You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Word has it there were 50k+ people at the Trump rally 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh yesterday. I’d be worried if I were Biden with his 200 people events.

I'd be worried if I lived 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh that there was a massive super spreader event and an uptick in covid cases the next couple weeks.

I don't understand this line of thinking. Thousands of people standing there in support of Trump is a "super spreader event"....but thousands protesting and looting isn't.

How does the virus know the difference?

If Biden was pulling in such crowds, we'd hear nothing about super spreaders.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

They're not being taught to question anything. They're being taught not to listen to anything that challenges their indoctrination.

There's a thousand genders

Women have penises

Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist

If you disagree, you're literally worse than Hitler and your life must be destroyed.

This is the kind of insidious shit that is poisoning a generation.

It can't be defended. Our hyper-partisan culture is the only reason everyone isn't flabbergasted by this nonsense. In prior decades, neither side would've allowed this stupidity to gain traction.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

A few things with this ludicrous stuff from the Trump campaign.

1) They know they won't win when absentee ballots are counted.
2) The election is never called on election night.
3) This kind of talk is why people have turned out to vote early in person in record numbers.
4) They would have to invalidate a shit ton of GOP votes, too.
5) I think he's wrong anyway. Election night, we'll know the winner.

[/embed]

I don't really take statements like that very seriously. I mean....is he wrong?...Yes.... we're going to know the winner on election night.

The real intent here in the final lap is to fire up the base.

Both sides are doing it.

On Reddit I check two places for political news....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/

A conservative echo chamber

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/

A huge liberal echo chamber

Their purpose is to continually fan the flames.  They do it very well.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

A few things with this ludicrous stuff from the Trump campaign.

1) They know they won't win when absentee ballots are counted.
2) The election is never called on election night.
3) This kind of talk is why people have turned out to vote early in person in record numbers.
4) They would have to invalidate a shit ton of GOP votes, too.
5) I think he's wrong anyway. Election night, we'll know the winner.

[/embed]

I don't really take statements like that very seriously. I mean....is he wrong?...Yes.... we're going to know the winner on election night.

The real intent here in the final lap is to fire up the base.

Both sides are doing it.

On Reddit I check two places for political news....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/

A conservative echo chamber

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/

A huge liberal echo chamber

Their purpose is to continually fan the flames.  They do it very well.

I like that trump supporters still think they’re conservatives...it’s stupid really

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/

Allegedly the most accurate group of 2016 and the top rated company by RCP has all the BG states Trump won in 16 going red again save Wisconsin, which is within .4%. I really think Trump will win this, and if that happens, the odds of the Dems getting the Senate becomes less than 50%.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Allegedly the most accurate group of 2016 and the top rated company by RCP has all the BG states Trump won in 16 going red again save Wisconsin, which is within .4%. I really think Trump will win this, and if that happens, the odds of the Dems getting the Senate becomes less than 50%.

Oh no....you abandoned Rasmussen for Trafalgar! lol

I was wondering when you were going to that...

What a liar.....the top rated by RCP? You are shameless

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Oh no....you abandoned Rasmussen for Trafalgar! lol

I was wondering when you were going to that...

What a liar.....the top rated by RCP? You are shameless

The Trafalgar polls are so partisan that there is a (R) posted within line item associated with the data...

It's massively partisan...worse than the Rasmussen poll....ugly, and desparate

James

James wrote:

There was a 96 mile long line of cars for Trump in Arizona. Insanity. Apparently this type of thing is popping up in cities across the country.

His schedule is insane. Five rallies in five states today.

I'm amazed that people can just wave this stuff away without acknowledging there's clearly something brewing underneath the surface of these supposedly "we're correct this time!!!" polls.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Tell me, are the higher voter numbers (especially in places like TX) likely to favor Trump or Biden?

In a normal election, I'd say a high voter turnout means the incumbent is in a pickle.

This isn't a normal election.

Trump is pulling in crowds that would make the Beatles blush. There are nationwide traffic jams of Trump supporters...even in blue cities/states.

There's anticipation and excitement in the air for Trump.

Biden and Harris rallies are so small and quiet you could hear a mouse fart. Even Obama can't bring in huge crowds. There's no energy.

Yeah I know....Covid....but this didn't stop thousands of people from protesting and rioting.

This week in PA....

- Couple thousand looting stores because cops killed a criminal lunging at them with a knife

- A massive Trump rally

People like Maxine Waters are now flinging shit at black voters. This tells us they're already conceding a hefty percentage of the minority vote. She wouldn't spew such tripe if it was peaches and cream.

Dems need a huge percentage of the minority vote. When they don't get it, it's the first indicator of an incoming loss.

Yeah I know... supposedly giant waves of white people are going to make up for it.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I said this when it first started....the media pushing the riots and looting like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread was going to bite them in the ass hard.

They finally realized this because they didn't even cover the looting this week. You could only find footage of it on YouTube.

It's too late...the beds are already being made.

I'm hoping they smarten up and change tactics during a second Trump term.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

There was a 96 mile long line of cars for Trump in Arizona. Insanity. Apparently this type of thing is popping up in cities across the country.

His schedule is insane. Five rallies in five states today.

I'm amazed that people can just wave this stuff away without acknowledging there's clearly something brewing underneath the surface of these supposedly "we're correct this time!!!" polls.

96 miles line? Are you hearing yourself?

Board footer