You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:

Mitch...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Mitch...

Haha...I'll take that as a compliment.

I agree with Lisa though...we are very distracted by shit that mostly just doesn't matter.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Merica has no flaws...must always praise everything and whitewash our history to make me feel better about myself.

No, quite the contrary, despite our flaws we're still a country people would risk everything to come to, while spoiled, hateful, resentful, irrational children throw fits and have breakdowns when the smallest of praises is given to the country they reap so much from.

I think you love the country enough for everyone here ID...despite all the apathy you show to our growing list of issues.

If you have to make things up, just stay quiet. Anyone who reads this board knows what a complete lie this is. And that has to be the weakest "insult" I've ever received.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, quite the contrary, despite our flaws we're still a country people would risk everything to come to, while spoiled, hateful, resentful, irrational children throw fits and have breakdowns when the smallest of praises is given to the country they reap so much from.

I think you love the country enough for everyone here ID...despite all the apathy you show to our growing list of issues.

If you have to make things up, just stay quiet. Anyone who reads this board knows what a complete lie this is. And that has to be the weakest "insult" I've ever received.

You interpreted as an insult.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
James wrote:

I wanted to post something but doesn't really need its own thread....

Remember that obscure actress I used to rave about on the old site, Rona De Ricci?

Found out last night that she killed herself last year.

It really threw me for a loop. Took me a few hours to get to sleep.

Out of the blue, she wrote her memoirs last year right before she killed herself. I bought it. Since watching The Pit and the Pendulum on HBO when I was 16, always wondered what happened to her. This book tells you.... apparently she was up for the female role in Steven Seagal's Under Siege, he wanted to fuck her, she refused, didn't get the role, was essentially blacklisted, and she became so jaded she walked away from the industry and spent her life in a shitty, dysfunctional marriage, dealt with severe depression (obviously), and her kids even turned on her.

She posted her suicide note on Instagram. Only had 37 followers.

The fact no news outlets picked up on this story really shows how obscure she really is.

I'm no longer putting off reading it.

She was only in two films.

The Pit and the Pendulum

The Penitent...an obscure 1988 film out of print and no trailer on YouTube. I saw it back in 97. Not very good but she was great in her small role.

RIP Rona

You obviously had talent and it's unfortunate how what should've been an exciting time when your career was just starting to blossom had to be ruined like that.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OQmEa5OKyOI/S … icci04.jpg

I finished this book last night.

This is the most disturbing and depressing book I have ever read...and I've read some fucked up shit.

I cried while reading the last couple chapters...she just flat out says she's going to kill herself...and was speechless afterwards.

It's not a normal biography. There is no drugs...no sex...no scandal...no crazy adventures....

The reader gets to witness the isolation and desperation as a woman goes through the dysfunctional breakdown of her family which leads to the imminent destruction of her own life.

It's not easy to describe. As I was reading it I felt like I was invading her privacy. This isn't meant for public consumption. While not written like a diary, it sure as shit feels like one.

I'm not gonna lie.... it's boring in many places. She doesn't attempt to dress it up.... it's warts and all.

This is what helps make it so uncomfortable...this could be any woman dealing with this. Anything resembling a glamorous actress was gone decades ago.

I feel really sorry for her. You can tell she was a great person who sacrificed her life on the altar of her (ex)husband and then her children...who thank her for that sacrifice by shitting on her and then literally abandoning her.

I started crying when she came to the realization that she had wasted her life and was now too old to make anything of herself. Since the only thing she loved(her sons) now hated her, it was time to end it all.

This book clearly wasn't written for me or any other fan from long ago. It's not written for other women to learn from her mistakes neither.

I think it was written for two reasons....

- To rub her ex husband and sons noses in shit....

- I think she believed that thanks to her brief fame 30 years ago, her suicide would cause her story and this book to go viral...and her sons could make some money from it.

It's just an awful story all around. I never would have imagined this would be her fate.

Edit

Another thing....

As I was reading the last half of her life, I was shocked that a massive drug addiction or deep dive into a bottomless bottle wasn't her next step.

The progression of her story begs for such a detour but it never comes.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Ah man, I loved that movie. It wasn't too long ago I actually looked her up, because I remember her nude scene (I mean, wow) and wondered whatever happened to her. She was really beautiful. And she was really, really good in it. That just sucks.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Ah man, I loved that movie. It wasn't too long ago I actually looked her up, because I remember her nude scene (I mean, wow) and wondered whatever happened to her. She was really beautiful. And she was really, really good in it. That just sucks.

It's one of my all time favorite movies. I used to watch it a lot in my youth.

A mere quirk of fate led to her getting it. Sherilyn Fenn dropped out at the last second, they needed someone quick, and out of all the obscure actresses in LA, she gets the call.

IMDB has finally acknowledged her death. For the first time in 25 years, her filmography has been updated to include everything.

A foreign film called Rage and Glory from 1984...which I now have to track down.

The Penitent

The Pit and the Pendulum

And the biggest surprise of all when I saw it listed...I had to go watch it....

She's in the Fleetwood Mac video As Long As You Follow! She's only in a couple scenes as the other woman but yeah... that's her.

In her book she mentioned being in some music videos. I was wondering what the hell they could be...check.IMDB...and that one is listed.

She also mentioned being in some student films but of course we'll never get to see those.

My main complaint about the book...her modeling and acting career..and her youth in general...is glossed over and its only covered in 20 pages.

She had to know most of the people who would ever bother reading this would want more details.

And why does the book only have two black and white photos?  It should be loaded with pictures from her youth.

It reinforces my opinion about this book not being truly meant for the public... it's aimed towards the people in her life. They don't give a damn about seeing such stuff.

To quote her son....

Nobody cares!!!

She also has this weird thing about privacy. She doesn't use the real names of people in her life...and she doesn't even name the titles of movies she worked on.

Damn Steven Seagal to hell for ruining her career. She quickly married her husband in the aftermath of this. That one thing caused a chain reaction.

She also made her own mistakes. She was offered Playboy but instantly turned it down.

Unknown actresses cannot pass up opportunities like that. They don't come along again. I know she had an issue with nudity...she hated doing those scenes in Pendulum. However...when Playboy is offered...you bite the bullet and take the pictures. Then millions of teen boys and men instantly know who you are.

She has small tits...she was lucky Playboy even called. It really shows how beautiful she was for them to look past it.

Can't turn down Steven Seagal AND Playboy in 1990-91 and expect opportunities to keep rolling in. In a way, maybe it was smart to walk away after those decisions.

Unfortunately for her, walking down the aisle with your boyfriend at the time wasn't the answer neither.

She has this thing against male privilege, misogyny, etc. yet both major decisions in her life revolved around men.

One more thing.....

I said this on the old site and said it off and on over the 20 years IMDB had forums....

How in the fuck does not one single producer, director, or a major actor like Tom Cruise not watch that movie and go....

Holy shit! She's the one! We gotta have her for this role!! Make the call!!

Yeah there was no one to call...but big shots can track down anyone.

A perfect role for her?

Emanuelle Beart's role in the first Mission Impossible.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Bill Cosby was released from prison. Not only did they throw out his case, they ruled he can't be tried for that crime again. The prosecution apparently made a deal with him that if he went forward with a civil case and testified they wouldn't press criminal charges, basically because the case against him wasn't really strong. On top of that, they say allowing witnesses to testify who weren't directly tied to the case prejudiced the jury against him.

Really weird on the second part, but the first part is totally believable with how corrupt the justice system is.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bill Cosby was released from prison. Not only did they throw out his case, they ruled he can't be tried for that crime again. The prosecution apparently made a deal with him that if he went forward with a civil case and testified they wouldn't press criminal charges, basically because the case against him was really strong. On top of that, they say allowing witnesses to testify who weren't directly tied to the case prejudiced the jury against him.

Really weird on the second part, but the first part is totally believable with how corrupt the justice system is.

What a joke...what a fuckin' joke....guy spends what...3 years in prison and then all this shit comes out?

maybe it all really was about taking Bill Cosby out.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bill Cosby was released from prison. Not only did they throw out his case, they ruled he can't be tried for that crime again. The prosecution apparently made a deal with him that if he went forward with a civil case and testified they wouldn't press criminal charges, basically because the case against him was really strong. On top of that, they say allowing witnesses to testify who weren't directly tied to the case prejudiced the jury against him.

I say this on a regular basis but I'll say it again...

The US is in a state of collapse and in the meantime...we get to have a dystopian existence.

They don't even bother pretending to hide the fact that our elite get away with anything...and in the off chance one of them goes to jail... just hold your horses....they'll get you out of there.

They did the same thing with Epstein 10-15 years ago. Fucker was supposed to rot in prison but they gave him the deal of the century....and then he continued to party with our elite and no one cared.

This will blow over quickly. They'll let it spin through the outrage cycle a bit and then it will be gone from the headlines.

Board footer