You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

The reason violent Jack asses rioted today is because we've witnessed four years of violent jack asses rioting while being pampered and protected by the media, and people crumbling to demands so not to upset them or their media allies. Basically, they did it because it works. This is what the media and progressives created. This is what happens. Don't start complaining and using the word riot now, when you didn't for four years.

misterID

misterID wrote:

White house staff are resigning, Pence's staff are barred from the WH. Trump might actually get thrown out before he has to leave.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The reason violent Jack asses rioted today is because we've witnessed four years of violent jack asses rioting while being pampered and protected by the media, and people crumbling to demands so not to upset them or their media allies. Basically, they did it because it works. This is what the media and progressives created. This is what happens. Don't start complaining and using the word riot now, when you didn't for four years.

Oh ok so let’s just wait for the next one...this is a failure of proportion and magnitude....

The most violent Jack ass of them all encourages this all

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh ok so let’s just wait for the next one...this is a failure of proportion and magnitude....

The most violent Jack ass of them all encourages this all

I'm glad you've finally come to the conclusion that violent riots are wrong.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

I don't think they're considering invoking the 25th amendment....I think they already stripped him of his powers and they're gonna let it trickle out publicly.

The secretary of defense and Pence called in the national guard.

VP does not have the power to do that.

Trump is no longer in charge. They may or may not let him pretend to be running the show but the Trump presidency officially ended today behind closed doors.

Unless they publicly invoke, we may never know what really happened behind closed doors.

He's been neutered....and that's a good thing.

His mouth can still be a threat. The twitter ban needs to be permanent.

I hope we find out what really happened. Was it Pence and several advisers, did the military warn him and tell him it's over, etc.

I was worried this morning/afternoon about this spiraling out of control. Once I heard Pence had called in the national guard, I stopped worrying.

I say this all the time but I'm gonna say it again....

On the 21st, it's time for the media and the country to move on from Trump world. It literally almost destroyed this country.

Stop giving him and his family the attention they crave.

The outrage machine on both sides of the media has to grind to a halt. It's whipping everyone into a 24/7 frenzy and we now see the potential of what can happen.

Had these people not had shit for brains and had actually planned this out, we could've been minutes away from a decapitation strike on the legislative branch.

That is insane. If we don't immediately learn our lesson and make changes, it's going to get worse.

One of Trump's kids will run in 2024. If we keep this hyper-partisan shit show running full speed ahead...they might win.

It's time for normalcy. The media can just deal with a drop in revenue. Our country is on the line.

What makes you so sure Trump has been neutered?

If Pence is making crucial decisions during a crisis, Trump is not in charge.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Trump and Trumpism as a political force is dead, and I know a lot of progressives want to hold on to Trumpism because they see it as a political advantage for "their" party. Just read this:

"Why do I know that Trump lost #AZ? 33K+ ballots were cast with NO vote for President. Libertarian got 48k votes. GOP held State House & Senate. GOP won all Maricopa County-wide positions. Every GOP US House member re-elected. If Dems stole AZ, they did a really crappy job..."

The fact he got as many votes as he did, especially with Hispanics and Blacks, shows how out of touch progressives are.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

What happened today went beyond a riot.

We were a functioning brain and a cohesive plan away from being plunged into pure chaos. It wouldn't have been difficult. The lack of guards preventing entry is disturbing and pure luck and idiocy saved the day.

I believe this is why politicians on both sides were rattled. They realize how close we came to a nightmare scenario...out of the blue and within minutes, a mostly dead and decapitated legislative branch with a deranged wannabe dictator in charge of the aftermath.

I agree in spirit about the various riots/protests of 2020 but there's no way to whataboutism a way out of this.

This was unprecedented in modern times and it's a sign of how far we've fallen.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump and Trumpism as a political force is dead, and I know a lot of progressives want to hold on to Trumpism because they see it as a political advantage for "their" party.

Trumpism also helps ratings and ad revenue.

Our society is sick. It lives and breathes Trump 24/7.

It has to stop. No dialing it down. End it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It happened because the dumbfuck DC mayor has been undermining police responding to riots and told them to stand down.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I think Pence made the decision along with consultation w/Pelosi and McConnell and Schumer.  That a good sign.

And Trump doesn’t have to be removed, but as is now w/mostly everyone deserting him, he has no clout or power and that’s a good thing.

As far as the Trump kids running in 2024, I bet the GOP will want someone who is normal.  And I get the feeling will come out + he may get indicated in NY for financial crimes.  The name will be radioactive in 2024.

Board footer