You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

Sky Dog wrote:

Monkey, you have always been a glass half full guy, which is better than negative Nancy like me. But, the issue isn’t whether or not there is killer stuff in the vault. The issue is nobody seems to want to release anything! Not the record company, not the band, not literally anybody. All good to play SCOM ad nauseoum. It is well beyond mind boggling that they can’t release one song in 13 years. Slash and Duff have literally added nothing other than trotting out the hits for the masses while putting more cash in Axl’s bank account. It’s actually not a joke anymore because people don’t care enough to make the joke....Bad Company 3.0

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Monkey, you have always been a glass half full guy, which is better than negative Nancy like me. But, the issue isn’t whether or not there is killer stuff in the vault. The issue is nobody seems to want to release anything! Not the record company, not the band, not literally anybody. All good to play SCOM ad nauseoum. It is well beyond mind boggling that they can’t release one song in 13 years. Slash and Duff have literally added nothing other than trotting out the hits for the masses while putting more cash in Axl’s bank account. It’s actually not a joke anymore because people don’t care enough to make the joke....Bad Company 3.0

Love where you’re coming from but Bad Company isn’t doing US stadium/arena tours and headlining every major festival.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The issue is nobody seems to want to release anything! Not the record company, not the band, not literally anybody

The elephant in the room the hardcore base doesn't like to address.....

The labels complete lack of interest.

Not a damn thing came out in that crucial 2016-17 period where anything with the GNR name would've sold like hot cakes.

They weren't even interested in the lazy with zero effort approach....a new GH/Best of, or a rerelease of the band's discography.

The AFD box happened but the label clearly didn't care about it neither. Had they cared, they never let it get released with that bat shit insane price tag. It could only sell a handful of copies at that price.

The only vinyl release was adding Shadow to the old GH album.... which no one cares about. It was always a lackluster compilation, one fans were told to boycott years ago, yet it's the only one deserving of a vinyl reissue?.

Unbelievable.

Live Era vinyl reissue should've been tackled first.

If the band just had proper management, things could've been so much better.

The comparison to Bad Company not bad but they did switch singers....for awhile anyways.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bad Company thing is a bit more tongue and cheek!!! It came on at the wrong time and I was thinking that another tour without a song or album may put them in the REO Speedwagon category. Ha...

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I have to be honest.  I hang around this place for the off topic parts of the forum.  I've given up on them release anything significant at this point (doesn't have to be a new album).

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I have to be honest.  I hang around this place for the off topic parts of the forum.  I've given up on them release anything significant at this point (doesn't have to be a new album).

I'm pretty much the same. I don't think much will leak either anymore either. Gosh, hard to believe VR was coming together in what, '03?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah i hear you guys.

It's sure frustrating.

I mean there's dead folks on my spotify putting out albums, I'd kinda like to see GNR do something while they are still in control of the artistic content. But yeah I also get the vibe they don't want to. I had been hopeful that the 2021 shows were the start of something, but now with the pandemic and make up shows and the world tour business being down for years, I think when things reboot it will be back to a hits tour - which is kinda depressing. Hope I'm wrong.

Kinda mind blowing to think VR is nearly 20 years old. There was such promise and vitality back then.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah i hear you guys.

It's sure frustrating.

I mean there's dead folks on my spotify putting out albums, I'd kinda like to see GNR do something while they are still in control of the artistic content. But yeah I also get the vibe they don't want to. I had been hopeful that the 2021 shows were the start of something, but now with the pandemic and make up shows and the world tour business being down for years, I think when things reboot it will be back to a hits tour - which is kinda depressing. Hope I'm wrong.

Kinda mind blowing to think VR is nearly 20 years old. There was such promise and vitality back then.

I miss Velvet Revolver. Moreso that GN'R they were "my band" – I saw their early shows crammed into the Hammersmith Apollo, I saw them play Live 8. I'm still pissed off that it all fell apart, 'cos with hindsight they nailed what Axl should've been trying to do – taking the raw rock n' roll of GN'R and updating it to a more contemporary sound. Oddly I don't think I've bit hit quite as hard by any celebrity death as that of Scott Weiland.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no doubt in my mind there will be new music, I even think it'll be this year, perhaps Axl finally got the perfect Cookie Monster vocal for the chorus in Perhaps. Despite all the theories and pessimism, this is unfortunately just how Axl operates.

I was listening to the instrumental to Sorry and I can't help but think Axl didn't deserve that band. They were too good to be subjected to the shit they had to endure.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

*if* Axl is still reading the forums, I'm sure he'll take this as another "he doesn't care about the fans" stuff. We're all well beyond that shit, it's really just sadness at all this time and wasted opportunities. He could always respond more in-depthly than he has, and not through 'certain' posters, but we know...

Board footer