You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i guess from Hardskool and Silkworms you'd assume most of the songs we've heard exist will be still in play in some form or other - or at least possibly anyways.

It's all very exciting to me cos I like what I heard of a lot of them.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Well, last night changed the calculus, didn't it?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Please, for the love of god, I hope there is no Seeker in studio form anywhere to be seen on a new GN’R album.

I fucking HATE that song.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Even with silkworms being played. It could just be a throw away song to justify the "new show" branding on the tour. I just don't see it being on an actual release. But then again I don't believe there will be an actual release so who am I to say shit.

elevendayempire

BLS-Pride wrote:

Even with silkworms being played. It could just be a throw away song to justify the "new show" branding on the tour. I just don't see it being on an actual release. But then again I don't believe there will be an actual release so who am I to say shit.

You'll be denying the new album even when you're holding the CD in your hands... roll

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

You'll be denying the new album even when you're holding the CD in your hands... roll

Actually I wouldn't. I want a new record. I wanna see Perhaps, State of Grace, and Hardschool on it. But its been 5 years since the reunion and we haven't gotten any news worthy information of an album. I just don't have false and blind hope for a record anymore. Give me something concrete about a record and I'll get on board.

Jw224
 Rep: 1 

Jw224 wrote:

Until we have a release date and there's music officially released there is nothing coming in my opinion.

elevendayempire

Jw224 wrote:

Until we have a release date and there's music officially released there is nothing coming in my opinion.

We literally have two years' worth of quotes from Slash and Fortus talking about a new album, jamming new songs etc. We have the band soundchecking and playing unreleased songs. The fact they're doing that tallies with the earlier rumours from the likes of MSL that Slash and Duff had reworked tracks like Atlas Shrugged.

At this point it's like denying the nose on your face.

I know you've all been burned by years of DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot blithering on about a new album coming "any minute now, guys!" But the fact is, the moment Slash and Duff walked in the door, the circumstances changed. The record company that didn't give a shit about Axl and His Funny Friends suddenly takes a keen interest in The Fucking Guns N' Roses Reunion Album, the thing they wanted all along, from 1995 to the present day. All the obstacles they threw in Axl's path because they did not give the tiniest fuck about Buckethead suddenly melt away.

And yes, the album was a long time coming. Because, as I've said with numbing frequency, there is no point releasing an album immediately when the purpose of albums nowadays is to promote a tour. The mere fact of the reunion kept the tour chugging along for three, four years. And then, just as they were gearing up for the "release an album to keep the machine ticking over" phase of the tour, fucking COVID dropped.

And yes, I know that other artists released albums in lockdown, but the fact is, you get one shot at the GN'R reunion album. It's one of the few totemic releases left in rock (maybe an Oasis reunion album?). You don't shit it out when everyone's locked in their homes and you can't milk its ability to promote the tour for all it's worth. Not with a savvy businessman like Duff on board.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

elevendayempire wrote:
Jw224 wrote:

We literally have two years' worth of quotes from Slash and Fortus talking about a new album, jamming new songs etc. We have the band soundchecking and playing unreleased songs. The fact they're doing that tallies with the earlier rumours from the likes of MSL that Slash and Duff had reworked tracks like Atlas Shrugged.

At this point it's like denying the nose on your face.

I know you've all been burned by years of DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot blithering on about a new album coming "any minute now, guys!" But the fact is, the moment Slash and Duff walked in the door, the circumstances changed. The record company that didn't give a shit about Axl and His Funny Friends suddenly takes a keen interest in The Fucking Guns N' Roses Reunion Album, the thing they wanted all along, from 1995 to the present day. All the obstacles they threw in Axl's path because they did not give the tiniest fuck about Buckethead suddenly melt away.

And yes, the album was a long time coming. Because, as I've said with numbing frequency, there is no point releasing an album immediately when the purpose of albums nowadays is to promote a tour. The mere fact of the reunion kept the tour chugging along for three, four years. And then, just as they were gearing up for the "release an album to keep the machine ticking over" phase of the tour, fucking COVID dropped.

And yes, I know that other artists released albums in lockdown, but the fact is, you get one shot at the GN'R reunion album. It's one of the few totemic releases left in rock (maybe an Oasis reunion album?). You don't shit it out when everyone's locked in their homes and you can't milk its ability to promote the tour for all it's worth. Not with a savvy businessman like Duff on board.

This is a really good post, but I also think it's just as absurd to think Guns will just randomly drop an album in the coming weeks with no warning.  Maybe and hopefully they release a new album, but the notion we'll all be taken by surprise when they announce it's in stores the day before its release is a scenario no prudent salesperson would ever consider.  Guns hasn't sold out the majority of their shows, a new album on the horizon or in fans' hands helps fill those remaining empty seats.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

but the fact is, you get one shot at the GN'R reunion album.

This is a great point.

It could make or break the whole thing.

It's why I wish they'd go big or go home....shock the world with a double like they should've done with CD.

Board footer