You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Current Events Thread

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I don't trust big pharma...but I also don't trust a virus that might send me to my grave if I happen to catch it.

If this were the 1990s and I'm in my 20s....I probably wouldn't take it seriously. Would be much easier to laugh off the hysteria.

I'm not. I'm staring down the barrel of 50 and I'm not in the greatest of health. If possible, I'd like to live another 10-15 years. Out of the two choices in front of me, I had to go with the vaccine... regardless of how much money big pharma makes or how shady their past is.

Right.  I think people kinda miss the big picture goal here.  The goal is to live as long as you can and in some sort of comfort (health wise).  And taking the vaccine increases the chances of this and doesn't harm it in anyway.  I mean does anyone really want to deal with all these other issues just because they didn't get a free shot?  Makes no sense to me but apparently there are millions who still don't want to get vaxxed.

Man, the pharmacist was right.  I felt like crap yesterday and just slept or did nothing.  I feel better but uh...this is not fun at all.  Side effects from the Moderna booster in case anyone is confused.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James wrote:

I've seen a lot of people say this online...even laughing about it...and then a week later their wives posting a Facebook update about how they were crying when about to be placed on a ventilator.

The flu doesn't destroy your lungs and overload you with blood clots.

Having said that, I don't really want the flu neither. I'm not even sure if I've had the flu... might have just been a severe cold.

They can fudge a lot of numbers but it's hard to declare a dead body something other than a dead body. Total deaths have not moved during this incredibly dangerous virus pandemic. Not even flu deaths are up. In fact they are way down.
Until this summer when everybody got dosed up. Now we ARE seeing a small increase in deaths. 5-10% from the numbers I've seen.

And you can believe boyfriends got it bad if they went to the hospital and got Remesdevir, which destroys your organs, then put on a ventilator, finishing the job. If they had been given a range of proven drugs the government took off the shelves right before the sudden, unforseen pandemic, their chance of survival would have been 90%. That's how we used to treat the flu and the like before big pharma mandates. Poor countries still do it with great success. 200 million people in Nigeria, 3% vaxxed. No problems there.

All vaccines throughout history have been risky. There's always been deaths and always will be.

I think the main reason there's been so many deaths is the fact billions have taken the vaccine this past year... which is unprecedented.

Even if millions died from the vaccine, it doesn't change my point....

You're rolling the dice regardless of how serious you take the virus or vaccine.

Door number one or door number two....

But you don't know the risk. One year to put it on the market. The long term data is simply not there. What if you get a 10 or 20% increase for cancer in 10 years? Heart attack? Still like the odds? Remember to add them for each booster that you take. If you do fine, but you don't even know the real number. Nobody does.

We know it for Covid. It's not especially dangerous if you are under 70 years of age, even if you are in bad health. Vitamin D levels are key. Almost every casualty has D3 deficiency.

I don't trust big pharma...but I also don't trust a virus that might send me to my grave if I happen to catch it.

If this were the 1990s and I'm in my 20s....I probably wouldn't take it seriously. Would be much easier to laugh off the hysteria.

I'm not. I'm staring down the barrel of 50 and I'm not in the greatest of health. If possible, I'd like to live another 10-15 years. Out of the two choices in front of me, I had to go with the vaccine... regardless of how much money big pharma makes or how shady their past is.

The numbers are not there. If there is a deadly virus floating around it certainly doesn't cause a whole lot of excess death.

This news station wanted a story about unjabbed getting sick for their agenda, so they asked their readers:

https://www.facebook.com/wxyzdetroit/ph … &ref=notif

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

People keep saying "Just The Flu"....

In 2018 my best mate who is my age (40s) caught the flu.

It went to his heart.

It left him with 14% heart function. He fucking needs like an hour to put on a shirt and walk across the room now.

Cardiologist says that his heart can not be fixed and the risk of him dying increases 10% for every year he lives with this condition. You don't have to be a maths guy to realise this means he has a 100% chance of being dead by 2028. So here I am walking into 2022 and like the absolute best case is that he has 6 years left...and that's if he turns out to be amongst the best and strongest.

I was at the hospital when this happened going like "what in the utter fuck...since when does this happen?" like i thought the flu was no big deal...but the doctors assured me that actually this happens quite a lot and it's just that people don't tend to talk about it lots.

So in conclusion - FUCK anything that is like the flu and FUCK the idea that anything is just a flu.

It's not unusual for a taste of the flu to significantly fuck up your life.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It went to his heart.

It left him with 14% heart function. He fucking needs like an hour to put on a shirt and walk across the room now.

Cardiologist says that his heart can not be fixed and the risk of him dying increases 10% for every year he lives with this condition. You don't have to be a maths guy to realise this means he has a 100% chance of being dead by 2028. So here I am walking into 2022 and like the absolute best case is that he has 6 years left...and that's if he turns out to be amongst the best and strongest.

I was at the hospital when this happened going like "what in the utter fuck...since when does this happen?" like i thought the flu was no big deal...but the doctors assured me that actually this happens quite a lot and it's just that people don't tend to talk about it lots.

So in conclusion - FUCK anything that is like the flu and FUCK the idea that anything is just a flu.

So why didn't we turn society into a concentration camp before? Why didn't you get yearly shots for the flu? Throw families on the street because they refused?

That's what is going on now, for a virus that is the equivalent of the flu.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It went to his heart.

So why didn't we turn society into a concentration camp before? Why didn't you get yearly shots for the flu? Throw families on the street because they refused?

That's what is going on now, for a virus that is the equivalent of the flu.

This.  How many flu deaths were reported in children and adults in years prior?  What constitutes a COVID death?  The fact that Colin Powell, a man suffering from cancer and multiple ailments is counted as a "COVID" death tells you all you really need to know about how accurate our accounting is.  As of today, 52% of COVID deaths occurred in persons over 75 years of age.  75% of deaths occurred in people over 65 years of age.  <0.1% of COVID deaths have been people under 18 years of age. 

50k people dying from the "flu" and 30+ million infected with it each year didn't warrant any kind of response.  100k people dying annually ODing on opioids doesn't result in any kind of action.  Children are the most impacted by these inane measures, and they're the safest from the virus. 

I've gotten my flu vaccine every year for the past 20 years and have never had the flu.  I've gotten 3 shots of Moderna and will continue to get an annual booster because I'd rather take my odds feeling cruddy for a day or two than be knocked out of it for a week or 2.  That's my personal calculus of risk, and I'm not asking anyone to accept it. 

But if your sole source of information is the media who has kept your attention with daily trackers and alarmism at every corner, you're not seeing the full picture. 

COVID primarily affects the elderly and the infirm.  Get the vaccine, but locking down society and ruining lives because politicians found a sure method to get buy in on power grabs is insulting to any intelligent and informed person.  Life is full of risk and we're all going to die.  Ruining the economy,  harming education and spreading fear isn't an appropriate measure to the majority of society that isn't locked in a nursing home waiting to die.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The flu has never simultaneously overrun hospitals in every state, and we still don't know the long-lasting effects or the strains, because the flu wasn't created in a lab and didn't make a leap on the evolutionary chain. Our bodies are able to adjust to newer flu variants.

If you don't believe in it or you're anti vaxx or whatever, fine. I even agree in government overreach, but this goes more into being angry that other people don't agree with your stances. That's the issue I have with anti-vaxxers.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

The flu has never simultaneously overrun hospitals in every state, and we still don't know the long-lasting effects or the strains, because the flu wasn't created in a lab and didn't make a leap on the evolutionary chain. Our bodies are able to adjust to newer flu variants.

If you don't believe in it or you're anti vaxx or whatever, fine. I even agree in government overreach, but this goes more into being angry that other people don't agree with your stances. That's the issue I have with anti-vaxxers.

We don’t know it was created in a lab. If you think it was, shouldn’t you be demanding Fauci and those who funded it be held accountable?

The reality is 2020 and 2021 have had the same amount of COVID deaths. And we’ve had the vaccine available in the US widely available to those most vulnerable since January.

This is the new reality. This isn’t about a stance, it’s saying that if you’re going to join the chorus of doomsayers, you apply those concerns and considerations equally. How many people die from smoking cigarettes each year?  How many hospital beds are full of dying smokers across the nation? Yet we’ve yet to ban them, let alone mandate every person above the age of 2 take chantix.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

We don’t know it was created in a lab. If you think it was, shouldn’t you be demanding Fauci and those who funded it be held accountable?

The reality is 2020 and 2021 have had the same amount of COVID deaths. And we’ve had the vaccine available in the US widely available to those most vulnerable since January.

This is the new reality. This isn’t about a stance, it’s saying that if you’re going to join the chorus of doomsayers, you apply those concerns and considerations equally. How many people die from smoking cigarettes each year?  How many hospital beds are full of dying smokers across the nation? Yet we’ve yet to ban them, let alone mandate every person above the age of 2 take chantix.

What a unique pivot from all previous stances….and a sprinkling of a hint of a conspiracy….

Ahhh….so refreshing

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

You don't know how this virus will effect you, no matter your age. It's not the flu. You guys can say this all day long, but the makeup of the virus is in no way similar, not by any means, nor is it as unpredictable. This has absolutely turned into a stance. If it wasnt, pox wouldn't be waiting around with a smart ass comment when anyone mentions getting a vaccine. It's a trend in social media. The moment someone's secondhand smoke jumps into my lungs and puts me on a ventilator because of one whiff, then we'll talk.

We don't know for sure because of China. and I have been demanding him be held accountable. Fauci should have been fired a long time ago.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The virus came from the lab.

Board footer