You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

They're mistaken Mitch, it wasn't ANTIFA that was there, it was Aunt Tifa.

I haven't mentioned antifa, but its funny you guys keep going back to it in an effort to downplay it.

Everyone involved needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

The DC mayor also deserves blame for helping to allow this to happen for calling off support for DC police because she allowed left leaning protesters to converge on capital buildings. She was asked for support before this attack and she refused. It doesn't matter if she's Republican or Democrat, that was a dereliction of duty, as was Trump's behavior.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

There will be armed protests at all 50 state capitols from Jan. 16-20...if anything bad happens make sure you have your antifa talking points in order.

Bro, you guys allowed this to be possible.  It's entirely on you for ignoring the riots last year.  100%.

Then expect more I guess...both sides are saying it's fine now according to this logic.

I'm planning it now...next time a Republican wins I'll bring my gun and some zip ties to DC.

Nothing would make me happier. Post pics to Twitter when you do...

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I cannot understand why it is so hard to see the difference between what happened last week, and this summer's blm protests. I get that people are eager to point out the similarities: yes, individuals in both groups broke laws, acted violently and misbehaved; yes, the majority of people in both groups had no bad intentions and just wanted to exercise their right to protest what they perceive as injustice.

The difference is simple though: the leftists' concerns are rooted in real world issues of racism, discrimination and social injustice created by a society that has had a difficult past when it comes to race relationships. Sure, the way that these concerns are expressed aren't always ideal, but the underlying reasons are and have historically always been valid.

The right's concerns are based on conspiracy theories and lies spread and supported - if not created - by Trump and a significant portion of the GOP leadership. There is no real underlying issue here, it's all fabricated. They created a narrative, specifically to rile up his base and bring out the vote. Having created that context for electoral gains and still giving the speeches he has been giving in the run-up to January 6th is THAT is why Trump needs to be held accountable.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I cannot understand why it is so hard to see the difference between what happened last week, and this summer's blm protests. I get that people are eager to point out the similarities: yes, individuals in both groups broke laws, acted violently and misbehaved; yes, the majority of people in both groups had no bad intentions and just wanted to exercise their right to protest what they perceive as injustice.

The difference is simple though: the leftists' concerns are rooted in real world issues of racism, discrimination and social injustice created by a society that has had a difficult past when it comes to race relationships. Sure, the way that these concerns are expressed aren't always ideal, but the underlying reasons are and have historically always been valid.

The right's concerns are based on conspiracy theories and lies spread and supported - if not created - by Trump and a significant portion of the GOP leadership. There is no real underlying issue here, it's all fabricated. They created a narrative, specifically to rile up his base and bring out the vote. Having created that context for electoral gains and still giving the speeches he has been giving in the run-up to January 6th is THAT is why Trump needs to be held accountable.

You have it half right.  The ugly truth is that both sides lean heavily on fabrications.  When given a chance to deep dive on that subject here in another thread where they couldn't just call people names to deflect, surprisingly none of the left leaning folks were interested in a discussion about it.  Its fascinating how when you control the media, you control the narrative.   Lefties tried to get Trump at the white house, but that was ok.  This is the mentality.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
TheMole wrote:

This is wrong, the leftists, not the protestors, rioted based on far left political ideology; abolish the police, abolish jails, end capitalism. These were the people who rioted and would burrow themselves into the real socially conscious protestors. If you want to see some real conspiracy theorists, look their way also.

Again, everyone involved, from Trump to the protestor should be held accountable for their actions. Romanticism of the far left, or any side, and not being honest about it is what helps create these incidents.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What's awesome about this is Irish is literally being Trump right now repeating the same bullshit over and over and his little pussy bitches just play along like he has a clue.

Ireland has their own political history that's pretty interesting.  Maybe you should do some homework on terrorism there before telling other countries how to handle their issues.  smile

Oh no, now he is going after the land I happened to be born on. I'm so offended.

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. You know, just like your founders.
You know the US is considered to be terrorists by many more people than the Irish. Not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand, but sure if you want to talk history create a thread and maybe study your own history before making comments that make you look foolish as it doesn't match your online persona.

Never stop being your charming self.

The point is you don't have any idea what this country is like.  You read little snippets on Twitter from people that confirm your biases and think you know it all.  Life here is nothing like you think it is, yet you post as though you have it all figured out.  Twitter is a bigger dumpster fire than this thread is and that's not easy to do. 

Follow your own advice.  Learn before you come in here acting like a know it all.  I've lived in a big city in the north.  I've lived in the middle of nowhere in the south.  I've lived in areas in between.  If you understood anything about this country you wouldn't post like you do.  Get some perspective.

Awe someone is butthurt that I ran rings around them last night. The kicker? I used nothing only your own words to own you, and your superior intellect never even noticed. That is how dumb you are.

Also your insinuation that I shouldnt post as I'm not American is ridiculous. Like something a child would come up with.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

LOL - you're so full of shit you stink.

I talked to SG before I came in and told him my purpose for logging in today.  I've never had any conversation with RF outside of laughing at you guys in these threads.

You're literally getting told how fucked up you are by people that haven't been in this thread and you still come at us like we're the problem.  What a bunch of fucking pussies.

You want to show me where I was literally told how fucked up I am by people that haven't been in this thread? I mean I'm sure you can backup what you say.

Atleast you have a sense of humour and found my post funny. That was my intention.

Monkey and Aussie.  Did you even read their posts?

I did, but you are a lying piece of shit because they didn't tell me to stop.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
TheMole wrote:

This is wrong, the leftists, not the protestors, rioted based on far left political ideology; abolish the police, abolish jails, end capitalism. These were the people who rioted and would burrow themselves into the real socially conscious protestors. If you want to see some real conspiracy theorists, look their way also.

Again, everyone involved, from Trump to the protestor should be held accountable for their actions. Romanticism of the far left, or any side, and not being honest about it is what helps create these incidents.

I think your wrong. Violence created by intentional lies to achieve the goal or threatening congress and our entire political system is not the same to me as what happened all summer. It's not. Never will be and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Your argument gets you no where anyway...it's a non-starter to any type of solution. Therefore, it is implied that you just expect more of this to occur.

So let's agree on that. Let's expect it to occur together. I'll cheer when it happens to a Republican and you cheer when it happens to a Democrat. It'll be an eye for an eye all the way down the line.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:
TheMole wrote:

You have it half right.  The ugly truth is that both sides lean heavily on fabrications.  When given a chance to deep dive on that subject here in another thread where they couldn't just call people names to deflect, surprisingly none of the left leaning folks were interested in a discussion about it.  Its fascinating how when you control the media, you control the narrative.   Lefties tried to get Trump at the white house, but that was ok.  This is the mentality.

This.

The riots this summer weren't over police brutality.  If you believe that, you didn't pay any attention to what the folks on the ground and their anointed leaders said.  The riots weren't limited to George Floyd, but any other black male the media created a false narrative was improperly brutalized - point and case Jacob Blake.  "Fact Checkers" are refusing to apologize for their lies, saying their "fact Checks" were based on the information at the time.  Don't believe me, look here:  https://www.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-j … 35607.html

When pressed for specifics, they always vanish or toss out an insult and still lack the information to support their point.

The George Floyd officers were arrested and charged with murder within days, so tell me what the protesters were marching for after that? Record number of homicides this year, with over 50% being black males being killed by other black males.  And out national attention was diverted to the myth that black people are disproportionately killed by police.  Can anyone substantiate that claim, or do you acknowledge you don't have anything other than conjecture and perception driving you?

Trump did more for criminal justice reform than any modern President, but that is somehow left from the argument. 

No one is supporting bad cops or asking that cops be allowed to brutalize people.  But a lot of people think rioters and protesters in justified in their brutality and violence.  When you open that flood gate, you no longer control it.  The military and police certainly aren't going to align themselves with the people calling them evil.  Biden himself said this nonsense is what caused the DNC from having the landslide all the experts predicted, but why stay in reality when you can fabricate positions that don't require you to justify your stance.

Rioters attempted to and failed to take over the White House.  This is ok, because Trump is a bad man and the media and Democratic leaders encouraged and justified it.  Rioters entered the Capitol and did what exactly?  No one here gave two fucks about murders and injuries to police in left wing violence all summer.  How many cops were ambushed by people mobilized by BLM and Antifa?  It's clear they don't give a fuck about the woman who was killed, but just go back 6 months to find outrage that rubber bullets were used to disperse people trying to kill the President. 

None of them can explain why this is different, and how it's not connected to the violence tolerated and encouraged by the media and Democratic leadership.  I linked the videos of their own words and it was skipped just like ID's post on censorship was skipped.  Just as they avoided your race relations thread.  They lack the information to defend their views, and think having people pat them on the back on the internet counts for something. 

Political violence is wrong.  If you don't understand how months of civil unrest resulted in more civil unrest using the exact same tactics the other side used, you're not making an attempt to understand.  Capitol rioters are domestic terrorists, but the people setting fires and trying to breach the White House are peaceful protesters.  This is some real 1984 shit.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I think your wrong. Violence created by intentional lies to achieve the goal or threatening congress and our entire political system is not the same to me as what happened all summer. It's not. Never will be and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Your argument gets you no where anyway...it's a non-starter to any type of solution. Therefore, it is implied that you just expect more of this to occur.

So let's agree on that. Let's expect it to occur together. I'll cheer when it happens to a Republican and you cheer when it happens to a Democrat. It'll be an eye for an eye all the way down the line.

That's the problem, Mitch, and you refuse to see it.  We're not cheering any of it on.  We condemned the violence this summer and condemn the violence now. You're cheering it on when it happens to people you think are your enemies.  I don't want any violence. And for someone who is hesitant to own a gun because he doesn't know if he could kill someone raping his wife, are you sure you really want to celebrate the violence?

Board footer