You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I think if i had to sum it down to one sentence ...they’re solidifying the next generation of their consumers.

Or maybe i am just over thinking it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

What? Is this about focusing on women or talking about things you're not interested in? The libraries of these companies are far more profitable than the current product. That's the point.

I agree here.  Both WWE and ESPN are shit now but people pay (technically companies) for what the brand name was.  Not really sure how this connects to Trump or the California recall though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I do think it's funny AEW's B show beat the NBA in the ratings. I don't know if that's really good for AEW or really bad for the NBA.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Btw, Newsom will be recalled, and if he doesn't get 50% of the runoff he's out as governor.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Mitch you're all over the place. Let's back to the initial point without Trumping it up.

I’d like like to talk about the prospect of social engineering for the moment.

This is no longer in the category of conspiracy. They're really doing it....and it's been going on since the Obama era kicked off.

Not blaming him. The start of his presidency coincided with the smartphone era kicking in to high gear.

I suppose they've always been doing it to an extent.  TV was an amazing tool for propaganda. However, smartphones and social media combined are an insidious combination.

They can now easily control us. Whether it's cherry picking specific news to trend or pushing a certain agenda. If not enough people are pushing it, bots or shills are unleashed on us. 

They corral us into separate echo chambers and pit both sides against one another.

Notice that no matter what the topic, there's two sides to it. Even if it's a basic fact, there must be chaos.

It's everywhere but where this cancer was first spread is on college campuses. This is where patient zero of the faux outrage/SJW madness can be found.

Once this insidious shit worked there, it was time to spread it.

Feminism was turned into a men's rights movement with trans as its Trojan horse. After a few years of bombardment, they started cheering on the erosion of their own spaces and rights. Now....women can't even have their own group without including men without risking expulsion.

Feminism as it was once known is dead. It has been set back decades. They can't even have online groups anymore. They are banned across various platforms for not catering to trans/men.  Now they're in the process of ruining women's sports.

Now on to gay rights....

It's in the process of being destroyed just like feminism. It's not even the right that is killing it... which was always the fear.

It's no longer gay rights.... it's trans rights. Gay pride has been hijacked by trans. Lesbians can no longer be proud. They are now shamed if they won't fuck/suck a dick. Children are now becoming a big part of gay pride.

A lot of gay people were getting sick of this..
LGB ...drop the T was gaining traction until it had to be destroyed.

Faux outrage and cancel culture is destroying our culture.  Old TV shows and movies getting shit on. Some of them will require an intro added explaining to the dipshits why it's wrong. Certain books are unacceptable.  If you happen to say something now or 10-20 years ago that sets off their outrage radar, there goes their career down the tubes.

TPTB always hated conspiracy theorists. Look what they did to those communities....got most of them to fall into the Q rabbit hole and worship Donald Trump and believe we're being controlled by satanic, baby eating reptilians in the "deep state".

Those communities will never recover from it.

Look what they're doing with politics and race. Fan the flames 24/7.

NONE of this is natural. It's all due to social engineering. Social media allowed it which is why none of this nonsense was possible in previous decades. It never could have gained traction in a normal society.

We're entering a dystopic, hellhole Idiocracy.... just in time for runaway climate change.

God help us all.

Edit

Read about the Sentient World Simulation. I guarantee they run this shit through it before it goes 'live' in the real world.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I think I’m in favor of accelerating the process of creating an inclusive society especially economically. Even if we can’t predict all of the initial ramifications.

That's the danger though.

The problem we are in I think is that the current system has some serious inequalities and flaws, but yet, it's also the most successful system we have ever had, in that the cultural and technological developments our society has overseen have increased the lifespan and the standard of living of everyone, including the poor and disaffected, quite dramatically.

Meanwhile a lot of the alternatives to the western systems that have been tested out have been pretty disastrous - far right policies in germany, far left in russia - lets just say they didn't go well.

So I think the problem is - while we all agree there's things that suck about the status quo - it's very hard to figure out the best way to improve on it without some really dangerous risks.

I agree with what I think was your point that we're seeing various organisations tailoring content (or some would say pandering lol) to the female component of their audience. I think some do it politically cos it fits their feminist world view, I think others are just cashing in on a trend in society at the moment, and I think some are just trying to expend their marketshare. If you can get women into traditionally male hobbies or men into traditionally female hobbies enmasse you could theoretically double your audience - I think that plays a factor.

I'm not sure if it's the end times or not. TBH it often seems to feel like it these days - but then history would suggest it's most likely not. I do think we're at the end of a turning point in our culture though. Imagine flipping through a history book written hundreds of years from now about all the different eras. I suspect that people of our approximate age might be living such that our youths are featured in one chapter of the book, and the second half of our lives in an entirely new chapter with a new heading. It sure seems like that - even in relation to just before and after the net - or before and after 911 in terms of world affairs, or before and after ther pandemic, or maybe a much wider distinction yet to revel itself.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Faux outrage and cancel culture is destroying our culture.  Old TV shows and movies getting shit on. Some of them will require an intro added explaining to the dipshits why it's wrong. Certain books are unacceptable.  If you happen to say something now or 10-20 years ago that sets off their outrage radar, there goes their career down the tubes.

It's like people are just complaining and not taking context into this at all.  I browsed through some list of some worst Oscar winner lists from some Millenial and it was utter garbage.  Nothing about the films itself, most of them were the poor racial portrayal, or the gay character wasn't accurately portrayed.  It had nothing to do with the movies themselves. I mean did this author ever think that the movie business/Hollywood wasn't as inclusive as it is now.  I mean, they didn't intentionally do this.  So to shit on some film just because of some inaccuracy is dumb to me. 

Same thing with people complaining about Christmas.  Just let it be and quit complaining about it.  People are happy to give and receive gifts all those other complaints annoy me.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm celebrating Trump's loss again

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

All I know is there is no more respect for others anymore. We don’t have many gentlemen and ladies serving anymore or being leaders. People destroy shit until they get what they want. They behave like little children. This current culture in the US is not sustainable.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

It's like people are just complaining and not taking context into this at all.  I browsed through some list of some worst Oscar winner lists from some Millenial and it was utter garbage.  Nothing about the films itself, most of them were the poor racial portrayal, or the gay character wasn't accurately portrayed.  It had nothing to do with the movies themselves. I mean did this author ever think that the movie business/Hollywood wasn't as inclusive as it is now.  I mean, they didn't intentionally do this.  So to shit on some film just because of some inaccuracy is dumb to me. 

Same thing with people complaining about Christmas.  Just let it be and quit complaining about it.  People are happy to give and receive gifts all those other complaints annoy me.

You hit on one of the main reasons this nonsense drives me crazy.....

There's zero substance behind it. 

It's like they're brain dead zombies whining about something just for the sake of whining...and many of them don't even understand the motivation behind their whining.

The cherry on top of this shit sundae is the fact this nonsense is mainstream.

Hell....even Aunt Jemima was cancelled.

Aunt Jemima!!

If future generations exist, they're going to be flabbergasted by this period in our history.  I'm sure they'll recognize it as social engineering but they'll wonder how we fell for it so easily.

I wish more people would wake up and realize how insidious this really is.

There's a couple things that might repair some of the damage done although we're probably too far gone.

Reform the news outlets. We went over this a bit a few days ago.

Demonetize social media. This instantly removes a hefty amount of garbage. No more "influencers" with zero talent making tons of money and the incentive to create new ones is gone. It would change the dynamic of social media.

Remove the 'like/dislike', 'up/down vote' feature on social media platforms. This is largely responsible for creating the addiction to social media.

Allow things to trend naturally. They don't. If something they don't like starts trending, it's either removed completely or simply buried. They use this to push specific agendas.

Board footer