You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

This whole thing is catastrophic, and only Trump can stop real harm from coming. In Pittsburgh alone, there are almost 70k ballots that occurred after November 3rd. If SCOTUS rules these ballots are invalid statewide, there’s a very good chance Trump wins the state.

I don’t know the status of other states as I don’t want to get caught up in the drama.  Trump should concede, but he’s going to exhaust his legal options. If GA has a similar situation, Jesus Christ.

I was in downtown Pittsburgh yesterday and people were honking their horns in celebration of Biden’s win. What do they do if SCOTUS says Trump won?

Biden’s going to have a very tough time governing with a 4-5 seat majority in the house and the Republican senate. Democrats didn’t deliver and in fact lost ground in the legislature. I’m very worried how Pelosi manages the 70-80 progressives who will vote against any legislation that wouldn’t make Sanders or Warren beam.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

What happened to Fox News? I thought this channel was supposed to be Trump propaganda? From what little I watched earlier, they're going along with what's happening.

The massive crowds celebrating are unlike any crowd in history. Instead of cheering the winner, it's all about Trump losing.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don’t know the status of other states as I don’t want to get caught up in the drama.

I'm not getting caught up in the drama of the Trump series finale either.

I'm seeing a lot of accusations with little follow through in the proof department.

Yeah there will be recounts, he'll challenge it, but it's over. Fox is even getting ready for the next chapter.

While I'm not sure I believe it(yet), I saw on CNN there's a rumour that Kushner is telling Trump it's time to concede and get it over with.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

What happened to Fox News? I thought this channel was supposed to be Trump propaganda?

Murdoch doesn't like losers.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This whole election still seems dirty. Still counting in too many states. Too many anomalies. Just a strange odor from it all.

It's over. period.

For instane, PA state (GOP) legislature refused to allow PA to begin counting prior to 7AM Election Day.  So, with machines capable of counting only 10,000 per hour, yeah it took days to complete. Pretty simple math. Considering trump urged his supporters to vote in person on election day, and he said on national TV during the debate "Bad things happen in Philadelphia" its really no surprise he lost the vote heavily in PA once the early votes continued to be counted. Same with Arizona, don't constantly trash the McCain family & he probably has a shot of winning. Vegas has been a ghost town most of 2020, so for a city who relies on tourism, again, not a surprise he loses.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This whole thing is catastrophic, and only Trump can stop real harm from coming. In Pittsburgh alone, there are almost 70k ballots that occurred after November 3rd. If SCOTUS rules these ballots are invalid statewide, there’s a very good chance Trump wins the state.

I don’t know the status of other states as I don’t want to get caught up in the drama.  Trump should concede, but he’s going to exhaust his legal options. If GA has a similar situation, Jesus Christ.

I was in downtown Pittsburgh yesterday and people were honking their horns in celebration of Biden’s win. What do they do if SCOTUS says Trump won?

Biden’s going to have a very tough time governing with a 4-5 seat majority in the house and the Republican senate. Democrats didn’t deliver and in fact lost ground in the legislature. I’m very worried how Pelosi manages the 70-80 progressives who will vote against any legislation that wouldn’t make Sanders or Warren beam.

Would you get real. This isn't going to the Supreme Court.  It has to go to the lower courts first and so far each case has been thrown out without even hearing it.  Things don't just get fast tracked to the SC because trump says so or bc its a big deal. What 70,000 votes are you referring to, I did a google search and only came up with this, an article from September??  https://www.post-gazette.com/news/polit … 2009240167

There's no throwing out of ballots, there's no recount, there's no revote, and there sure as shit is no pipe dream fantasy of yours of amy barrett overturning the will of the peoples vote.

Biden will be President. Period.

James

James wrote:

Trump's constant bitching about mail in ballots in the lead up to the election was a huge mistake.

What are Republicans who hang on his every word yet at the same time didn't want to go out to vote because of the virus supposed to do?

They don't vote.

Yeah...only a few thousand probably did this...but that's all it takes to swing a state blue or red.

This also takes us back to politicizing the virus....a colossal fuck up.

Trump should've kept his goddamn mouth shut and stayed off twitter and he slides into reelection.

He only has himself to blame.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Edit:  I misspoke. It’s 29k ballots in Allegheny county, not 69k.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/polit … 2011050144

Alito already ordered the ballots to be segregated. It won’t go through federal courts. It’ll be taken to SCOTUS just like it was in 2000. Please don’t lump me in with your previous hysterics because you’re not aware Alito already ordered the segregation Friday.

I don’t want this drama. But if you think it’s unlikely the courts are going to ignore that Wolf ordered the extension against the wishes of the legislature, you’re the one that needs to get real.

Laws matter. Biden won, and Trump is going to push his legal claim. That’s not controversial. That’s recognizing the situation for what it is. You know, how Stacy Abrams who’s being interviewed on every station as a hero still hadn’t conceded her 2018 defeat.

I don’t think Trump will concede. But the idiots on his side don’t want to hear that. I don’t think these votes will matter, and Biden’s lead will hold. Simply pointing out the danger of people reacting poorly if they feel they’ve been cheated.

James

James wrote:

there's no recount

There's going to be a recount in a couple states. The problem is that it's not going to move the lever enough to actually make a difference.

It's why everyone but the hardcore followers want him to concede.

James

James wrote:

One more thing....

Trump's mouth also ruined this for him. In 2016, he said they cheated when he won! He spent the past few months whining about cheating before anything had happened.

The little boy cried wolf.

Now that he needs people to pay attention to his ramblings in regards to cheating, it just blends in with the other white noise.

Board footer