You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

GnR is anything but normal.

Haters Gonna Hate

it seems to be doing pretty poorly streaming wise......if this had promo it would have done a lot better probably.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Is this gonna be another CD-like promo for new music from GN’R? ie. none?

Seems so damn bizarre that outside of a couple of cringeworthy “Hard Skool is Fn here” social media posts, there’s been nothing else coming from the band.

I wouldn’t even know the single was on sale on the website if it wasn’t mentioned on mygnr.

Haters Gonna Hate

PROMO ALERT image0.jpg?width=407&height=473

Nevermind I guess it is just a spotify thing

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

I think they just got the info from the credits in the Aien cover on Spotify and youtube, which lists all 7 members of the 1999 lineup as writers (Axl, Tobias, Dizzy, Finck, Stinson, Freese, Pitman). I don't think Aien knew more than we do.

I searched for it on BMI/ASCAP, but I couldn't find it listed yet. I did find Absurd, which shows the writing credits as Hudson/McKagan/Reed/Rose, completely cutting out Pitman.

BMI/ASCAP Search Absurd

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
huntermc wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

I think they just got the info from the credits in the Aien cover on Spotify and youtube, which lists all 7 members of the 1999 lineup as writers (Axl, Tobias, Dizzy, Finck, Stinson, Freese, Pitman). I don't think Aien knew more than we do.

I searched for it on BMI/ASCAP, but I couldn't find it listed yet. I did find Absurd, which shows the writing credits as Hudson/McKagan/Reed/Rose, completely cutting out Pitman.

BMI/ASCAP Search Absurd

Yes, Absurd was added to the ASCAP database (also to GMR, which collects royalties for Slash and Duff) about three weeks after its release, if I remember correctly. SESAC (which collects royalties for Axl) hasn't been updated yet.

It'll probably take longer till Hard Skool is added, because based on the press release there are no other writers/royalty recipients than Axl, Slash and Duff, and none of them is on ASCAP (which is usually updated more regularly).

EDIT: Absurd credits have been discussed in this thread here (I've also compiled information on the publishing shares for each song in the GnR catalogue somewhere on the third page of the same thread):

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 19#p339319

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Seems so damn bizarre that outside of a couple of cringeworthy “Hard Skool is Fn here” social media posts

They really need to drop the F'n thing. It's childish and as you said....cringe.

Yeah I know they used it a bit in the old days but now it dominates everything.

Ditch it.

U F'n 2

MetalliF'nca

SoundF'ngarden

See how ridiculous it is when used for other bands?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just checked the YouTube link.

After 3 days....

872k views

50k likes
1k dislikes

Not bad...but no chance of exploding/going viral.

The like/dislike ratio is amazing. Best case scenario in that regard...and most of the comments appear to be positive.

It's still getting some media attention and performing it brought the spotlight on it again.

I don't like how they're calling it an EP. Technically yes...it's an EP...but come on.

When. I think EP I think Lies, Sap, Screaming Life, etc...

Not what is essentially a double A side and two live B sides.

If this is an EP, more than half of Soundgarden's singles were EPs. 16

Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Seems so damn bizarre that outside of a couple of cringeworthy “Hard Skool is Fn here” social media posts

They really need to drop the F'n thing. It's childish and as you said....cringe.

Ditch it.

U F'n 2

MetalliF'nca

SoundF'ngarden

Funny after all these years, we think a lot a like. Lose the f’n lose the blood surrounding the classic logo…100% lose the chinese cover crap “Guns N Roses was here” and anything to do with the shit art we were given for CD.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Ditch it.

U F'n 2

MetalliF'nca

SoundF'ngarden

Funny after all these years, we think a lot a like. Lose the f’n lose the blood surrounding the classic logo…100% lose the chinese cover crap “Guns N Roses was here” and anything to do with the shit art we were given for CD.

This is what happens when your house keeper becomes your manager.

Board footer