You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Slash: GNR has not written any new music, everything completed is CD 2

FlashFlood wrote:

Proper Quick Song needs to come out. It will be a shame it won’t have bucket but the song has potential to be a really good GnR track.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
Axl S wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I fully expect Atlas/reworked OMG.

I would’ve said no way to OMG being redone, due to Axl saying back when it came out that Duff and Slash weren’t interested in working on the song.

But after we’ve gotten Slash playing Silkworms with Absurd, I’d say anything is on the table now.

It was also still being soundchecked in 2011, was on the setlist as an alt in 2018 and lyrics for it were flashing on screen during YCBM on this last tour. Definitely seems like it's still kicking around and could come back.

The funniest thing about those oh my god lyrics on screen is they were not even the correct lyrics lol

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Proper Quick Song needs to come out. It will be a shame it won’t have bucket but the song has potential to be a really good GnR track.

No really an issue since someone will just strip out the vocals and put it on the old version.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I fully expect Atlas/reworked OMG.

I would’ve said no way to OMG being redone, due to Axl saying back when it came out that Duff and Slash weren’t interested in working on the song.

But after we’ve gotten Slash playing Silkworms with Absurd, I’d say anything is on the table now.

Yeah. Of the demo tracks, the ones that just need a spit and polish are Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God and State of Grace (they need some actual lyrics for that shouty bit, mind). They could probably do something with Eye On You, too, it just needs verse lyrics.

And if Axl can work up some lyrics (or already has done) then Quicksong and Oaklahaoma come into play. I also like Zodiac 13, but that one feels a bit on the industrial borderline for Slash to work on (then again, as you said, if he's done Absurd then anything's on the table).

It's perplexing how they got it so wrong.

After hearing the 2000 Village sessions, it's obvious that there's more potential in the second batch of tracks in development than there is in the nearly ready disc one.

Once the project clearly wasn't getting a release in 2000-01, it was time to stop focusing on the first batch and zero in on the next.

Oklahoma
Soul Monster
Quick Song
Zodiac

And Perhaps and Atlas Shrugged should have stayed in the mix.

That's potentially half your album right there...and none of it had been heard yet when all of this was relevant.

It's no wonder the key players started bailing out. The project started going backwards.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Once the project clearly wasn't getting a release in 2000-01, it was time to stop focusing on the first batch and zero in on the next.

Oklahoma
Soul Monster
Quick Song
Zodiac

And Perhaps and Atlas Shrugged should have stayed in the mix.

That's potentially half your album right there...and none of it had been heard yet when all of this was relevant.

It's no wonder the key players started bailing out. The project started going backwards.

And this is where having actual fucking management instead of a yes man like Goldstein (I thnk) makes a world of a difference.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Another Slash interview, Wall Street Journal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/slash-on-t … 1643461201

“One of the things Axl wanted to get off his chest was a bunch of material he’d recorded,” Slash says. “So we thought, ‘Well, that’s a good way to wet our feet.’” The coming material might arrive in a piecemeal fashion, before being assembled into an album. Work on an entirely new record hasn’t begun in earnest.

And there is no official strategy yet about releasing music. “There are no cut-and-dried answers,” Slash says.

“It’s Guns N’ Roses.”

Sky Dog wrote:

Lol….at least he is honest!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
sp1at wrote:

“There are no cut-and-dried answers,” Slash says.

“It’s Guns N’ Roses.”

I'm so sick of this type of comment.

Like if Axl's mental illness or his obsession with letting randoms manage his affairs means we can't do shit that's fine...but don't try and tell me that it's cool that you can't find pussy in a whorehouse and that's what makes you mysterious. It doesn't.

Like GNR used to mean being a multi-platinum act and being able to put out 5 world changing kinda records in as many years or whatever....now it means exploiting and shitting on everyone who has ever been associated or even liked the band. That's cool....I don't even want anything...but FFS stop telling me it's magical that you don't give a shit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
sp1at wrote:

“There are no cut-and-dried answers,” Slash says.

“It’s Guns N’ Roses.”

I'm so sick of this type of comment.

Like if Axl's mental illness or his obsession with letting randoms manage his affairs means we can't do shit that's fine...but don't try and tell me that it's cool that you can't find pussy in a whorehouse and that's what makes you mysterious. It doesn't.

Like GNR used to mean being a multi-platinum act and being able to put out 5 world changing kinda records in as many years or whatever....now it means exploiting and shitting on everyone who has ever been associated or even liked the band. That's cool....I don't even want anything...but FFS stop telling me it's magical that you don't give a shit.

He essentially turned into Axl...the GNR brand is just a money machine riding the glory of the past.

I think when he got back in he read the room, saw it for what it was, and had to pick between door number one or door number two.... Embrace it or walk away.

He chose the money. Who wouldn't?

The only thing that I care about is hearing some new stuff...and we're so deep into the saga they have to release something to get people interested again.

In Gomer Pyle's voice:

Ain't we lucky?!!

Board footer