You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Axl’s “ridiculous demands”

jimmythegent wrote:

Another poster on another forum claiming to be in the know is claiming that the album is at an impasse in terms of release due to the label viewing Axl’s demands as “ridiculous”.
This person also claims the label views GNR management as a joke.

If we are to assume there is any truth in this, what do we believe these demands could be ?

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Marketing/promotional expenses? Videos?

Or could it be a manifestation of cold feet artistically?

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Further theorizing or "insider" speculation now saying that Axl is demanding that the next release be a CD re-release, remastered with a CD2 EP without Slash or Duff. And the label are understandably none to keen on the idea.

This sounds unlikely on many levels least of all the fact we know Slash has done recording...

AtariLegend wrote:

I know it may seem like "they" know things, but it is more than 50% shit posting half the time.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

"50% shit posting half the time" leaves a lot of time for there to be truth, no?

Not that I believe the CD re-release rumour.

But it's feasible to think Axl is playing some kind of hardball given the absolute shambles of a release that was Chinese Democracy.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I dunno, I mean it's slightly possible that Axl has high hopes for something out of this ($$ upfront), but I think he knows the deal. There's no money in album sales, streaming & digital downloads maybe a little bit. Vids on YT, us old boomers won't watch it the way Justin Bieber or Marshmello get 5mil views easy.

CD remix sounds absurd, sounds like a troll stirring ish up, Axl isn't that dumb. Unless its something to get them out of a contract like 2 albums left so he wants to put out the new album, then toss in CD2 & get out of the contract. Really tho, the moneys in the tour & they know that.

Sky Dog wrote:

Everything to do with this band and new music is absurd. For the 10,000th time, Slash and Duff change absolutely NOTHING in regards to new Gnr music.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Hardly new info that GNR's management are a joke.

The Lebies' couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!!!

AtariLegend wrote:

Same person who said an ep was coming in march with re-recorded tracks, like better and hardschool as a new single.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The rerelease and ep without Slash or Duff is just bullshit. Like top tier shitting out of the mouth bs. Axl could be in the way but he isnt that stupid. I personally think it's none of the above. There is no record.

Board footer