asymptomatic and wasn’t positive or a false negative when he was tested. I haven’t read anything on the demographics and health to back this anecdotal evidence up, but it appears the reaction to the vaccine trends along the virus itself - those who are unhealthy are more likely to demonstrate symptomatic Covid.

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

shutout52 wrote:

Been a little while since I've been on here...

My wife and I had Covid right before Christmas. Pretty sure I know how I got it via a little contact tracing. Fortunately the friend we think we got it from didn't get hit too badly. Symptom-wise, I got hit with coughing fits first, then the fever set in, achy joints, constantly tired, not hungry. Fortunately no additional breathing difficulties. The fever dissipated after about a week.

Got vaccinated last month as well, Pfizer. Reports said that those who didn't have Covid at any point typically had little to no reaction to shot 1, but got it bad on shot 2. Those who had Covid typically had bad reactions to shot 1, while shot 2 could go either way-- almost nothing or bad again.

Can confirm. First shot I ran a fever with a headache for a couple days, super tired. Arm was super sore for like 3 days after.  Second shot, my wife had almost no side effects, while I had a day and a half of fever, headache, and tiredness.

Given the option I'd take it again, 100%. I'd rather feel like crap for a couple days from a vaccination than to get Covid and spend a week feeling like ass with fatality as a possibility.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Glad to hear you're better! Definitely would take the side effects than covid. Fortunately, I had no side effects except a sore arm from both Pfizer shots.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Since I'm fully vaxxed, I might do Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando this year. I was actually thinking about live streaming it so you guys can experience what it's like, but I'm not sure they allow recording in the haunted houses.

In any case, I feel 1000% better about doing this stuff now.

Board footer