You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

I want everyone to take a look at this. It's the biggest political sub on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/

Other than a handful of news items, it's nothing but propaganda.

Notice that there's no mention of cities boarding up but they mention Trump building a fence around the white house.

My favorite is the "picture of Biden without mask taken in 2019" without mentioning he forgot to put on his mask at a rally yesterday.

My favorite comment in that thread...

The problem is their base never hears the debunked part because they've usually moved on to the next BS story

Unbelievable.

They should not have been allowed to turn that sub into a propaganda hub. This type of thing should've been kept in a liberal or dem sub like how the right leaning stuff is kept in conservative/republican subs.

This country is broken.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This is how much the majority of this country hates Trump....HATES....HATES....HATES

What's happening is the media has spent four years creating Frankenstein's monster and when they don't get the results that were being beamed at them, the monster breaks the chains and chaos ensues.

There might really be a tie.

Now that is a nightmare scenario.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

OMG, you guys need to chill out. This race is not suddenly breaking for anyone in either direction. It’s basically the same percentages we’ve seen all year. Nate Silver or 538 are not backtracking off their forecast. They don’t predict stuff or do their own polling, they forecast like a meteorologist. He’s reminding everyone that there is and always has been a chance Trump wins.

There have literally been tens of thousands of polls this year, they all tell the same story nationally and on statewide level. There probably won’t be any real surprises. Florida will be close. Pennsylvania will be close. NC, AZ, Iowa, Texas will be close.

Either guy can really win. Trump wins, and yes it’s an upset, but he can win. Biden can easily win.

It’s fun to go by car caravans and rallies and cookie sales, but real data is out there. Look for it if you want.

I know I’ll probably get shit on for this post, but whatever.

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1323414583592308737?s=21

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

For the record, I sure as shit ain’t hedging my bets off a cookie poll.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

For the record, I sure as shit ain’t hedging my bets off a cookie poll.

It is fun though and it’s how elections used to be. No harm in it.

Poll analysts like Nate Cohn or Nate Silver are easy targets, especially after 2016 and 2018 in Florida. But they and pollsters have covered their ass this time. They miss this one, and hundreds to thousands of people associated with this cottage industry are out of jobs.

I actually think they’re playing it safe. The good thing is, we’ll know in about 24 hours.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Personally, I want a calm, boring candidate....I want to things to get back to normal.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

OMG, you guys need to chill out.

tongue

Everyone always gets a bit wacky at election time. Even people who don't normally follow news(or vote) start paying attention.

Even back when it was much more innocent.

Hell....my mom dragged me out to the railroad tracks in 1988 to stand there for hours waiting for the Dukakis train with Rob Lowe riding around with him.

Waited hours to hear a 10 minute speech.

We even had to wait for the damn decoy train to pass by.  I mean come on...was there really any need for that decoy?

On election night she went to vote and before she came back,  Bush had already won.

Boy was she pissed....

James

James wrote:

Come on...admit it...this is a good ad.

I miss the days when most ads were like this....

https://twitter.com/kilmeade/status/1322952354593984517

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I liked it, but why would Facebook ban that?  Did they actually ban it?

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I liked it, but why would Facebook ban that?  Did they actually ban it?

I was wondering that too.

I think there's a general ban on political ads right before the election. Nothing against this ad specifically.

He should've included that info in his tweet.

Board footer