You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

I don't know off the top of my head.  Boehner?  AOC is in her seat cause she unseated the establishment party candidate.  Taking over the party?  You'll have to explain why you feel that way, as neither Boehner or Ryan were part of the tea party.  Do you feel the AOC crowd took over the Democratic party, cause I don't. 

Yes, the tea party was elected primarily as a result of Obamacare.  And Republicans spent the next 4 years passing bills to repeal it that they knew Reid wouldn't take up in the Senate.  Just as Pelosi is passing bullshit stimulus bills she knows have no chance of seeing the light of day.  Maybe you're right and Schumer is as stupid as Reid, but I don't think so.  Harris isn't likable.  She proved that during the primaries.  If Biden drops dead or has a stroke, I don't think she gets re-elected.  Trump gave us the best economy in our history.  Mitch can say he doesn't care, but Mitch also can't tell you what was better under Obama than Trump.  If Biden lets liberal policies stall a recovery from COVID, he bares the blame.  If Biden keeps the country locked down, he bares the blame.  As will Harris. 

I'm not saying Republicans can field a worthy candidate in 2024.  I don't know how many contenders there are that don't want to talk about the value of fetuses and pretend they too believe there is an invisible man in the sky who wrote down all the rules 6k years ago to arab nomads.  But Biden or Harris isn't Obama.  People already see through Harris's fake smile and "excuse me, I was talking" bullshit"  BLM and Antifa aren't going to stop rioting, and cops are going to continue to shoot people who draw on them or shoot on them.  They already turned on Feinstein for hugging Graham.  What happens when the media can't ignore that Biden think defunding the police is retarded too?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

All it takes is a well orchestrated takeover by a fringe of the party to change things. Again, I don't think Schumer would give up the filibuster, but we can't act like the threat isn't possible.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Democrats pushed through Obamacare and look what happened.  What do you think will happen if they employ 3rd world dictator moves?  You want to talk about a civil war, this is what will do it.

It got 60 votes??

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Democrats pushed through Obamacare and look what happened.  What do you think will happen if they employ 3rd world dictator moves?  You want to talk about a civil war, this is what will do it.

It got 60 votes??

They used reconciliation to avoid a filibuster. Reid hadn’t attacked the filibuster yet.

Then the GOP kept the house for 8 years.

You do recall not a single Republican worked on or voted for the bill. Obama said Republicans can go to the back of the bus. It was a real zinger. Back when Presidents only engaged the public through talk shows and courted rap stars and A-listers.

Didn’t the media label Kanye bipolar when he posed with Trump. The crack dealer from Brooklyn was a much better Presidential photo op.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I elected science deniers?  I've never voted for Trump (though I plan to in 3 weeks).  Who is voting for the people who think men can become women, that men can have periods and that a woman can have a penis and testicles?

It's funny how nobody ANYWHERE wants to answer this.

Randall Flagg

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I elected science deniers?  I've never voted for Trump (though I plan to in 3 weeks).  Who is voting for the people who think men can become women, that men can have periods and that a woman can have a penis and testicles?

It's funny how nobody ANYWHERE wants to answer this.

One of the lurkers called me a transphobe a while back for saying this previously. It’s not something you’re going to get a response to because it’s indefensible. You can support treating people with dignity and respect, and also recognize there are only two sexes. No one will define gender or provide a comprehensive list of traits that can be categorized as male or female. So the distinction of gender is meaningless once you remove male or female sex traits. 

But they’re the party of science. What study did they read on climate change, which model is most accurate?  “The one the people on TV all agree on. I don’t have the time to read things to have a personal opinion.”

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There are trans people who refuse to go along with being called women or men, they call themselves trans women or trans men because they have particular health issues and life experiences that are completely different than the biological sexes they identify as. They're pretty much ostracized from the woke.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

There are trans people who refuse to go along with being called women or men, they call themselves trans women or trans men because they have particular health issues and life experiences that are completely different than the biological sexes they identify as. They're pretty much ostracized from the woke.

They can label themselves whatever they want.  They deserve to be loved and find happiness like every other human.  What they don't get to do is shut down debate or the acknowledgement that testosterone is an enhancer and why transwomen dominate athletics over women. They don't get to compel others to play fantasy with them. Trump's ban of transgender people in the military isn't mean or bigoted.  We don't deploy people on any kind of life sustaining medicine because we can't guarantee those medicines will be readily available in austere environments.  "Sorry sir, PVT Snuffy is having a breakdown because we couldn't get his hormone injections delivered to FOB Alpha this weekend again.  It's been 3 weeks since SGT Barnes got her medication to keep her fabricated vagina from closing shut."

Randall Flagg

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/polls- … rt-packing

Gallup and the NY Times show the majority of Americans approve of Barret being confirmed, and oppose court packing.  Like I said, packing the court isn't going to happen.

Randall Flagg

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- … t-position

Biden’s offering kasich a cabinet position. Other conservatives as well. I’m getting more comfortable that we may be able to return to normalcy once he’s sworn in.

Board footer