You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

davegnfnr2k wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

So, with this version of Silkworms being virtually the same as the BBF version, I really do wonder how much Slash worked on these CD songs. I seen someone mention (I am not sure if it was here or elsewhere), that maybe Slash's hardschool could just be a version of HS from 03-08, I wouldn't be shocked as a couple of released songs went through pretty big changes, and if released songs changed a bit who knows how much songs that weren't supposed to be on the first album changed.

Also with Bucket's killswitch intro to SW still being intact I am way more interested in Slash's versions of CD2 songs. Because from what we heard from the two songs, the only thing that is really any different are the guitar solos. I would like to hear a later version of HS to see how much has changed though. Also now this leads the question would they be crazy enough to release an album with vocals from 1999-2007? My guess is probably but the 07 vocals will stick out as his raspy voice sounded different in 1999.

Speaking about vocals, If I were them I would really release Hardschool as a single before I play it live. There is pretty much 0 chance Axl will sound passable on the chorus live and I would not want people's first two impression of new material be Silkworms (a fun song IMO but I see why others don't like it) and a bad performance of Hardschool vocally.

I guess we will have to see what happens, maybe they are just playing these two songs for fun and have no plans of releasing them or maybe it is just because of the leaks. Hopefully it is for a new album.

Axls vocals on CD where all over the place and different.
Just listen to Madagascar, Riad, the blues, teh title track, scrapped as examples.

if axl re-did all teh vocals which is doubtful and he did them around the time he did that looney toons song, his rasp is pretty good.

Also he had good rasp in 2016 with AC DC too

I think he can easily wheel out the rasp in-studio, given that they can literally do as many takes as he needs to lay down the track.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
elevendayempire

Anyway! Another date tonight, wonder if they'll wheel out Hardschool.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

They finally crossed the rubicon and played a "new" and never before released song for the first time since the reunion began, so at this stage anything is possible.

Seen some folk hoping to hear something new that isn't Hardschool but to be honest until we see a setlist emerge with other alts then I really doubt it. Not sure they've played any song since the reunion that didn't have a video graphic associated with it so any performance seems premeditated typically.

elevendayempire

Axl S wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

They finally crossed the rubicon and played a "new" and never before released song for the first time since the reunion began, so at this stage anything is possible.

Seen some folk hoping to hear something new that isn't Hardschool but to be honest until we see a setlist emerge with other alts then I really doubt it. Not sure they've played any song since the reunion that didn't have a video graphic associated with it so any performance seems premeditated typically.

Yeah. I kinda wish they'd have a generic video graphic worked up so they can just do an impromptu cover or jam once in a while.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

So, with this version of Silkworms being virtually the same as the BBF version, I really do wonder how much Slash worked on these CD songs. I seen someone mention (I am not sure if it was here or elsewhere), that maybe Slash's hardschool could just be a version of HS from 03-08, I wouldn't be shocked as a couple of released songs went through pretty big changes, and if released songs changed a bit who knows how much songs that weren't supposed to be on the first album changed.

Also with Bucket's killswitch intro to SW still being intact I am way more interested in Slash's versions of CD2 songs. Because from what we heard from the two songs, the only thing that is really any different are the guitar solos. I would like to hear a later version of HS to see how much has changed though. Also now this leads the question would they be crazy enough to release an album with vocals from 1999-2007? My guess is probably but the 07 vocals will stick out as his raspy voice sounded different in 1999.

Speaking about vocals, If I were them I would really release Hardschool as a single before I play it live. There is pretty much 0 chance Axl will sound passable on the chorus live and I would not want people's first two impression of new material be Silkworms (a fun song IMO but I see why others don't like it) and a bad performance of Hardschool vocally.

I guess we will have to see what happens, maybe they are just playing these two songs for fun and have no plans of releasing them or maybe it is just because of the leaks. Hopefully it is for a new album.

Just listen to Madagascar, Riad, the blues, teh title track, scrapped as examples.

if axl re-did all teh vocals which is doubtful and he did them around the time he did that looney toons song, his rasp is pretty good.

I think he can easily wheel out the rasp in-studio, given that they can literally do as many takes as he needs to lay down the track.

agreed plus they can audio tune him and put on any effects to give him extra rasp too

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

agreed plus they can audio tune him and put on any effects to give him extra rasp too

Apropos of nothing, I think the rasp was starting to go in the late nineties and that’s why there’s that telephone effect on the vocals for Oh My God.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just saw this statistic....

“After the 2016 Not in This Lifetime... Tour reunion tour (during which most songs from the album were played), Billboard reported the album's digital streams jumped from 8 million streams to 24 million, as well as 7,900 additional copies sold”

Those streaming statistics are impressive for an album no one truly cares about anymore. It shows some people are curious about the CD songs they are performing.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

“After the 2016 Not in This Lifetime... Tour reunion tour (during which most songs from the album were played), Billboard reported the album's digital streams jumped from 8 million streams to 24 million, as well as 7,900 additional copies sold”

Those streaming statistics are impressive for an album no one truly cares about anymore. It shows some people are curious about the CD songs they are performing.

Yeah…or just saying “Alexa - play Guns N’ Roses on Spotify.”

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah…or just saying “Alexa - play Guns N’ Roses on Spotify.”

How many times will Alexa play Chinese Democracy when giving it that basic command?

I would expect AFD to be the default option.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Another question is: how many other songs in the vault do they have that are mainstream and have broad appeal?

Board footer