You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Any updates Sp1at?

It's recorded, just waiting on the record company to release it. They never respond these days to queries, and have no idea what  songs have been done, just that it's re recorded CD era material, which is known anyway

If it's literally out of the GNR camp's hands and we're just waiting on movement from the label, it's good news...even if we have to wait months.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

It does kinda make me wonder what the label might be waiting for though. Surely the label would be itching to get the song released as soon as it’s handed over, particularly as the band is touring right now

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Any updates Sp1at?

It's recorded, just waiting on the record company to release it. They never respond these days to queries, and have no idea what  songs have been done, just that it's re recorded CD era material, which is known anyway

"It's" being a new album or the 1 or 2 songs Slash mentioned?

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

It does kinda make me wonder what the label might be waiting for though. Surely the label would be itching to get the song released as soon as it’s handed over, particularly as the band is touring right now

I would assume that the label would want a single to coincide with the UYI box, like SOYL in 2018, but Sp1at says it's CD era material, which obviously wouldn't be on said box set...it's very confusing.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

I would assume that the label would want a single to coincide with the UYI box, like SOYL in 2018, but Sp1at says it's CD era material, which obviously wouldn't be on said box set...it's very confusing.

TBF some CD era material is also UYI material. Axl was tinkering around with This I Love back in the UYI days, wasn't he?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Any updates Sp1at?

They have rerecorded CD material, to be released gradually then as an album.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Gradually is an understatement!

I’m intrigued - how does a slow drip feed of singles the record company in this day and age?

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Looks like its September or Bust.

All Hail Rock in Rio the bringer of new music
( prayer hands emoji)

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:

FFS at this rate I’ll be buying the record with my pension!!!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

Looks like its September or Bust.

All Hail Rock in Rio the bringer of new music
( prayer hands emoji)

Release a new track a couple of weeks before Rock in Rio with a cool video to go with it.

Oh, hang on, that would require some planning and management!

Board footer