You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Kelly Anne Conway has it too. Looks like the Rose Garden rollout for ACB was the culprit.

https://media.zenfs.com/en/us.abcnews.g … 5dec6fb14d

The story coming out is her 15 year old daughter is the reason this came out. She lied to her daughter about having covid, and then her daughter caught it and went ape shit.

Now there's speculation Trump had it before the debate. Both parties were supposed to be tested before going onstage, Trump arrived late, and told them he didn't need to be tested since he was already tested.

These people are scum.

The country needs a hard reset on how it deals with politics. We have to stop politicizing every little thing. It still blows my mind that a pandemic was politicized. Just wear a goddamn mask. I hate doing it too but it's really not that big of a deal.

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

If anything it appears they are trying to downplay the severity of his condition.

mitchejw, you keep looking for a cover up or a hoax here. When has this admin ever struck you as competent enough to pull that off? They leak like a sieve.

Yeah I really wish we could get past the point of everything being a conspiracy. The conspiracy world has also been drowning in politics. I used to love reading about conspiracies. Now those communities are mainly just Trump communities talking about how covid is a hoax and the deep state is after Trump.

It's garbage.

It's not a hoax. These people pushed the idea of it being a hoax for political purposes and now may pay the price for that stupidity.

James

James wrote:

Check this shit out coming from the hardcore Trump base....

“It’s a hoax. There’s no pandemic. As Trump said, how many millions die of flu?” said the 56-year-old truck driver outside the early voting station in St Joseph, Missouri – a stronghold for the president.

But then Patterson pauses and contemplates the possibility that Trump really does have Covid-19.

“If he’s sick, then they planted it when they tested him. It’s what they did to me when I went to hospital for my heart beating too fast. Two weeks later I got a cold,” he said. “It’s political. I don’t trust the US government at all. Who are they to mandate personal safety? I listen to Trump.

I can't believe people that stupid actually exist.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

If anything it appears they are trying to downplay the severity of his condition.

mitchejw, you keep looking for a cover up or a hoax here. When has this admin ever struck you as competent enough to pull that off? They leak like a sieve.

Yeah I really wish we could get past the point of everything being a conspiracy. The conspiracy world has also been drowning in politics. I used to love reading about conspiracies. Now those communities are mainly just Trump communities talking about how covid is a hoax and the deep state is after Trump.

It's garbage.

It's not a hoax. These people pushed the idea of it being a hoax for political purposes and now may pay the price for that stupidity.

That is much more parsimonious....

But when you’re dealing with a cult and the leader of that cult is ruthless...it’s hard to take it all off the table.

Hardcore trump supporters have created an alternate reality.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The next few days are going to be critical. He's a germaphobe who's afraid of sickness and hospitals. He wouldn't go for no reason.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

In a clusterfuck that is representative of this administration, the doctor gives a positive report, and directly after Meadows (Trump's chief of staff) tells the reporters he's in real trouble, that his vitals plunged and it's not clear if he'll recover. Other reports are that he's freaked out about his friend who died of covid, and is asking people if he's going to end up like him.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

These people exist all over the west. What has happened in the past few years is that everything has been amplified 10 fold and when you have people like Trump in charge during something like this, a disaster will always ensue.

I got a taxi a few days ago. The driver basically unprompted ranted the whole way about how covid is a hoax to create a cashless society and he doesn't think people should have to wear masks.

"if I wear infected you would have to lick a corner that I had just licked. It's not airborn, that's the only way you could catch it from me".

Obviously I was wearing a mask.

Just imagine what would happen if instead of a pandemic, there was a war. Not a middle eastern adventure like Iraq, but a early 20th century style war. How would it turn out with people Trump and BoJo?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

In a clusterfuck that is representative of this administration, the doctor gives a positive report, and directly after Meadows (Trump's chief of staff) tells the reporters he's in real trouble, that his vitals plunged and it's not clear if he'll recover. Other reports are that he's freaked out about his friend who died of covid, and is asking people if he's going to end up like him.

Contradictions that make the truth very hard to decipher.

I’m so tired of the fog.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

These people exist all over the west. What has happened in the past few years is that everything has been amplified 10 fold and when you have people like Trump in charge during something like this, a disaster will always ensue.

I got a taxi a few days ago. The driver basically unprompted ranted the whole way about how covid is a hoax to create a cashless society and he doesn't think people should have to wear masks.

"if I wear infected you would have to lick a corner that I had just licked. It's not airborn, that's the only way you could catch it from me".

Obviously I was wearing a mask.

Just imagine what would happen if instead of a pandemic, there was a war. Not a middle eastern adventure like Iraq, but a early 20th century style war. How would it turn out with people Trump and BoJo?

I’ve had a Theory for a few months now that those that absolutely fanatically deny the existence of this virus are people who cannot or will not psychologically process what we are all going through right now.

It’s a way for them to sort of stick their head in the sand and wait for it all to be over

James

James wrote:

Yeah we're basically a couple steps away from a full blown Idiocracy.

It's frightening.

This madness gained traction during the Obama years and went over the cliff completely during the Trump era.

Social media and hyper-partisan news outlets have turned the West into an unrecognizable monster. Nothing in our history compares to the world of today.

Ignorance has been weaponised and TPTB appear to be milking it for all it's worth.

God help us all.

Just imagine what would happen if instead of a pandemic, there was a war.

I know one thing....

There could never be a draft. Everyone would dodge it.

This generation is lost.

Board footer