You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

Just got home from shopping. Got the J and J booster while at Safeway.

It stung more than the last time. I also started feeling a bit nauseous on the way home.

I'm going to make me a couple sandwiches and lay down and watch a couple movies.

Surprisingly they handed me a 10% off your grocery bill coupon. It was supposed to be for your next shopping trip but I went ahead and used it.

I don't know if this is a local or national offer. I knew nothing about it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The virus came from the lab.

Dumb ass..prove it or shut the fuck up

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Or you can prove it came from an animal, considering they never found an animal that had it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is too much, dude, just stay out of the thread.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James wrote:

It stung more than the last time. I also started feeling a bit nauseous on the way home.

I'm going to make me a couple sandwiches and lay down and watch a couple movies.

Surprisingly they handed me a 10% off your grocery bill coupon. It was supposed to be for your next shopping trip but I went ahead and used it.

I felt it the night I got it, but it hammered me like two days later.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I would just rest for the next few days.  You'll get hammered by it at some point.   You'll feel fine and all of a sudden you'll feel the energy crash and the need to rest.  Yeah, I know I got a totally different booster but I would suspect that the side effects are similar.

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Aside from being rude, Mitch has a point.  There has been no evidence that this came from a lab; I don't count conspiracy theories as a reliable source.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I would just rest for the next few days.  You'll get hammered by it at some point.   You'll feel fine and all of a sudden you'll feel the energy crash and the need to rest.  Yeah, I know I got a totally different booster but I would suspect that the side effects are similar.

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Aside from being rude, Mitch has a point.  There has been no evidence that this came from a lab; I don't count conspiracy theories as a reliable source.

The evolution of a virus to hop from an animal to a human takes a long time. In this case let’s accept it came from an animal. What animal did it come from? What animals on this planet have had Covid 19?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I have no idea and neither do you.  It's just speculation.  Viruses mutate.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

So why didn't we turn society into a concentration camp before? Why didn't you get yearly shots for the flu? Throw families on the street because they refused?

That's what is going on now, for a virus that is the equivalent of the flu.

Personally I have had yearly shots since 2000 but I take your point generally.

I think the difference is because this was new there was no immunity.

Like with the flu, there's lots of strains around and in any year you had some people walking around who still had anti-bodies from getting a similar strain and recovering in previous years, you had people going around who have had a shot. That combined with the infectiousness level of the flu and the specifics of when symptoms turn up manages to keep infections at a manageable level.

When we had lockdowns that wasn't going to be the case with rona. There was no natural immunity yet. There was no vaccine yet. It was a more infectious disease. We didn't know a lot about it - but it looked like basically almost anyone who came into contact with it was going to catch it.

That starts a question...like even if 1% of people go to the hospital and even if most of them recover...how many hosptial beds do we have open at once? How long before people have other car accidents and other issues and they cant get a doctor cos everyone is busy. How long till everyone has to call in sick at work on the same day? It's the answers to the questions like that which caused the goverment to do lockdowns etc.

However it's a pet-hat of mine that people say "just the flu" because the flu can kill you anyway, but in addition to that, this disease is far worse than the flu, the rates of stuff like 'long covid' and similar seem to indicate that.

Board footer