You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I didn’t even know we had an Asian hate crime issue until last week.

Why does this not surprise me?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Asian and Jewish hate crimes have been on the rise.

In principle, I do agree with some form of reparations, I just don't know how you can realistically do it. Do we perform genealogy and DNA tests? How do you prove you're a descendant of a slave?

Yeah, Bill Maher tried to have a conversation about it and it was a shit show.

https://youtu.be/pKZENkKesGc

That clip actually shows a big problem the left have in my view. Bill and the other guy are not saying morally the idea of literal reparation payouts to descendants is bad in principle. They're just pointing out it's a minefield to navigate practically - both in terms of the mechanics of how it would be implemented and in getting it through congress even if you could figure out a good way to do it. Their proposals for targetted reparations that actually have a chance of being implemented and working are viewed as not good enough.

The left keep wanting to play a game that isn't actually being played. The rules of the game suck, but they are what they are. So instead play with the hand you're dealt in the game that's actually being played and you can achieve a lot.

Same here in the UK. At one of our recent elections the left party, Labour, started talking about nationwide salary caps of 300,000 pounds. Now regardless of the merits of the proposal it doesn't take a genius to see that's going to be 1) a tough sell to the electorate and 2) really hard to pass and implement. Aim for that shit if you want to once you've gotten into power and passed some more achievable shit first. Don't run before you walk.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I didn’t even know we had an Asian hate crime issue until last week.

Why does this not surprise me?

The crime on Asians is coming disproportionately from African Americans. Sad situation all the way around

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

The moment the shooter turned out to be a white guy they jumped on it to exploit the killings to push their woke politics. Asians weren't the only victims, and it appears that he didn't target them because they were Asians, but sex workers.

The media is shameless.

They just jumped the shark with this.

The shooting at the grocery store in CO that killed 10 people. Reddit was already salivating about it being a Trumper and having their conniption fits about white supremacy, privilege, etc.

It just came out that he was a Trump hating Syrian refugee and now if you mention his name on any of those subs, they delete and ban.

Nobody cares about victims anymore. They only care about their specific agenda and the dopamine fix from social media.

Clown world.

We're beyond saving.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yup, they did it twice. For the first time, some journalists have had to apologize. This isn't going to stop, though.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-bi … k-n1261865

Haha, what a fvcking joke. Joe Xiden caved and now he has tapped Kamala to fix the border. Does that qualify it as a crisis now??

misterID

misterID wrote:

Washington Post:

"In rapidly gentrifying Austin newly arrived white residents have been calling the cops on Black and Latino car clubs that have gathered in local parks for decades, labeling them a “toxic display of masculinity.”"

It's happening. It's really happening.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Washington Post:

"In rapidly gentrifying Austin newly arrived white residents have been calling the cops on Black and Latino car clubs that have gathered in local parks for decades, labeling them a “toxic display of masculinity.”"

It's happening. It's really happening.

I hate the media but i quote the media

misterID

misterID wrote:

As big points out, it's not all media, and they're not immune from criticisms. I try to point out both, and I never said I didn't read/watch the news wink

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … hecks.html

I watched the presser today. What a joke. Prepared answers to questions he knew was coming. Lol

Board footer