You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The story about the downs teen sitting in the chair is very sad.

I'm not sure if society wise the solution to that is aborting him from the start though.

I worry that's the road to a eugenics themed society.

Like to take it to extremes...my life is pathetic from the perspective of a wealthy person living in Monaco...but I'd rather fix my life than be put out of my misery.  Easier said than done I guess though.

The real question is can you put your money where your mouth is? Can you tolerate the increase in health insurance premiums to take care of someone else's child? Are you going to complain about taxes going up to build and maintain more group homes?

Because if you can't, then your pontificating seems to be missing something.

Dude, he’s just saying he feels bad that kids are being aborted simply for having Down syndrome. I just made the same point. He didn’t kick your puppy.

Btw, it’s very right wing of you to begrudge the existence of a poor child because your taxes go up. Plot twist!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't even think they're genuinely trying to stop abortion from being banned.

While Pelosi screams about how evil the Republicans are for even thinking about eliminating Roe and whatever comes next, her and other Dem leaders are busy in Texas campaigning for an anti-abortion candidate who is up against a progressive in the primary!

Hell.... is it really a surprise? The party that's supposedly pro-women can't even define what a woman is.

At least they made sure Tampons can be found in men's bathrooms now. What a relief!

I think we're going to see many Dems either move to the right or simply go independent/stop voting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they've abandoned women.  Feminists have a lot to answer for as well.

We're going to see massive infighting on the left over this.

Btw, it’s very right wing of you to begrudge the existence of a poor child because your taxes go up. Plot twist!

Yeah I got a laugh out of that.

I forgot who said it(Pat Buchanan?Kasich?)...how many liberals are actually conservatives but they aren't willing to admit it to themselves.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The story about the downs teen sitting in the chair is very sad.

I'm not sure if society wise the solution to that is aborting him from the start though.

I worry that's the road to a eugenics themed society.

Like to take it to extremes...my life is pathetic from the perspective of a wealthy person living in Monaco...but I'd rather fix my life than be put out of my misery.  Easier said than done I guess though.

The real question is can you put your money where your mouth is? Can you tolerate the increase in health insurance premiums to take care of someone else's child? Are you going to complain about taxes going up to build and maintain more group homes?

Because if you can't, then your pontificating seems to be missing something.

Dude, he’s just saying he feels bad that kids are being aborted simply for having Down syndrome. I just made the same point. He didn’t kick your puppy.

I’ve already made my decision and I’ve made it numerous times. The healthcare and well-being of everyone in this country is important. And I don’t complain about the premiums and I don’t complain about paying taxes in a blue state.

My biggest gripe is with the people who are pro life or anti-abortion who don’t want to pony up when it’s time to pay for those policies.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

In a reversal, the douche Elon Musk will return Trump to twitter making it official that rich famous people should no longer be accountable for anything they do…ever.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … -roe-whpa/

This is my Senator voting for a bill he acknowledges he doesn’t support, but is voting a symbolic “Yay” because it’ll help his party in political advertising. And fabricating a threat that doesn’t exist and has no way of passing for the very same reasons the bill he’s voting in favor for can’t be passed.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

He didn’t kick your puppy.

I have to admit I also got a good laugh out of that.  The last thing that comes to my mind when thinking about disabled children is the high taxes and premiums.

I really don't know why the Democrats are bringing up that abortion bill that will fail it just seems like a giant waste of time to me.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I’m not sure how any of you could misconstrue me as a conservative.

Why wouldn’t you think about those things when it comes to caring for these people?!

misterID

misterID wrote:

I don’t think anyone confuses you for a conservative, but I think you’re far closer to a centrist (like us) than you’d ever like to admit. Definitely as a business owner, being in a higher tax bracket, and you’re slow evolution on things like trans/social stuff. I don’t believe for a second you’re the Bernie Bro you think you are. You’re almost there, Mitch! You’ll be watching Tucker Carlson in no time. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

If you ever wanted to checkmate me in trans stuff this would be how

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m-korean-peo … 07178.html

“Transracial does not exist, and I think it’s very, very harmful to push the narrative that it is possible to switch races,” she said.

“You are not a Korean man. No matter how much surgery you do, no matter how much of the aesthetic you adopt,” she told London.

Lady.... you're almost there. Almost.

As soon as you realize the same with transgender, it all falls into place.

You also need to realize that supporting transgenderism is what's helping to fuel the transracial nonsense.

If one doesn't exist... neither does the other.

If one exists...both do.

misterID

misterID wrote:

This was my argument from the start. You cannot justify switching genders if you can't justify switching races.

There's nothing wrong with being trans. I'll call you she/her. But a trans woman is not a woman. A trans woman is a trans woman. Soon the word trans will be offensive.

There was a trans woman on Twitter who was complaining of period pain. All the progressive women were supporting her, liking her tweets... The "terf" trans people were calling her an idiot and that she just had gas. Progressives are enabling this shit.

Board footer