You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I kinda doubt they would release a single which Axl can't sing. It probably won't be great, but I'd be very surprised if they didn't play it.

I think he can sing it. It may not sound like 2006, but he should be able to pull it off in some capacity

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

They played hard skool

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bD851YtIFw

Sky Dog wrote:

Nice!!!

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Maybe because it's the first time being played, band felt like no energy at all...
Chorus needs to be sang back and forth between Axl and Duff+Melissa, otherwise Axl won't handle it.

Besides this, it was a good performance.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Damn, Axl sounded terrible. I was really hoping for its live debut he’d do it a little bit of justice, but that was Mickey all the way through.

That was a struggle to watch it all the way through.

Did he say anything about the song before or after?

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Damn, Axl sounded terrible. I was really hoping for its live debut he’d do it a little bit of justice, but that was Mickey all the way through.

That was a struggle to watch it all the way through.

Did he say anything about the song before or after?

Before they played it he said that it was supposed to be played earlier in the set, but there were issues with his IEM. Then he introduced it as "a song about lower education" (I was hoping he would say more about it or at least for a better introduction, but oh well).

After the performance he said, “That was interesting. That was something. What that something was, I’m not exactly sure.”

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

So unsurprisingly the Australia/New Zealand tour has been pushed back a year.

Am I reading too much into the wording of this part of the statement?

"Until showtime, let's rock out to Hard Skool".

Does that imply that's all we are getting before gigs in November/December 2022?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Oddly Axl's a lot stronger in the choruses than I was expecting (given that there's nowhere to pause for breath) and a little bit shakier on the verses. Still, pretty good debut!

Board footer