You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:

They both in the US and UK have fucked this up constantly. Too late to bring in restrictions when they fuck up and too eager and rushed in lifting those restrictions. Worst of both worlds shit with this approach. And with each one they erode public trust, because they have a confused public health message.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They're releasing covid positive illegal immigrants into states who are begging them to stop. Their whole sell job was "Get your shots so you don't have to wear a mask." Now, "guess what guys, you have to wear masks again... and you might need another shot."

The evidence is pretty clear the vaccines protect you from the variants, and even if you get it it's mild. It's very, very, very rare someone who's vaccinated gets hospitalized. Everyone has had the opportunity to get the shots, if you refuse to do it, what can we do? You can't stop the world (essentially what they're doing) because people won't get the shots.

I honestly don't have an issue wearing a mask, but it seems too many politicians like the power that comes with a pandemic. This could easily turn into Bush's terror alert.

If they demand I get a third shot they're paying me to do it. They're offering people money to get vaccinated now. It's not fair.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not getting another shot. The only reason they'll do it is to make a few more billion. They clearly don't give a fuck about us so money/stocks is the only reason they'll push it.

Ok...iIf they do like a 5-10k stimulus but you gotta have the shot, like you I'll go ahead and do it.

I also think our politicians and corporations have loved this pandemic. They've only gotten richer and more powerful....what's not to love?

Yeah I still wear a mask and don't have an issue with it. Sometimes I have trouble breathing when shopping but I can deal with it.

It's everything else I'm done with.

I'm also really sick of how if you don't worship the vaccine, wrap your identity around it, and lick the boots of our corporate overlords, you're called "anti-science".  Dipshits go around saying, "I believe in science!"

I remember a few months ago this was really being pushed on social media and now it's spread everywhere.

It's social engineering.

This shit just makes me want to scream....but that's also by design.

They want us all riled up.

James

James wrote:

c4slkli7dje71.png?auto=webp&s=f1d34ed3e80c3b37dd60d3a31d968a7c22c3661e

James

James wrote:

I may have to enter one of my periods where I don't check any news. It's raising my blood pressure.

There's a mask mandate in DC. Pelosi has already been spotted without a mask...and the DC mayor...one of the huge mask advocates and big believer in science....just officiated a wedding without a mask and the hundreds of guests weren't wearing masks neither.

These people don't believe any of the shit they preach.

They aren't plebs...so they don't have to follow the rules.

Yet you can turn on CNN this second and they're complaining about red team politicians not wearing masks.

Clown world....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:

I may have to enter one of my periods where I don't check any news. It's raising my blood pressure.

9 months tomorrow for me. Can’t recommend it enough. Television network news has become nothing but outrage generators. Both sides telling you how bad it is and why you should be angry. An information service that profits off how angry it makes you isn’t healthy for any nation.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

9 months tomorrow for me. Can’t recommend it enough. Television network news has become nothing but outrage generators. Both sides telling you how bad it is and why you should be angry. An information service that profits off how angry it makes you isn’t healthy for any nation.

You’ll be sure to cite the law sources in a long winded bullshit argument shortly won’t you?

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

You’ll be sure to cite the law sources in a long winded bullshit argument shortly won’t you?

Dude, politically you and I reasonably align. It is obvious that I am far far away from Flagg on a lot of shit. So in your long arguments I often agree with where you're coming from.

But why you got to jump in on him like that with these potshots and stir the pot like this? It's petty as fuck. Grow up and stop trying to derail these threads with your bullshit.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

On topic: Booster shots have been discussed from way way way back... but again a smart country would realise that there is already vaccine hesitancy in their population and work on a public health campaign that calls out the eventual need for them at the front end.

Mixed messaging on this pandemic has killed any hope they had of getting this right. Even the mask shit, talking about it being a safety measure for the wearer and comparing it to a seatbelt. It's not, it's about protecting other people from yourself in case you are transmissible by pre-symptomatic. A simple message that got completely fucked up.

I despair.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Axl S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Dude, politically you and I reasonably align. It is obvious that I am far far away from Flagg on a lot of shit. So in your long arguments I often agree with where you're coming from.

But why you got to jump in on him like that with these potshots and stir the pot like this? It's petty as fuck. Grow up and stop trying to derail these threads with your bullshit.

Where were you a page or two ago when he shit all over me?

Board footer