You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Current Events Thread

ClaudeF wrote:

Google current fertilizer prices, food processing fires, the 5+ million chickens killed, cattle and trout kills, the millions of bees meant to pollinate plants in Alaska left to die on the tarmac in Georgia … good times. hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Holy shit ...looks like the Supreme Court is on the verge of overturning Roe.

It just leaked.

Looks like they aren't wasting any time getting ready.....

Edit

This is a wake up call to feminists....

Fucking 10 men in a row is not "empowering".

Turning feminism into a trans movement was not "progressive".

Time to get back to real issues before you lose everything.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They're starting to sound like "insurrectionists." I'm sure we'll hear why this is different ... *abortion will still be legal in America, btw. It doesn't ban it.*

Another leak says Roberts isn't going along with it, but will back a 15 week ban. But one thing is clear, someone is in DEEEEEP shit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

*abortion will still be legal in America, btw. It doesn't ban it.*

It will be legal in "blue states".

It's a huge step in turning the US into a blue/red dystopia. We were already on the way there...this will take us over the cliff.

The culture wars are entering a dark and unprecedented stage.

It also has the potential to backfire massively. Republicans get abortions too.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I would have just left it there since it was settled law or whatever it's called.  I'm slightly cynical that it'll move anyone in the midterms.  I get the feeling that most people's opinions are already decided on it--for the most part you're either against it or for it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It opens the door for a lawsuit to actually make it settled. It would cause everyone to answer "when does life start" as scientific fact. Neither side really wants to answer that. You cannot say life begins at conception or that a mass of goo is life. You also cannot deny that a fully formed fetus is not a life.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

It opens the door for a lawsuit to actually make it settled. It would cause everyone to answer "when does life start" as scientific fact. Neither side really wants to answer that. You cannot say life begins at conception or that a mass of goo is life. You also cannot deny that a fully formed fetus is not a life.

That's probably why I would have left it.  That's one question most people don't want to answer.  I mean the extremists on both sides probably have their answers ready (and have for some time).  But most moderates ?

Also I don't really think most people know what the "answer" is since you can make a case for either side/answer.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It could affect blue and purple suburbs that were trending Republican. Like Virginia.

I say make it law. But again, you'd have to define "life." And the crazies who would gladly lose an election for wedge issue won't want to do that. Pro lifers, imo, at least the zelouts, are a far bigger threat to civil liberties.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Holy shit ...looks like the Supreme Court is on the verge of overturning Roe.

It just leaked.

Looks like they aren't wasting any time getting ready.....

Edit

This is a wake up call to feminists....

Fucking 10 men in a row is not "empowering".

Turning feminism into a trans movement was not "progressive".

Time to get back to real issues before you lose everything.

Or…you can look at these justices who are putting their personal religious beliefs into the law.

It’s pretty disgusting the justices Trump put there get to rewrite everything.

It’s also a shame that people like you get to point at the trans people over and over again and blame them for everything.

This right here is why i just can’t bring myself to vote for a Republican. Religious aspects of our control continuously get shoved down our throat. These people are disgusting hypocrites….‘we’re pro-life’ until it comes time to feed, shelter and protect your future.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I would have just left it there since it was settled law or whatever it's called.  I'm slightly cynical that it'll move anyone in the midterms.  I get the feeling that most people's opinions are already decided on it--for the most part you're either against it or for it.

I hope it drives up turnout. This is an illegitimate Supreme Court erasing laws that have been around for a very long time just because.

The court’s approval, already very low, will sink even further and of course none of them give a shit because of the life time appointments. And the great thing is none of them will have to justify any of this to anyone.

The law of the land is now more religious than ever.

Board footer