You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

I hate how the media censors stuff like this. They haven't even mentioned it yet. Gotta look through social media to get a trickle of info.

Troops going to both borders, Russian activity in the Black Sea and we have ships in the area as well.

Apparently they're opening bomb shelters in Ukraine but I don't know how rare that is. They may do it periodically since the conflict with Russia.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The reaction to the shooting in Atlanta is something else. Asian and Jewish hate crimes have spiked, but you wouldn't know it because the culprits have been mostly from the black community. Progressives have relentlessly gone after Asians for being white supremacists, while trying to prevent them from gaining entry to universities because their work ethic is considered "racist." The moment the shooter turned out to be a white guy they jumped on it to exploit the killings to push their woke politics. Asians weren't the only victims, and it appears that he didn't target them because they were Asians, but sex workers.

The media is shameless.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Everything you just posted comes straight from the progressive mediasphere and not reality. Just wow... And I didn't know 2004 was over thirty years ago.

BTW, the Senate doesn't represent the people, that's congress.

I don’t watch any news. I don’t know where I’d get that mediasphere. I strongly advocate you not watch any either.

Also if you read what i wrote....i said they’ve won it once in 30 years.

Is it false that republicans are introducing a slew of voting restrictions across the country?

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Everything you just posted comes straight from the progressive mediasphere and not reality. Just wow... And I didn't know 2004 was over thirty years ago.

BTW, the Senate doesn't represent the people, that's congress.

I don’t watch any news. I don’t know where I’d get that mediasphere. I strongly advocate you not watch any either.

Also if you read what i wrote....i said they’ve won it once in 30 years.

Is it false that republicans are introducing a slew of voting restrictions across the country?

Most of everything you've ever linked here all came from progressive sites/people. So it really doesn't make sense that you don't read/watch the news but you come here and post about the news.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anyone who has issues with the news of today should get their news from several angles... it's the only way to get anything resembling real news nowadays.

I can't imagine getting all my news from a so called progressive slant. You'd drown in a sea of faux outrage and Donald Trump.

Yeah the Asian hate crimes are bad here in Cali and you're right....the media doesn't like it because a lot of black people are doing the hating. That's a no-no when it comes to the agenda so they don't know how to deal with it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://apple.news/AUkXJ0H60SqqOiu0wcuhsGA

Reparations passed in the first US city. I don’t care if they citizens of the town are cool with it. Starting out with 400k given out in $25,000 increments to descendants of slaves. To be used for housing. More money will come from a cannabis tax.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I didn’t even know we had an Asian hate crime issue until last week.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Asian and Jewish hate crimes have been on the rise.

In principle, I do agree with some form of reparations, I just don't know how you can realistically do it. Do we perform genealogy and DNA tests? How do you prove you're a descendant of a slave?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Asian and Jewish hate crimes have been on the rise.

In principle, I do agree with some form of reparations, I just don't know how you can realistically do it. Do we perform genealogy and DNA tests? How do you prove you're a descendant of a slave?

Yeah, Bill Maher tried to have a conversation about it and it was a shit show.

https://youtu.be/pKZENkKesGc

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am “white” guess but my family didn’t even immigrate here until the 1900’s. So who actually funds the program and apologizes for people from the 1400’s to 1865?

Board footer