You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Did you not even read your own link?

When you made Bill synonymous with progressive fantasy you completely lost me.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Did you not even read your own link?

Dude, he reads headlines and nothing more. This is example 1001. He saw a headline about Bill Maher shit talking on Trump, recognized SG often posts clips from Maher’s show, and thought he could get a dig in. The true irony is the same episode Mitch is citing, the clip and episode he never watched, Maher said Democrats are tanking and going to lose in 2022 cause of the woke/progressive (Mitch) crowd. You can’t make this kind of unawareness up.

I believe Democrats are tanking…they’re not getting shit done.

But you still voted for Trump. And you’re shrugging at all sorts of shit all the time.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This global corporate tax rate set to 15% seems like a good idea to me. I know at one company I worked at we had a 1 man office in Belgium to use that as a tax haven for all Europe based operations and sales. This will also make it very hard on Democrats to try to raise the US rate to 27% when every other 1st world nation keeps it around 15%.

I really wish Warren would try to pass a clean wealth tax amendment, I’d certainly be in favor of it. But clean bills without pork isn’t something our legislature seems capable of.

I would like to see low tax rates and more consumption taxes like a junk food tax, a luxury tax (like GHW Bush had) and an internet sales tax for big companies like Amazon.

My problem with vice taxes is it's often unfair in how it's applied, and it just so happens to disproportionately impact the lowest earners in society.  Trump may love McDonalds and eat it a few times a week, but most billionaires never touch the stuff.  I thought the courts reversed the internet sales tax thing a few years ago, and you no longer avoid taxes buying from Amazon? 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/21/heres-w … r-you.html

I used to really advocate for usage fees in my libertarian era, but when 50% of the country pays no federal tax, the wealthy avoid paying their taxes like the plague, and automation is quickly going to displace millions of low skilled workers, I no longer think that is a viable solution.  For me a wealth tax is the only real way forward.

Democrats desire to remove the SALT deduction is unlikely as progressives point out removing it only keeps the rich from paying more in federal taxes.  Most people are never near the cap, and the poorest aren't paying into it anyway.  Our entire tax code needs to be automated and done automatically at the federal level to stop all the deductions and loopholes, but there's no way in hell this congress or any foreseeable future one can make that happen.  Another great example of how the US lags compared to other 1st world nations.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's inevitable, but the first politician who takes up a tax & regulate AI/Robotics/Automation platform, they win. Bill Gates has already said as much, it needs to happen.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What bothers me on a basic level is the whole inheritance tax. All that money has been taxed already. If I want to leave it to my family, isn’t that my business? I get the generational wealth aspect but something seems wrong about it. Also the move to tax current value of your home and do away with step up basis for people that inherit it.

I used to be anti automation. But the way our lazy ass work force is refusing to work, FUCK THEM. Bring on the machines and cut off the cunts from the nipple. We have 11,000,000 fucking job openings and people sitting on their fucking ass.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The future is a small elite with a robot work force. The rest will be forced on the government tit, get subsistence level assistance, be guinea pigs for big pharma and live in squalor.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The future is a small elite with a robot work force. The rest will be forced on the government tit, get subsistence level assistance, be guinea pigs for big pharma and live in squalor.

Good...this country has become a shit stain on single ply toilet paper.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What bothers me on a basic level is the whole inheritance tax. All that money has been taxed already. If I want to leave it to my family, isn’t that my business? I get the generational wealth aspect but something seems wrong about it. Also the move to tax current value of your home and do away with step up basis for people that inherit it.

I used to be anti automation. But the way our lazy ass work force is refusing to work, FUCK THEM. Bring on the machines and cut off the cunts from the nipple. We have 11,000,000 fucking job openings and people sitting on their fucking ass.

your job will be the first to be replaced...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Hey guys...new rule...Jan 6 didn't happen.

Krysten Simena and Joe Manchin think they're being patriots...nope, they're keeping us stuck in the past. Mavericks that will get Trump back into office and they'll both be replaced with Trump sychophants....Manchin will get replaced by a Trump supporter eventually and Sinema will not get re-elected as she continues to alienate the people that voted her in....

wow....what heroes....

You have a lot of lovers of centrists in here....they're being purged by Trump...oh well...I guess your words are meaningless...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Good...this country has become a shit stain on single ply toilet paper.

Sell your business and leave then.

Board footer