You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

metallex78 wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

lol

Fuck I hate that they do this shit. Asking what people want, but won’t change a damn thing.

WORST. MANAGEMENT. EVER.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

same set as usual tonight lol. Beta streamed most of the show on her IG so very small steps lol. It seems the 3 encore slots are there "alt" slots right now. Unless they throw hard school after Absurd. Axl also tells pretty much the same "love song" joke before YC, YCBM, and Absurd, at least last show he did and I know he did it for at least Absurd today. Very odd.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

My routine has become: check into GNRevolution the morning after a gig, "have they played Hardschool yet? Nope? Off I fuck then."

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I find it odd that they are keeping Madagascar around for the encore…I’m wondering if Slash and Duff may have re-recorded it.

elevendayempire

FlashFlood wrote:

I find it odd that they are keeping Madagascar around for the encore…I’m wondering if Slash and Duff may have re-recorded it.

Yeah, not gonna lie, it's a curious choice (and I speak as one who loves Madagascar). I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the room when Slash and Duff were thrashing out which Chinese Democracy songs to cover on the tour, and how they'd rework them.

Must say there are some top bants from Axl in this performance. Especially the bit at the end where he bumps into Slash.

Sky Dog wrote:

Madagascar has a ton of symbolism in the lyrics. It’s a classic Axl song which is easy for him to sing. It’s a no brainer that it is in the setlist. The songs I could do without are Better and Slither.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Yeah, not gonna lie, it's a curious choice (and I speak as one who loves Madagascar). I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the room when Slash and Duff were thrashing out which Chinese Democracy songs to cover on the tour, and how they'd rework them.

Must say there are some top bants from Axl in this performance. Especially the bit at the end where he bumps into Slash.

Damn, that was impressive. That is probably the best we can hope for. Strong. No Mickey

elevendayempire

Sky Dog wrote:

Madagascar has a ton of symbolism in the lyrics. It’s a classic Axl song which is easy for him to sing. It’s a no brainer that it is in the setlist. The songs I could do without are Better and Slither.

Better's kinda had its day now that the novelty of seeing Slash and Duff perform it has worn off. I'd swap it out for I.R.S. if it were me in charge of the setlist.

I'd keep Slither if Axl would LEARN HOW TO SING THE FIRST FUCKING VERSE and stop doing the high vocal line in the chorus. Failing that, swap it out for another VR song, it'd be nice to have a bit of variety on that score. Fall To Pieces would be nice, but they have more than enough ballads in the set. Set Me Free, maybe?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl is looking slim again, but somebody should tell Slash the grey beard stumps kinda defeat the jet black wig.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

elevendayempire wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Better's kinda had its day now that the novelty of seeing Slash and Duff perform it has worn off. I'd swap it out for I.R.S. if it were me in charge of the setlist.

I'd keep Slither if Axl would LEARN HOW TO SING THE FIRST FUCKING VERSE and stop doing the high vocal line in the chorus. Failing that, swap it out for another VR song, it'd be nice to have a bit of variety on that score. Fall To Pieces would be nice, but they have more than enough ballads in the set. Set Me Free, maybe?

Sucker train blues. Perfect range for him.

Board footer