You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

Scabbie wrote:

In addition to a new album I’d like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy and Steven play.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

One thing that pisses me off about most of these big bands is how difficult everything needs to be.

Okay you don't want to have Izzy commit to a whole tour because he's not reliable.

Okay you don't want to pay him a fair share of the loot.

But why should it be so hard to get these guys for one or two shows, give them what they want in terms of money and then go back to the cash grab? From what I gathered the thing with Izzy fell through only because of the money. A couple of shows is probably all he's ready to commit to anyway.

Reminds me of that movie, All the Money in the World, where old man Getty says he can't afford to pay the ransom for his grandson (at that point he's the richest man in the world), then in the next scene he spends 3 million dollars on a piece of art.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

In addition to a new album I’d like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy and Steven play.

Holy grail right there!

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

The free publicity of a “GNR classic lineup reunion gig” would easily repay whatever it cost to get Izzy and Steven back onstage.

Plus, how much money do Axl, Duff, and Slash need if it means rekindling good old memories and helping out their ex-bandmates?

At what point can they simply be magnanimous toward those guys?

Sky Dog wrote:

Does anybody ever realize that the problem just may lie with Izzy and Steven? Now, Steven is easy to say no thanks too…Izzy not so much. He shouldn’t be short changed but he should understand their concern.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

Steven pretty clearly longs to be back in the band. And he gave the first few records a swing and groove that defined the GNR sound (as well as its image).

I am pretty confident that if they once again had him at the very least in a guest spot for a few songs each night, he would sleep happily at night and be a joy for the audience.

Izzy is like the George Harrison of GNR. Not motivated by fame. But he too must hear the clock ticking. At what point might arthritis or some nerve condition set in? Think of what Clapton has dealt with.

And who the hell knows what state the world will be in anymore?

Nome of is can afford to put things off anymore. If he has any interest at all in being part of GNR he had better seize the day.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Every time Steven is given any opportunity to show he can be cool to play with them he blows it. I'd rather see Josh Freese join the band.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

Every time Steven is given any opportunity to show he can be cool to play with them he blows it.

Recently? What happened?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Outside running his mouth in the press, the last I heard -- and I want to get this right, but I'm pretty sure Steven admitted it -- was when he joined the band live for a couple of songs a few years back, he pulled a stunt by refusing to leave the drum set until management basically made him. It embarrassed some people and pissed Axl off.

Hence why he hasn't been invited back.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Outside running his mouth in the press, the last I heard -- and I want to get this right, but I'm pretty sure Steven admitted it -- was when he joined the band live for a couple of songs a few years back, he pulled a stunt by refusing to leave the drum set until management basically made him. It embarrassed some people and pissed Axl off.

Hence why he hasn't been invited back.

I was at the Cincinnati show when he first appeared. It was cool, but I’m no drummer and I could tell he wasn’t as good as Frank.

Board footer