You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James wrote:

Which leads to....

Fivethirtyeight is giving Biden a 98 out of 100 chance to win? Wow

I like 538 but....

That's ridiculous. This is the kind of shit that gets people complacent and it plays into Trump's hand.

I guess people didn't learn from 2016.

I agree. I'm logged in now and, 8 hours later, its at an 87% chance for Biden.  Which, I'll admit is likely due to new/updated polling, but if you're last stat was off by 10% it's a pretty worthless stat.

I think I misread it...it was 98/100 to win a particular important state...my bad...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I know it's always said, but tonight really seems like trumps only shot. Biden needs to be awful (which, I think is why he took 4 days off to rest & prep a bit, do memory games too).  Honestly I think trumps gonna blow up, I bet he doesn't finish and walks out, upset over being muted and shouting over at Biden.

Otherwise, even if trumps mature (not), Biden needs to be a wreck, which, from the last debate, he was ok. Definitely wasn't memorably bad, a trump made an error in overshadowing him with such terribly infamous behavior. That'll be remembered for decades.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/presid … -to-debate

This is sleazy, but he did it in 16 to remind everyone Clinton stood behind her husband’s sleaze. It kind of worked in terms of neutering Clinton’s attacks.

My understanding are the Hunter Biden photos and accusations of smoking crack and fucking whores are true. I’ve not seen anyone say they’re fabricated. The DNI said it ain’t from Russia.

None of that means Biden did a fucking thing wrong. No one’s been able to provide any evidence of actual wrong doing. But if the back hallway handshakes happened (what father wouldn’t want to help his son impress someone else), it looks dirty. Democrats just spent 3 years running Trump through the mud on Russia and produced dick. I guarantee you sick Mueller on Biden’s associates and family, the crack pipe and Moscow prostitutes is just the icing on the cake.

If Trump wins tonight and shows the world Biden is not up to this challenge and they’re really putting in Harris and DNC handlers, maybe he can eek out a win. He’s within the margin of error with most states he needs. I don’t think it’s likely today, but I didn’t in 16 either. If people are fed up with the lockdown and covid deaths on a population overwhelmingly nursing home residents in extreme age, maybe Wisconsin and Pa break for Trump.

I just don’t think Trump can handle a formal debate. He’ll yell over Biden’s microphone. I think tonight will be a disaster and the door will swing shut on Trump.

I don’t really think it’s a sleazy move. It sure is lazy though. This is his debate plan. Hunter Biden 100%. He did no debate prep which tells you all you really need to know. He’s gonna be Trump. He’s not prepared to answer questions; he’s just gonna bulldoze his way through this again.

With a female moderator, he again will run off women with his interrupting and ignoring questions. He would have been better served taking part in the last debate with the male moderator and skipping this one.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I know it's always said, but tonight really seems like trumps only shot. Biden needs to be awful (which, I think is why he took 4 days off to rest & prep a bit, do memory games too).  Honestly I think trumps gonna blow up, I bet he doesn't finish and walks out, upset over being muted and shouting over at Biden.

Otherwise, even if trumps mature (not), Biden needs to be a wreck, which, from the last debate, he was ok. Definitely wasn't memorably bad, a trump made an error in overshadowing him with such terribly infamous behavior. That'll be remembered for decades.

The best Trump can do tonight is convince us not to vote for Hunter Biden.

That's about it. He's more weak than ever and in full panic mode. Expect it to get worse the closer we get to him losing.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Voter turnout is forecast to be record-breaking, surpassing the 2008 Obama election by percentage and topping 2016 by almost 20 million.

This tells me we're heading towards a landslide more than the polling numbers. But I'll also say the biggest myth was that "The polls were wrong" in 2016. They were pretty darn accurate.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Trump learned his lesson. No interruptions yet. So far it’s a draw. Biden talks specifics; Trump is talking higher level. If it continues like this, the race is unchanged.

Of course, I thought Pence won the last debate and the majority of the country didn’t agree with me.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bidencare?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

“Children are being brought here by coyotes!”

This is gonna be the line that is remembered. WTF is Trump taking about. He lives in a different world.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Trump learned his lesson. No interruptions yet. So far it’s a draw. Biden talks specifics; Trump is talking higher level. If it continues like this, the race is unchanged.

Of course, I thought Pence won the last debate and the majority of the country didn’t agree with me.

Tuned in for a bit (halftime) seems about right. trump didnt seem like an idiot, and Biden looked average. I wouldnt say anyone won

With that said I cant see how trump didnt have all his eggs in tonigbts basket. Ill admit, 2016, but he's the incumbent, and Id say he lost alot of moderates, plus the unemployed.

Barring a drastic trump voting turnout, and the unexpected, i cant see how this isnt over, or at least, trump has little left.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

The immigration segment was a disaster for Trump.

I don’t know the moderator. She’s doing a great job. Better than Chris Wallace.

Board footer