You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 29 

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

jimmythegent wrote:

I'd be happy with them including a cover or 2 on an album provided it is a long album - hopefully a UYI style drop. I've been pleasantly surprised by "Rumble" and "I wanna be your dog" on this tour...

The other very possible scenario is that they release another cover's album at some point...

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

monkeychow wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah...the exclusion of Messages made zero sense. The only song from those sessions that had hit written all over it.

Libertad was such a strange time.

Such a weak album from such a powerful band, like VR were always amazing live but it sure didn't translate to those sessions.

It's not that they're bad exactly - it's just kinda like an album of B sides - from another band I would take it - but when you know the kinda Riffs slash was putting out only a couple of years after it makes you realise something was set wrong.

Then the live vibe is weird on bootlegs around that time too - so much chemistry still - but you can see they are not exactly getting on compared to the contraband shows.

Makes for a strange legacy...in that VR is one of the greatest bands I've seen - but you cant show that to someone by playing them the record one night...it's not really down on the tape...i was hoping Libertad was a slump and they were still to write their best stuff in a third album....but I think just too many drugs and politics at that point.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 0 

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

davegnfnr2k wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I'd be happy with them including a cover or 2 on an album provided it is a long album - hopefully a UYI style drop. I've been pleasantly surprised by "Rumble" and "I wanna be your dog" on this tour...

The other very possible scenario is that they release another cover's album at some point...

Even if its a long album, F them putting covers on it.

Would you really rather have them put on two covers and leave off something like Elvis and Zodiac?   Or Rebel,and Quick Song?

If they drop a new album we dont know when the next will be, we should want all the new gnr songs possible without covers because it could be the last.

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

Sky Dog wrote:

Yep….on point. I could have done without KOHD and LALD on the Illusions. KOHD has turned in to a mess live now as it’s too long and wanky. LALD still kills it live. Studio version of both are sterile.

Save covers for cover albums at this point.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 0 

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

davegnfnr2k wrote:

Plus KOHD was already on Days of Thunder, so it wasn't needed on the album

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

Sky Dog wrote:

That version is pretty cool to go back and listen to. Steven is on drums.

Civil War and that KOHD are his final moments. He went out alright.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

That version is pretty cool to go back and listen to. Steven is on drums.

Civil War and that KOHD are his final moments. He went out alright.

Fuckin' A....



James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

James wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I'd be happy with them including a cover or 2 on an album provided it is a long album - hopefully a UYI style drop. I've been pleasantly surprised by "Rumble" and "I wanna be your dog" on this tour...

The other very possible scenario is that they release another cover's album at some point...

Even if its a long album, F them putting covers on it.

Would you really rather have them put on two covers and leave off something like Elvis and Zodiac?   Or Rebel,and Quick Song?

If they drop a new album we dont know when the next will be, we should want all the new gnr songs possible without covers because it could be the last.

I thought you didn't want them doing Chinese tracks?

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 0 

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I'd be happy with them including a cover or 2 on an album provided it is a long album - hopefully a UYI style drop. I've been pleasantly surprised by "Rumble" and "I wanna be your dog" on this tour...

The other very possible scenario is that they release another cover's album at some point...

Even if its a long album, F them putting covers on it.

Would you really rather have them put on two covers and leave off something like Elvis and Zodiac?   Or Rebel,and Quick Song?

If they drop a new album we dont know when the next will be, we should want all the new gnr songs possible without covers because it could be the last.

I thought you didn't want them doing Chinese tracks?

I don't but that is what they are doing. So if they are going that route put them all out and no covers.

Id still take a solo Axl album with all the CD leftovers with the BH era of the band, then a fresh new album with no covers written by Axl Slash and Duf, but with as many CD left overs as there are,  doubt we will ever get more than 1 or 2 songs written new by Axl Slash and Duff

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB