You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: GNR, MetLife Stadium August 5th

Axl S wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

Axl is talking to the crowd a lot this concert. I hate to say this but he is cracking jokes lol. I still can't believe he announced a new single, and it is Silkworms with Slash!!! This is crazy

He was chatty last show too. He's happy and that's good because shit is actually happening now.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

Axl is talking to the crowd a lot this concert. I hate to say this but he is cracking jokes lol. I still can't believe he announced a new single, and it is Silkworms with Slash!!! This is crazy

He was chatty last show too. He's happy and that's good because shit is actually happening now.

that's what i was thinking. seems like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. maybe it's just getting back out of the house, but it does seem like he knows something big is coming.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

SOUNDCHECK - AUGUST 5TH 2021:

1 - "Absurd"
2 - "I Wanna Be Your Dog" [Iggy Pop song] *Duff McKagan on vocals*
3 - "Estranged"
4 - "HardSkool"

Source: setlist.fm

SETLIST:

1 - "It's So Easy"
2 - "Mr. Brownstone"
3 - "Chinese Democracy"
4 - "Slither" [Velvet Revolver song]
5 - "Double Talkin' Jive"
6 - "Rumble" [Link Wray song]
7 - "Welcome To The Jungle"
8 - "Better"
9 - "Estranged"
10 - "Live and Let Die" [Paul McCartney & Wings song]
11 - "You're Crazy"
12 - "Rocket Queen"
13 - "You Could Be Mine"
14 - "I Wanna Be Your Dog" [Iggy Pop song] *Duff McKagan on vocals*
15 - "Absurd"
16 - "Civil War"
17 - "Mannish Boy" [Muddy Waters song]
18 - "Sweet Child O' Mine"
19 - "November Rain"
20 - "Only Women Bleed" [Alice Cooper song]
21 - "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" [Bob Dylan song]
22 - "Nightrain"
23 - "Patience"
24 - "Paradise City"

AFD - 8
Lies - 1
UYI - 7
CD - 2
CD II - 1
Covers - 5

Source: setlist.fm

THE SHOW IS OVER!!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Axl is trolling GN’R fans everywhere. We’ve been clamouring for new music from Axl and Slash for 30 years, and now we get a reworked semi industrial track from 20 years ago, as the “new” single. Never has there been a more apt title for a GN’R song to go along with the proceedings. Absurd indeed…

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Axl is trolling GN’R fans everywhere. We’ve been clamouring for new music from Axl and Slash for 30 years, and now we get a reworked semi industrial track from 20 years ago, as the “new” single. Never has there been a more apt title for a GN’R song to go along with the proceedings. Absurd indeed…

The only trolling that happened is we wound up having to wait for the reunion to get the second half of Chinese....and considering who was in the band the final six years of that saga....

I'm glad we got trolled.

Truly grateful.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

The only trolling that happened is we wound up having to wait for the reunion to get the second half of Chinese....and considering who was in the band the final six years of that saga....

I'm glad we got trolled.

Truly grateful.

Axl's definitely trolling Pitman. The guy got booted out of the band for publicly mouthing off about them playing the "oldies" in a "money grab" and the first new material from Axl and Slash in 30 years is… a song he co-wrote.

Whoops.

https://loudwire.com/ex-guns-n-roses-ch … r-reunion/

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Yep, it's pretty damn hilarious! Imagine if "My World" was released as a single in 1991. That's pretty much what we are getting with the 2021 release of "Absurd." The song title is perfect, haha

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I mean who knows the motivations.....but yeah....you wonder if there's a giant F U in this to the label guys who implied that the 1999 songs  would fail, to pitman who said they will never release the song, to the section of the fanbase who hated on the 2001 era performances, to everyone who didn't believe in the project right down to the old guys who could have worked on this material in their prime.....

Here we are 22 years later motherfuckers....and the first single of the next GNR record....it's got Slash and Duff reunited in Axl on new music...and it's silkworms....

It's fucking funny on some level.

But you know what...it might be absurd....but it's also glorious!!

I just like it. I like the song. I like it with Axl and Slash and Duff back. I like the joke too. Can expect social media may not...but who gives a fuck at this point...if they do this to the other leaks we heard then the album is going to kick major fucking ass!

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

I found this video and camera angle suspicious. Will we have a 'dvd'?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … 4362962707

Board footer