You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

For the record I agree with most of what Rrf posted on immigration. You have to control borders if you have so much flooding in. In saying that I disagree with how it is currently handled. Separating kids from families, putting them in cages etc, but I'm sure we all agree on that.

From what I thought Mexico ain't part of CA,  in fact your own wiki link you provided actually contradicts you, but it's not a big issue and not sure why y'all are spending the time on such a minor thing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Apparently the school I went to taught the first 20 entries of “Is Mexico in Central America” search results of Google before UCF showed up.

Keep embarrassing yourself with your ignorance.  I guess the fucking UN is wrong too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na … prov=sfti1


You have Mitch cheering you on. Think on that.

Did you read it?

“ Note that the continent of North America comprises the intermediate regions of the Caribbean, Central America, and Northern America.”

You either A) Knew what you were doing categorizing Mexico with Central America to make your point or B) Didn’t know Mexico was North America. I tend to believe the latter.

Last post because it’s clear you’re not here to post about any topic, but an argument you created. Are you color blind, the United Nations considers Mexico part of Central America. So my inclusion of Mexico in Central America was totally appropriate. But since I didn’t mention Mexico and it was you responding to my post about immigration solely to tell me Mexico isn’t part of Central America, and the United Nations considers Mexico part of Central America, I really don’t have anything of value to gain from engaging with you save irritation. It’s why I ignore 90% of Mitch’s posts.

If you’d like to participate in a discussion about the topics people post, please stay. Do whatever the fuck you want, but please don’t become another troll that can’t admit when they’re wrong and only posts to create arguments they’re unwilling to defend with anything but opinion.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 51 

Re: Current Events Thread

FlashFlood wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

For the record I agree with most of what Rrf posted on immigration. You have to control borders if you have so much flooding in. In saying that I disagree with how it is currently handled. Separating kids from families, putting them in cages etc, but I'm sure we all agree on that.

From what I thought Mexico ain't part of CA,  in fact your own wiki link you provided actually contradicts you, but it's not a big issue and not sure why y'all are spending the time on such a minor thing.

In my first post I gave RF rope saying if I missed something about his greater point on Central America, but he contradicted himself so we went back and forth. I’m done and will now go back into my GnR only cave.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

For the record I agree with most of what Rrf posted on immigration. You have to control borders if you have so much flooding in. In saying that I disagree with how it is currently handled. Separating kids from families, putting them in cages etc, but I'm sure we all agree on that.

From what I thought Mexico ain't part of CA,  in fact your own wiki link you provided actually contradicts you, but it's not a big issue and not sure why y'all are spending the time on such a minor thing.

Mexico is a part of north america....this is not up for debate...for centuries...

the implication that immigrants are flooding into the united states (only a small part of north america) is a scare tactic and misleading...

the argument has always been about who does and doesn't get to come here...who do we make it easy for...who do we make it hard for...and who do we make it impossible for...

those policies are largely dictated by personal definitions of superiority and inferiority....there has been no consistent set of rules follwed, implemented or agreed upon since 1776.

My favorite video on the topic based PURELY on data....

FlashFlood
 Rep: 51 

Re: Current Events Thread

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Keep embarrassing yourself with your ignorance.  I guess the fucking UN is wrong too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na … prov=sfti1


You have Mitch cheering you on. Think on that.

Did you read it?

“ Note that the continent of North America comprises the intermediate regions of the Caribbean, Central America, and Northern America.”

You either A) Knew what you were doing categorizing Mexico with Central America to make your point or B) Didn’t know Mexico was North America. I tend to believe the latter.

Last post because it’s clear you’re not here to post about any topic, but an argument you created. Are you color blind, the United Nations considers Mexico part of Central America. So my inclusion of Mexico in Central America was totally appropriate. But since I didn’t mention Mexico and it was you responding to my post about immigration solely to tell me Mexico isn’t part of Central America, and the United Nations considers Mexico part of Central America, I really don’t have anything of value to gain from engaging with you save irritation. It’s why I ignore 90% of Mitch’s posts.

If you’d like to participate in a discussion about the topics people post, please stay. Do whatever the fuck you want, but please don’t become another troll that can’t admit when they’re wrong and only posts to create arguments they’re unwilling to defend with anything but opinion.

You use a lot of words to distort past conversation. I’m not wrong, I didn’t state opinion and I definitely defended myself. I politely said if you had “a greater point i missed about Central America”. I meant it and didn’t argue you on it.

I’ll see myself out.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

For the record I agree with most of what Rrf posted on immigration. You have to control borders if you have so much flooding in. In saying that I disagree with how it is currently handled. Separating kids from families, putting them in cages etc, but I'm sure we all agree on that.

From what I thought Mexico ain't part of CA,  in fact your own wiki link you provided actually contradicts you, but it's not a big issue and not sure why y'all are spending the time on such a minor thing.

Mexico is a part of north america....this is not up for debate...for centuries...

the implication that immigrants are flooding into the united states (only a small part of north america) is a scare tactic and misleading...

the argument has always been about who does and doesn't get to come here...who do we make it easy for...who do we make it hard for...and who do we make it impossible for...

those policies are largely dictated by personal definitions of superiority and inferiority....there has been no consistent set of rules follwed, implemented or agreed upon since 1776.

My favorite video on the topic based PURELY on data....

[/embed]

Yep that's what I thought Mexico to be NA.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I'll go one step farther for you...check out the countries he's claiming are the problem. It's not Mexico...but it is Mexico...but it's not Mexico...but its....

The 'central american' countries he derides account for minuscule percentage of immigrants....why does he mislead you...why does he blur the lines so much...why does he muddy the waters?

which immigrants are we opposed to now? what's the flavor of the month?

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Interesting numbers in the vid. Thx for sharing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I'll go one step farther for you...check out the countries he's claiming are the problem. It's not Mexico...but it is Mexico...but it's not Mexico...but its....

The 'central american' countries he derides account for minuscule percentage of immigrants....why does he mislead you...why does he blur the lines so much...why does he muddy the waters?

which immigrants are we opposed to now? what's the flavor of the month?


Mitch,

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statist … 19/table34

Illegal apprehended immigrants in 2019 were 285k Guatemala, 268k Honduras, and
100k for El Salvador. Versus 255k total for Mexico. That’s out of 1M total illegals apprehended. Which is exactly what I said in my 2nd post.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re not informed, and I want you to know I take great pleasure in exposing your self righteous ignorance. Get informed, cite a single fucking thing you say.

I just gave you actual statistics from the government. But you do you beau.


Don’t listen to people who can’t cite their arguments and are continually shown to be grossly uninformed on the topics they discuss. Verify everything. Mitch doesn’t have an informed opinion, he just has anger that he manifests in poorly written posts.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

We need to seal the border. The people here that contribute give them legal status so they can pay taxes. Not citizenship for now. They need to earn that. Taxes is a good way to start

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB