You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

They’re separated by 64 votes!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

DeSantis is the man. Trump needs to go away.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

LOL Trump will not go away.  You'll have to offer him something for him to beat it.

Looks like the Dems will retain control of the Senate as both NV and ARZ will remain Democratic seats.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Somehow Boebert came back and won. That's pathetic. Imagine voting for that clown.

I saw last night that there's 5 carrier strike groups currently around Europe...2 US, 1 British, 1 French, and 1 Italy.

That's a lot of firepower.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Nut job who shot up the nightclub had SWAT called to his house last year and had a standoff. He was arrested for a slew of felonies, but somehow wasn’t in jail. He even live-streamed his stand-off with SWAT last year. And he was allowed to roam free and enact this tragedy.

If someone who threatens to detonate bombs and livestream a standoff with police is immune from enforcement of our laws, what good does passing more laws do.

Some dude just took 18 bullets sitting on his porch 5 miles from me. Just another Monday.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There’s always red flags with these guys. There’s always a chance to stop them but it’s blown (almost always in democrat run cities with the strictest gun laws). It’s always the same thing. The only one I know of who there was no chance yo stop him was the sandy hook killer. That was because his mother allowed him to live in a cocoon. That was on her

James

James wrote:

B-21 stealth bomber gets unveiled later today.

Can't wait to see it.

James

James wrote:

Fucking insane.

Edit

The live stream is over but I'm sure they'll keep it up.

I loved the buildup to the unveiling....but they're clearly not done hyping its rollout. They kept the lights dim so you couldn't fully see it.

It looks like a UFO.

It's also much thinner/sleeker than the B-2.

Most advanced aircraft in the world... although that goes without saying.

Apparently many of its capabilities will remain classified.

It will be able to manipulate the battlefield...would love to know what that really means.

It will also be capable of flying unmanned.

Speculation that it's using quantum computers.

Also liked the Reagan mentions during the B-2/ peace through strength discussion.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/12/scie … rough.html

Waiting to see what they announce tomorrow, but if the headline claim is remotely accurate, this story deserves more attention than anything else out there.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/12/scie … rough.html

Waiting to see what they announce tomorrow, but if the headline claim is remotely accurate, this story deserves more attention than anything else out there.

Heard a bit about this on the radio on my way home.

Fucking crazy.

Whichever country cracks fusion first will be the undisputed power this century.

It will change everything.

I agree....we need to start hearing a lot more about this if we're really getting close. Most people don't know anything about this stuff....plus there's that joke about fusion always being 20 years away.

I'll read this article after I cook.

Board footer