You are not logged in. Please register or login.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

Re: Hard School rehearsal with Axl

vipicius wrote:

I quickly saw on a FB page that the only show that will not be broadcast live will be Guns. Maybe it's for HS.
Well, at least this one. I'm happy with Think About You, there is no way to sound bad. It's always good.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl sounds great on Hard School

Said no one ever... tongue

I’ll admit, he doesn’t sound too bad. I wouldn’t say great, but it sounds like he’s trying, which is something I’ll give credit for.

Unfortunately, I think Axl’s voice is fried now, and re-working old CD leftovers is all we’ll get, because he can’t record anything new.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

The biggest benefit to something like Hard School is that it was recorded with his clean voice, so it doesn't sound out of place on it.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

miz-girl-angry.gif

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Did they play it live?

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Did they play it live?

No

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

No - watched the whole stream in anticipation. Admittedly it was a good show. But disappointing ..

I enjoyed So Fine..

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Axl sounded pretty good most of the show

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

It’s funny, those rehearsal clips of Pretty, Think, and Hardschool brought back my excitement as a GN’R fan back after I was kinda over their shit. I was genuinely excited again. And what do they do? They don’t play any of those songs at the show.

I was just thinking too, didn’t they advertise these shows as “all new show” and “the next chapter”. All they did in the end was add So Fine...

Yep, I’m a jaded GN’R fan again...

Sky Dog wrote:

Unbelievable. My reality is I don’t like So Fine, I don’t like Think About You, I don’t like Pretty Tied Up, and I don’t like Hardschool. I see those songs as the definition of b side borderline c side material.

It’s sad for me to see my boy Axl as nothing more than a nostalgic touring cash cow. I respect Duff and Slash for their sobriety and the fact that they are actively writing and creating outside of Guns. However, I can take them or leave them from a musical standpoint.

There is nothing to see here at all. axl

Board footer