You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:
Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Let me reiterate since it wasn’t accepted the first time - if you bitched that Obama didn’t get to force the Republican Senate to accept his replacement of Scalia, you’re a complete fraud if you demand Republicans wait now.

If you supported the Biden rule in 2016, but now want to ignore it for political expediency, you’re a fraud.

If you want the filibuster repealed and the court packed, you lack any principles or convictions, and just desire power.

The dude using an alias/double account is calling people a fraud. That's awesome.

Did I hit a nerve?  Normally you have something clever to say in your attempts to deflect, but you don’t have anything of substance this time. Did you or did you not condemn how McConnell handled Garland?  Why has your stance changed?  We all know why, but be honest and say it - you’ll support anything to promote victory for your side. Values and consistency be damned.

Now go write articles in print media about how 90% of the protests are peaceful and how the vandalism and murders don’t represent your chosen candidate. That white supremacist are to blame. Call Wray a hack. I’ll totally continue to believe you.

How would you know if I usually have something clever to say? Didn't you just get here, Rocky? What do you base your thoughts on, Rocky?

Did I condemn McConnel? Damn right. But he did it. He set a modern precedent. He should abide by it. Or he's a hypocrite. The Biden Rule, BTW, is not a thing, and Biden left the door open for hearings AFTER the election at the time.

Also, Rocky, I don't work in the media anymore. Keep up, Rocky. Good day, Rocky.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Did Flagg get locked out of his account? I mean, to troll you typically post at the same time as all of your accounts. You don't typically disappear and show up as a total rando.

*there's been telling signs*

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Gotta protect those sweet sweet karma points.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Worth reading, its a list of quotes by 17 current GOP senators about NOT voting for SC in an election year  (its a dumb precedent, but this GOP invented it now wants to put the toothpaste in the bottle less than 4 years later)

https://www.motherjones.com/2020-electi … tion-year/

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The dude using an alias/double account is calling people a fraud. That's awesome.

Yea...it really is beyond ridiculous...

And it’s just uncanny how consistently he gives trump and republicans a pass.

And now he wants to discuss policy and argue semantics while:

1) children and parents are still being separated at the border
2) Corona is still ravaging the country
3) trump is holding live rallies with thousands of people basically aiding the spread
4) social and civil unrest
5) trump lies everyday about everything
6) unemployment is still off the charts terrible
7) a second stimulus is badly needed
8) trump has literally no major legislative victory outside of his tax cut for the rich and corporations
9) trump uses executive orders constantly after spending 8 years criticizing Obama for them.
10) trump spends most of his time golfing, watching network news and tweeting.
11) republicans plan to replace RBG despite just 4 years ago blocking an appointment under the same circumstances.
12) trump Threatens on a daily basis that he will not honor the vote in November.

All this and more and you want to debate policy?

What fucking policy?

It’s really disgusting what has been normalized over the past four years.

1. This started under Obama because their parents broke the law, among many other reasons.
2. Yeah, like all over the world.
3-4. So are the protests. Some being manufactured by domestic terrorists.
5. Welcome to politics, mitch.
6. Because of covid.
7. Thank Chuck and Nancy.
8. Criminal Justice reform. Nafta reform.
9. Yup.
10. Yup.
11. Welcome to politics, mitch.
12. He says it would be rigged if he lost, not that he won't leave office.

They did vote on it! https://www.vox.com/2020/9/10/21429678/ … blicans%20

Ya know...a stimulus that only helped a few republican supporters and giant businesses isn’t what’s needed. Again, a severely lacking stimulus package that Dems shouldn’t vote for until the people they represent are included in the stimulus.

If you think that makes chuck and Nancy responsible then i guess that’s one  way to look at it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Worth reading, its a list of quotes by 17 current GOP senators about NOT voting for SC in an election year  (its a dumb precedent, but this GOP invented it now wants to put the toothpaste in the bottle less than 4 years later)

https://www.motherjones.com/2020-electi … tion-year/

No but Pa...these people aren’t the hypocrites....clearly you are somehow...simply by pointing this out.

Why would You use the quotes ot the people who contrived this rule out of nowhere and just a few short years later are saying the opposite!

You are such a hypocrite!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

They did vote on it! https://www.vox.com/2020/9/10/21429678/ … blicans%20

Ya know...a stimulus that only helped a few republican supporters and giant businesses isn’t what’s needed. Again, a severely lacking stimulus package that Dems shouldn’t vote for until the people they represent are included in the stimulus.

If you think that makes chuck and Nancy responsible then i guess that’s one  way to look at it.

What don't you understand about "blocking the vote?"

"Democrats blocked a Senate Republican proposal on Thursday that would provide aid to Americans during the coronavirus pandemic. The Senate Republican measure failed to pass through the cloture vote, with 52 Republicans in favor of the motion to invoke cloture and 47 Democrats against the motion."

"The bill was defeated in a 52-47 vote, not meeting the 60 needed to break the Democratic filibuster, a mechanism requiring three-fifths of the chamber to agree to end the debate and allow a final vote."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 762727002/

Yes, Chuck and Nancy MUST work with the Senate and WH, and they're waiting to see how the election plays out instead, and that's just perfectly wonderful and awesome, I guess.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

You guys keep talking about me, guess I should appear like Beetlejuice. 

tenor.gif

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So let me get this right, BigBri calls people hypocrites (rightfully) if they supported shutting out Garland in 2016, but is oblivious he's doing just that by demanding Trump not nominate a replacement, and McConnell not hold a vote.  Mitch couldn't make a coherent statement if you put a gun to his head, and ID is trying really hard to at least look at things objectively.  Irish is hit or miss, and Pa is waiting for the next story to shit talk Trump, and accept it blindly without a second guess.

Yea, nothing's really changed.

50/50 at this point, but I still think Trump pulls it off.  You can't riot in the street for months, have one candidate literally bail them out to riot and hurt people, then pretend you have any authority on calling out others for inciting violence. 

Sucks Ginsburg is dead.  She was a genius jurist and one of the finest to sit the bench.  But I'm glad she won't be one of the 9 anymore.  If only "The Wise Latina (her words, not mine)" would vanish too.

And because I want to contribute as much intellectually as the rest of you....

Ruthless_SCOTUS_Memes.png

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I never demanded Trump not nominate a replacement. Nice try.

And let’s not kid ourselves. Trump has about zero to do with this process. He’ll say a name, that’s about it.

Board footer