You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nonsense, they'll be held accountable for crimes, not semantics. Democrats had the opportunity to nip this in the bud for 4 years, to pass a decorum rule that held everyone accountable... The didn't. They had no problem with republicans being harrassed, attacked, and nearly murdered. When one Republican was threatened with rape and murder for her supreme court vote, Swalwell, a manager impeachment tweeted, "boo hoo." They had the opportunity to hold their own members accountable for doing EXACTLY what Trump did. They didn't. End.

Really? This seems like false equivalence. It's like saying Murder is equal to jay walking.

Can you point to the last insurrection by Dems?

I hope you don't complain when there is one.

It's not a false equivalency, I said they had their opportunity for four years to address this. When leftist rioters stormed the white house all I heard were people making fun of Trump for hiding in a bunker.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nonsense, they'll be held accountable for crimes, not semantics. Democrats had the opportunity to nip this in the bud for 4 years, to pass a decorum rule that held everyone accountable... The didn't. They had no problem with republicans being harrassed, attacked, and nearly murdered. When one Republican was threatened with rape and murder for her supreme court vote, Swalwell, a manager impeachment tweeted, "boo hoo." They had the opportunity to hold their own members accountable for doing EXACTLY what Trump did. They didn't. End.

Really? This seems like false equivalence. It's like saying Murder is equal to jay walking.

It's not a false equivalency, I said they had their opportunity for four years to address this. When leftist rioters stormed the white house all I heard were people making fun of Trump for hiding in a bunker.

He had many chances to govern and take care of the American people. He took a side and made it political.

Reminds me of when Herbert Hoover thought that the best thing to do was nothing at the beginning of the depression.

The message was always clear...poor people are the problem and fuck em.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

He had many chances to govern and take care of the American people. He took a side and made it political.

Reminds me of when Herbert Hoover thought that the best thing to do was nothing at the beginning of the depression.

I'm not saying he was a good President. Not saying he deserves reelection. This is still a ridiculous trial, and democrats are equally at fault for stirring this vitriol for four years.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not saying he was a good President. Not saying he deserves reelection. This is still a ridiculous trial, and democrats are equally at fault for stirring this vitriol for four years.

Ok...i just hope you stay consistent when the retaliation occurs

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The Times article I posted says that in a Trump was right and there was a secret alliance to make sure he didn’t win basically. They called it a Cabal and said it was just democracy that randomly happened and that they made it happen by changing rules and pushing the mail in vote. It was their victory lap and they wanted recognition.

This impeachment is such a fvcking joke.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The Times article I posted says that in a Trump was right and there was a secret alliance to make sure he didn’t win basically. They called it a Cabal and said it was just democracy that randomly happened and that they made it happen by changing rules and pushing the mail in vote. It was their victory lap and they wanted recognition.

This impeachment is such a fvcking joke.

Listen...it’s your choice to worship that miserable failure of a human being.

But coalitions and cooperation between groups of people is how you win elections. You have to get over these conspiracy theories.

The real shame is that a deeply unpopular president had a shot at winning because republicans rely on depriving and restricting  people of voting to win.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

How do people watch this shit. I barely made it through some YouTube highlights. The whole thing is a farce and both sides know it.

Nothing is going to happen to Trump. Wrap it up and start focusing on other issues.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This *was* retaliation. You're the one who needs to stay consistent if it happens again.

All rioters are morons who just want destruction... And new shoes and tvs if they can get them.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This *was* retaliation. You're the one who needs to stay consistent if it happens again.

All rioters are morons who just want destruction... And new shoes and tvs if they can get them.

Did Biden stand up in front of a group of people after holding a rally and then did those same people break into the capital building? Did Biden or any other Dem candidate intentionally spread lies about election results? Did anyone other than Trump call the Georgia AG and Secretary of State to ask them to overturn the results in that state?

The only reason Trump won’t be convicted is because there’s no other Republican that can get the vote out like him. That’s it.

I disagree that it was retaliation for anything other than trying to overturn an election that those people disagreed with the result.

That would be like saying ‘i know someone who stole a TV, therefore, i respond by stealing someone else’s car’ bc i needed to retaliate.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Well, you're wrong. Democrats and others, including you, spread lies and disinformation and conspiracy theories about Russia helping Trump become president, trying to delegitimize the election results, and as the investigation showed, that was all untrue. Democrats encouraged harassment of republicans, voiced support of riots to the point of springing bail for them, even those who chanted for the end of the United States and attempted insurrection by storming capitals, federal buildings, the supreme court and the white house, not to mention demonized cops, mocked republicans who were victims of harassment and assault, etc., etc.

Democrats and the media have refused to hold themselves to the same standard they're holding Trump to. They've done nothing to say they won't continue to stir harassment. And I don't buy the "devil made me do it" defense. I can't even remember how many times you excused your own bad behavior on the president.

Board footer