You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Nah dude we have it wrong. These middle aged, straight white men know what's offensive to Black people, what's offensive to Gay or trans people.

Oh forgive those of us with a brain for not participation in the "racist thread" created and discussed by the above. Give me a break.

Honestly this is pretty much it. The older we get the less we're able to accept change.

In another generation or two this stuff will be commonplace. It's not 1955 anymore. Things are perfectly black and white and they don't always fit nicely into a box. I took a couple classes in this stuff and for me it was just an interesting side thought. I know that the people presenting this stuff had good intentions.

I think it's good when we try to put the 'me man, you woman.'

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

This is how ridiculous some are. I posted a video then followed up with how bad it was from the cops, and we have folk here who instead of rather having to agree with someone they maybe don't like will go through hoops to save face.

Now they are talking about genders and whatnot. Whataboutism at its finest.

?

Someone brought this up. If I don't respond it's usually because I've already answered a while back and I have nothing g new to add or its turned into a pudding contest. I have no idea what is whataboutism this is, it's a thread with a wide breadth of topics.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Nah dude we have it wrong. These middle aged, straight white men know what's offensive to Black people, what's offensive to Gay or trans people.

Oh forgive those of us with a brain for not participation in the "racist thread" created and discussed by the above. Give me a break.

Honestly this is pretty much it. The older we get the less we're able to accept change.

In another generation or two this stuff will be commonplace. It's not 1955 anymore. Things are perfectly black and white and they don't always fit nicely into a box. I took a couple classes in this stuff and for me it was just an interesting side thought. I know that the people presenting this stuff had good intentions.

I think it's good when we try to put the 'me man, you woman.'

These are all straw man arguments you're having with yourselves.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Strawmen? Did you bump, your head? You guys went from the video to George Floyd to gender. None of which I mentioned, but you all felt the need to respond to me with.
Strawman? Gtfo with your strawman.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't have an issue with calling a trans person the gender they want, but they are trans. That's where the issue comes in, you're not allowed to acknowledge that they're not biological women, and that there's no such thing as gender.

And this isn't right wing republicans, it's gays, feminists and even trans people who object to this. It's a progressive power trip to force their views on everyone, and if you disagree you're a bigot and need to be cancled. Even JK Rowling who objected to the term "people who menstruate" instead of just saying women was attacked. That's why people despise SJW and why it's a negative. It's about irrational people with massive emotional problems who are on a Christian Rightwing size power trip to destroy anything that challenges them.

Rowling was criticised because of her overall history on this issue up to that point, she's someone who claims she is a big ally of trans people but then endorses explicitly transphobic merch online.

Also, many in this thread only seem to talk about trans people as if they are people who were born as a biological male who later identified as a woman. It happens the other way around too. Id, there's nothing wrong with acknowledging someone's born biological sex. Someone who was formerly a man or woman and now identifies the other way around, their sex is still whatever they were born as. That definition is inherently important for two obvious areas: medicine and sport. (And there's probably others where it's relevant). Their gender is just how the identify and choose to present.

Flagg, if that word is insulting but not homophobic, ask yourself why is it considered insulting in the first place. It's a word that either means bundle of sticks, meatball or is  an offensive slur for gay man.

It's homophobic in the exact same way as using the word gay in place of "lame" when describing something by saying "that's so gay".

JK is a feminist who believes that biological women have a life experience and health issues trans people dont, and vice versa. I don't know why it's difficult to point out the ugliness of these groups/movement. She's said nothing wrong, other than saying something some people don't want to hear, said allowed or agreed with. That's life. It's not okay for biological men to participate in women's sports, for example, simply because they identity as female.

misterID

misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Strawmen? Did you bump, your head? You guys went from the video to George Floyd to gender. None of which I mentioned, but you all felt the need to respond to me with.
Strawman? Gtfo with your strawman.

I was never involved in your video argument, your George Floyd argument, or time zone argument, and yeah, you're making up things I'm saying to fit whatever narrative you're putting across.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

"You guys"

Did you miss that?

You saying we are using strawmen is ignoring who actually is as I pointed out.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't have an issue with calling a trans person the gender they want, but they are trans. That's where the issue comes in, you're not allowed to acknowledge that they're not biological women, and that there's no such thing as gender.

And this isn't right wing republicans, it's gays, feminists and even trans people who object to this. It's a progressive power trip to force their views on everyone, and if you disagree you're a bigot and need to be cancled. Even JK Rowling who objected to the term "people who menstruate" instead of just saying women was attacked. That's why people despise SJW and why it's a negative. It's about irrational people with massive emotional problems who are on a Christian Rightwing size power trip to destroy anything that challenges them.

Rowling was criticised because of her overall history on this issue up to that point, she's someone who claims she is a big ally of trans people but then endorses explicitly transphobic merch online.

Also, many in this thread only seem to talk about trans people as if they are people who were born as a biological male who later identified as a woman. It happens the other way around too. Id, there's nothing wrong with acknowledging someone's born biological sex. Someone who was formerly a man or woman and now identifies the other way around, their sex is still whatever they were born as. That definition is inherently important for two obvious areas: medicine and sport. (And there's probably others where it's relevant). Their gender is just how the identify and choose to present.

Flagg, if that word is insulting but not homophobic, ask yourself why is it considered insulting in the first place. It's a word that either means bundle of sticks, meatball or is  an offensive slur for gay man.

It's homophobic in the exact same way as using the word gay in place of "lame" when describing something by saying "that's so gay".

JK is a feminist who believes that biological women have a life experience and health issues trans people dont, and vice versa. I don't know why it's difficult to point out the ugliness of these groups/movement. She's said nothing wrong, other than saying something some people don't want to hear, said allowed or agreed with. That's life. It's not okay for biological men to participate in women's sports, for example, simply because they identity as female.

Can we have a discussion about this that doesn't involved sports? Seems impossible...I honestly don't care enough to make a stand about sports.

misterID

misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

"You guys"

Did you miss that?

You saying we are using strawmen is ignoring who actually is as I pointed out.

You said, "These middle aged, straight white men know what's offensive to Black people, what's offensive to Gay or trans people."

And Mitch made his typical insightful generalization opinion. If you weren't talking about me, then I apologize.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

It was directed at noone in particular. Y'all need to chill the fuck out whenever someone has an opinion that doesn't go with your own.

Board footer