You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

James wrote:

The song won't get any radio airplay with these lyrics.

It wouldn't get radio play even with safer lyrics.

Radio is irrelevant now....and most Rock stations don't play new material from these types of bands anymore and hasn't for years.

They don't play Doom and Gloom...they play Start Me Up. They don't play Hardwired...they play Enter Sandman. They don't play Absurd...they play Jungle.

It's all about the internet now.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:

Radio is irrelevant now....and most Rock stations don't play new material from these types of bands anymore and hasn't for years.

They don't play Doom and Gloom...they play Start Me Up. They don't play Hardwired...they play Enter Sandman. They don't play Absurd...they play Jungle.

New albums are just an excuse for touring by the classic bands. When Axl toured with AC/DC, I noticed that they only had one song from their new album in the setlist. It was the title track of the album Rock or Bust. The other 99% of the set was the classic AC/DC stuff that everyone loves.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
James wrote:

Thats not entirely true. My local rock station played and still plays the fuck outta the hard wired singles. Doom and gloom was heavy rotation when it released. If the song is good and radio friendly it will get played. Absurd isn't that song. Hardschool will get radio play though.

James

James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
James wrote:

Thats not entirely true. My local rock station played and still plays the fuck outta the hard wired singles. Doom and gloom was heavy rotation when it released. If the song is good and radio friendly it will get played. Absurd isn't that song. Hardschool will get radio play though.

This may be a regional thing.

Here it's the same handful of songs in a loop...and all of it is decades old.

Now that I think about it, one of my stations did play those Metallica singles in 2016.... Hardwired and Atlas Rise.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
James wrote:

This may be a regional thing.

Here it's the same handful of songs in a loop...and all of it is decades old.

Now that I think about it, one of my stations did play those Metallica singles in 2016.... Hardwired and Atlas Rise.

Format may play a hand too. If it's a more classic rock station. They aren't gonna play the new shit. If it's just the regular old rock station with the combo of new and old releases. The new stuff from bigger bands will be played. Not sure about the west coast but the east plays new singles and I'd imagine the mid west would too. But absurd ain't gonna be that song 16

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Traditional radio is dead. I used to listen years ago. It’s always the same shit.

I use my iPod still. Load up tons of albums. If I hear about a new band I’ll put it on.

The gf has Spotify and that’s not bad either.

Commercials are annoying. Radio personalities are annoying. I don’t need a weather update I have my phone. Traffic will be traffic. Don’t need that either.

So it’s Sirius satellite radio (if I get it again), iPod or Spotify.

Eat shit radio and local tv news. And national news too.

If I want to watch decent news I turn into the BBC. Just give me the facts. I don’t need some left wing or right wing dick wad telling me their opinion.

With that said though I hope they release this as a special edition 45.

James

James wrote:

They missed Record Store Day by what....two weeks?!?

Too bad the planets didn't align for that. GNR have never released anything for it.

Sky Dog wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Traditional radio is dead. I used to listen years ago. It’s always the same shit.

I use my iPod still. Load up tons of albums. If I hear about a new band I’ll put it on.

The gf has Spotify and that’s not bad either.

Commercials are annoying. Radio personalities are annoying. I don’t need a weather update I have my phone. Traffic will be traffic. Don’t need that either.

So it’s Sirius satellite radio (if I get it again), iPod or Spotify.

Eat shit radio and local tv news. And national news too.

If I want to watch decent news I turn into the BBC. Just give me the facts. I don’t need some left wing or right wing dick wad telling me their opinion.

With that said though I hope they release this as a special edition 45.

Truth… the days of radio jackass Dj’s somehow determining the fate of a single are done. Fox and CNN are going to be done fairly soon as well because they both are a freak show joke. Most fairly normal people can think for themselves.

Sky Dog wrote:

Also…so, am I the only one who thinks it’s a little strange that Axl would want a blatant song about Seymour and a blatant song about Slash to be possibly the first two songs released from a reunion album?

Of course, those are my opinions as to who he wrote the songs about.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Also…so, am I the only one who thinks it’s a little strange that Axl would want a blatant song about Seymour and a blatant song about Slash to be possibly the first two songs released from a reunion album?

Of course, those are my opinions as to who he wrote the songs about.

Who gives a shit. Hard School kicks ass, and will kick even more ass with Slash's contributions to it. Hopefully we get the final version of it pretty soon.

Board footer