You are not logged in. Please register or login.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Everyone who joined GN'R post 1996 was hired as Axl collaborators to write music. Basically West Arkeen. He has a treasure trove of music, he's not taking forum advice about what he ought to do with it. I mean, to get upset about any of this is just baffling. Perhaps is a great song, and I'm excited to hear what they do with it.

And now Slash and Duff are just hired Axl collaborators since all they are doing is covering BH, Finck's and Tommys parts instead of coming up with their own songs for Axl to sing on.

That is the biggest issue. After all this time Axl, Slash and Duff get back together and instead of writing new music together, they are just re-doing Axls solo work.

How do you know they haven't? They all brought shit from their old bands anyway. What does it matter? Richard has said they're doing what they always did, passing demos around. We have no idea what they've worked on. Axl wasn't going to ditch music he spent a good portion of his life working on. Audioslave was a lot of Chris's solo stuff. Fall To Pieces was created for GN'R. This has happened all through rock n roll. Grace Slick got the Airplane gig because of White Rabbit, which she wrote with another band.

This is the dopiest stuff to be outraged about.

If slash and duff actually wrote music with Axl you don't think that would be the first single dropped instead of a CD outtake that is from 99-00?  the other song on the set list is hard school again another song not written by slash or duff from 99/00.  How exactly is that dopey?

why does it matter? Because the songs are not written by slash and duff and the are 20 years old at this point.
the whole point of a reunion was for an album of Slash, Duff and Axl songs not Slash and Duff redoing the CD era songs with 20 year old Axl vocals.

As for Axl not ditching those old songs yeah is why he should have just released a solo album before the reunion, then started to write new songs with Slash and Duff.

But sure its really dopy to think it would be better for an album written by Slash, Axl and Duff rather than Slash and Duff jut putting their stuff on 20 year old songs they had nothing to do with lol

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What are they going to write about? Where to hide all the cash? .

My thoughts too. I'd rather have the stuff that was written about how they all hated each other. That at least had some fire behind it at the time. Same with whatever things they recorded instrumentally in 94-96, they had a lot more to prove then.

60 years olds inspired by reunion payoffs and divorces? Not so exciting.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

My thoughts too. I'd rather have the stuff that was written about how they all hated each other. That at least had some fire behind it at the time. Same with whatever things they recorded instrumentally in 94-96, they had a lot more to prove then.

So all the other bands that are huge don't have things to write about either lol
If Axl, Slash and Duff cant find anything to write about then they should just hang it up.

Its crazy the excuses some GNR fans make for GNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

And now Slash and Duff are just hired Axl collaborators since all they are doing is covering BH, Finck's and Tommys parts instead of coming up with their own songs for Axl to sing on.

That is the biggest issue. After all this time Axl, Slash and Duff get back together and instead of writing new music together, they are just re-doing Axls solo work.

How do you know they haven't? They all brought shit from their old bands anyway. What does it matter? Richard has said they're doing what they always did, passing demos around. We have no idea what they've worked on. Axl wasn't going to ditch music he spent a good portion of his life working on. Audioslave was a lot of Chris's solo stuff. Fall To Pieces was created for GN'R. This has happened all through rock n roll. Grace Slick got the Airplane gig because of White Rabbit, which she wrote with another band.

This is the dopiest stuff to be outraged about.

If slash and duff actually wrote music with Axl you don't think that would be the first single dropped instead of a CD outtake that is from 99-00?  the other song on the set list is hard school again another song not written by slash or duff from 99/00.  How exactly is that dopey?

why does it matter? Because the songs are not written by slash and duff and the are 20 years old at this point.
the whole point of a reunion was for an album of Slash, Duff and Axl songs not Slash and Duff redoing the CD era songs with 20 year old Axl vocals.

As for Axl not ditching those old songs yeah is why he should have just released a solo album before the reunion, then started to write new songs with Slash and Duff.

But sure its really dopy to think it would be better for an album written by Slash, Axl and Duff rather than Slash and Duff jut putting their stuff on 20 year old songs they had nothing to do with lol

Yes, it's dopey you're angry about this.

No, there's no guarantee they would release something they wrote together just because.

I don't really care if the songs are 40 years old. No one is going to give a shit except a tiny niche group of fans who have a specific criteria the band has to follow in order for them to be happy.

And you know what? He didn't release a solo album. And if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Hard Skool started with Slash and Duff. Recorded by the new band? 100% it was. But the fact Duff said they were recording a song for the Jackie Chan movie and that the working name for the song was “Jackie Chan”…connect the dots. There’s your “Axl, Slash, Duff” new song.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

So all the other bands that are huge don't have things to write about either lol
If Axl, Slash and Duff cant find anything to write about then they should just hang it up.

Its crazy the excuses some GNR fans make for GNR.

Dude, I'm not making excuses. I'm pointing out as fans of this band and particularly, since we all stuck around through this decades long saga, fans of music written and sung by Axl Rose that we should be happy with whatever we get.

Those other bands can still get together and write collectively as a group? Good for them. The band we like hasn't operated that way since 86. If they tried it could go well or it could lead to this all falling apart and us getting nothing.

Hopefully we get the vault unloaded as a new album and some years down the line this leads to either a proper boxset release or eventually leaks.

Haters Gonna Hate

That has to mean new song with Slash and Duff right? They still play CD songs. Though I will laugh if the next single is a reworked CD or Better and Axl calls it a new song.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Dumb thread, inaccurate quote, putting words in Axl's mouth, and a waste of everyone's time.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Dumb thread, inaccurate quote, putting words in Axl's mouth, and a waste of everyone's time.

Yeah. It is the first time in 30 years "we" i.e. Axl, Slash & Duff have put out a new song together.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I believe they could still write songs.

I get AFD was about street life, UYI was mostly about being AFD famous while having mental and girl troubles, and CD was mostly about being UYI famous and breaking up....

But individual songs like Civil War and Catcher in the Rye show that not everything has to be purely literal and autobiographical.

I'm just at a point where I think Axl releasing any music is a good thing.

If it's new music he wrote now great, if it's something he wrote in 1999 great, if it's something he wrote in 1986 great.

I think the "CD leftovers" have a lot of potential as they date from a time when vocally he had a lot of screams left in the tank, and emotionally  he seemed more volatile which while unhappy for him probably makes for a lot of emotional and powerful musical ideas and feeling in the songs.

The only thing I really fear are any more long breaks...I really hope Absurd is a precursor to an EP or album...and doesn't turn out to be a random isolated single.

Board footer