You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

The EU recognizing nuclear as “green energy” is a step in the right direction if people want to be serious about reducing CO2 emissions. Energy demands are only going to increase, especially as the internal combustion engine  is replaced with electric motors.

Europe has always been ahead of the US in nuclear power, but nuclear is so taboo in the US, we really need create a public dialogue fo encourage a transition to nuclear. Going nuclear also has the additional benefit of destroying authoritarian regimes that use their oil reserves as shields from joining the 21st century. It’s a win win all around, and you could even use government funds to build and lower the end cost to consumers.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Liberals freaking out over nuclear back in the 70s and 80s was a huge mistake.

My mom took me to an 'Earth Day" event back in 1990-91 and it was non-stop complaining about nuclear energy/reactors.

Now look.

We took two steps backwards.

Bidens approval rating dropped to 29%. I don't believe it's really that high. It's probably closer to 10-15% in reality.

It will be going lower... especially with the news about some of our oil reserves being sold to China.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The future is nuclear.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

The future is nuclear.

It always was...it should've been obvious back then. We literally wasted decades.

It kinda makes me wish everything had been hyper-partisan back in the day....with liberals dead set against nuclear, the Republicans might have went all in on it and we'd be in a much better place today.

Only way nuclear isn't the answer is if we take several quick leaps towards fusion/free energy.

Apparently Hunter Bidens iCloud account was hacked. Just like last time, people are nutting up saying there's sick shit on there.

I don't know why they even bother anymore. Nobody cares...and the same pattern will play out this time....

Deny it's real

Laugh it off as conspiracy nonsense

Admit it's real

Silence

If him fucking his underage niece and his sister in law begging him to leave her alone with Joe intervening on Hunter's behalf doesn't have an impact, nothing else anyone digs up will either.

Same thing happened with Bidens daughter's diary.

That is one twisted family.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The only thing I saw with the niece was that he was in bed asleep, looked fully clothed, and she was lying next to him smiling and taking their picture.

I honestly don’t care what he did. I kind of feel sorry for him because the dude has done big problems. There’s no doubt he got shit because of his dad, but so do all politicians kids

misterID

misterID wrote:

FXZwresXwAEXcVt?format=png&name=small

She’s the mastermind behind all this 16

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I said in 2020 that I didn’t care how much of a deviant Hunter Biden is. He’s not Joe Biden. Nor am I shocked that the corporate media slandered Trump’s kids (including Baron) but has been absolutely silent about Biden’s. Obama’s daughter can wear a racist Black Power shirt inside the White House and it’s labeled taboo to discuss because she’s a minor, but I lost count of how many stories claimed Don Jr was a coked out mess. This is the world we live in. Some idiots still blame Trump for COVID despite more Americans dying in 2021 with the vaccine than died in 2020 without.

If you’re a nut job on the right, you need to go to underground websites to get your nonsense. But if you’re a nut job on the left, just turn on any major network news and the nonsense is shoveled down your throat. Outrage sells, and they decided in the 90s they’d cozy up to the Clintons and DNC and have remained loyal since. Don’t believe me, YouTube any news story on Lewinsky in 98. You’ll be shocked to see Bryant Grumble talking about Lewinsky the way Weinstein talks about his accusers.

But I think we’re finally at a turning point, and the same corporate media who thought they struck gold calling people “Terf’s” who don’t think a guy with a cock and balls should compete again women has now realized the country as a whole isn’t buying it. CNN who made their fortune giving Trump 24/7 coverage in 2016 and then nonstop conspiracy drivel for the next 4 years is correcting their ship. Telling people Trump got pissed on in Moscow but Joe Biden’s on the up and up is finally resonating with the public as complete bullshit.

Biden is less popular than Trump ever was. He’s nearly toxic to be associated with. This isn’t 1998 and the internet gives us all a long memory. Roe V Wade and the states up for reelection may allow democrats to maintain control in the Senate. But the House isn’t even a question. Soros and Twitter won’t be able to get Biden re-elected.

I’m very interested in this sovereign legislature idea making its way to SCOTUS. Biden won in 2020, but many states to include my own completely disregarded election laws. And this was almost entirely due to partisan elected justices on state courts allowing governors to ignore election laws. In my state they didn’t even bother to validate signatures on absentee ballots. Something required under law and the only validation to take place since any firm of ID isn’t required. That isn’t ok, and if partisan justices aren’t willing to enforce election laws that affect the federal government, I don’t have a problem with SCOTUS stating Article 1 is very clear on who manages elections.

All of that is a long way of saying if it weren’t for COVID and an unrelentless, coordinated media attack, Biden wouldn’t be president. The Democrats still lack a plan or cohesive message and that’s not going to change so long as the party pretends to belong to Manchin and AOC types. The pendulum is going to swing back to the GOP - and hard.

Most people realize all the shit the nutters on the left said about Trump is actually true about Biden. He’s a corrupt politician with his hand in a lot of Russian and Chinese pockets, his children are fucking degenerates, and Biden is objectively as bad if not worse than Carter, overseeing the largest foreign policy and economic blunder in a generation.

Hold Joe Biden accountable. Don’t get distracted by his crackhead son.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Progressives are really beating the “Joe’s too old to be president” now. There’s no way they pressure him out of running and *not* get behind Kamala. This would be a disastrous primary.

misterID

misterID wrote:

LOL

The irony is Andrés Manuel López Obrador had a way better relationship with Trump, and reportedly hates Biden

Board footer