You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

With this 600-2k stimulus fiasco, Trump proved he doesn't have the slightest clue how to govern and also how shitty of a negotiator he is.

His conduct is beyond defending. It's despicable.

He's not playing 4d chess. He's playing checkers.... badly.

He refused to sign a bill, demands changes and an increase in direct payments, plays golf, and then signs the same bill he mocked with no changes. Delaying it the extra day fucked up unemployment for millions.

His own party doesn't even give a shit about what he wants. They're just waiting for the clock to run out on Trump so they can go back to pretending that they care about the deficit.

It's pretty stupid. It's just another stupid thing Trump has done that his base will forget about.

It's amazing isn't it? The run-off elections are what...9 days away? Now the house passes the $2,000 and puts McConnell in quite the pickle. Meanwhile, Trump is still golfing and getting fatter by the minute.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Lmao Mitch McConnell himself blocks the $2000....genius move...why do i feel more confident that the Georgia elections go the Dems way?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's a coin toss that favors the incumbents.

In a normal world, Mcconnell's decision would indeed fuck up their chances at those Senate seats and they'd lose their majority.

The world isn't normal.

We're in a post truth Idiocracy where both sides just spin and make up their own facts.

Conservatives are already blaming Pelosi for what happened. They either don't hear what Mcconnell is doing or simply don't care.

Trump's approach to this... blaming Republicans... could potentially screw them as well but it's a wild card at this point.

People just choose their own facts now. Better hope they choose facts that will knock those two parasites out of office. They announced that they support the 2k now that they know Mitch won't bring it up for a vote.

How convenient....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

People select what “facts” they want to consider, and enjoy cognitive dissonance when facts manifest that don’t support their conclusion.

Sanders was going to filibuster the vote until the story became McConnell hasn’t immediately held a vote. People know who they’ll blame and are just looking for a reason to justify it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/2 … ide-451697

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

People select what “facts” they want to consider, and enjoy cognitive dissonance when facts manifest that don’t support their conclusion.

Sanders was going to filibuster the vote until the story became McConnell hasn’t immediately held a vote. People know who they’ll blame and are just looking for a reason to justify it.

huh?

I suppose you'll give your $600 back in protest of it all then, hmm?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

It's a coin toss that favors the incumbents.

In a normal world, Mcconnell's decision would indeed fuck up their chances at those Senate seats and they'd lose their majority.

The world isn't normal.

We're in a post truth Idiocracy where both sides just spin and make up their own facts.

Conservatives are already blaming Pelosi for what happened. They either don't hear what Mcconnell is doing or simply don't care.

Trump's approach to this... blaming Republicans... could potentially screw them as well but it's a wild card at this point.

People just choose their own facts now. Better hope they choose facts that will knock those two parasites out of office. They announced that they support the 2k now that they know Mitch won't bring it up for a vote.

How convenient....

When it comes to this stuff...it's pretty straight forward to me. We have needed a stimulus for a long time. As usual, people are getting shit...looks like small business is the winner in this...

We should change the first line of the national anthem to 'Hooraaay for me and fuck you...'

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Mnuchin just said that the $600 stimulus checks will start going out as soon as tonight.

In other words.....2k pipe dreams are basically over.  It's political theater at this point.

They should just stop talking about it.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

huh?

I won’t be getting a cent under the legislation. You won’t be either if your claims of being a successful business owner are true.  That your ignorant of this isn’t surprising.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

huh?

I won’t be getting a cent under the legislation. You won’t be either if your claims of being a successful business owner are true.  That your ignorant of this isn’t surprising.

I likely actually will in the form of a PPP program loan/grant.

That your ignorant of this isn’t surprising.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

huh?

I likely actually will in the form of a PPP program loan/grant.

That your ignorant of this isn’t surprising.

You got me Mitch!  In a discussion specifically about the $600 payout you started, I was unaware of the PPP program. I don’t know how the two topics are related, but there’s a reason you’re known as the special one here.

Then again, if you were successful you wouldn’t need a business loan. I guess you “deserve” it.

Board footer