You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN’R 2022 Tour Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

He sounds fine!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

My only gripe with the setlist these days is the order. Be cool if you showed up one night expecting ISE and instead it’s YCBM or something for an opener.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

My only gripe with the setlist these days is the order. Be cool if you showed up one night expecting ISE and instead it’s YCBM or something for an opener.

Agreed 100%. Changing the first song would breath some life into the show, even if it’s just a change of order

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They played Back in Black?

It's funny how they break up the monotony of always playing the same 30 year old songs but since they're unwilling to release albums, gotta constantly add new covers.

If Axl was willing to go into the studio, I'd suggest another cover album....

The Meatball Coincidence

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSxi96o43Q

If Axl sang like he did with AC/DC I’d be down to Tottenham in a flash.

James

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSxi96o43Q

If Axl sang like he did with AC/DC I’d be down to Tottenham in a flash.

Let's up the ante.....

This was peak Axl/GNR in the 21st century....it was all downhill from here.

2016 was THE year. Not only was he back, he was back in two bands!

It's like he had recaptured his prime. The sky was the limit!

He's got all the fans on his side and the media is glad that he's finally back.

Is his ambition from 20 years finally back?

Unfortunately....no.

2016 winds up being an anomaly.

I think what mainly fueled the insanity of 2016 was for the first time in 20+ years, he was genuinely excited to be performing again...and the rest was fueled by realizing how much time he had wasted during the CD years and he should make up for it...and this is what led to AC/DC and Billy Joel... essentially bucket list level dreams right there.

Once the "high" of that wore off, it became business as usual again.

It's unfortunate that 2016 led to nothing creatively happening. The stuff about the band recording new material, an Axl/DC album....all nonsense.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

An Axl DC album ?

Did they ever attempt to write together Axl and Angus?

James

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

An Axl DC album ?

Did they ever attempt to write together Axl and Angus?

It was rumored of course by the various "insiders" but as usual... nothing came of it.

Now that we know how GNR plays out 2016-2022....

I wish he had joined AC/DC and Angus is hungry for a reboot of the band in its final chapter(s).

The story writes itself...

A brand new album with a bonus disc of the new lineup recording classic hits...and they do a huge world tour after its release.

Had this happened, absolutely nothing changes discography wise. They can still release the two songs we got whenever GNR resumed.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

I’m certainly thinking a lot harder about where I spend my money on concerts these days. If it wasn’t for my daughters birthday I’d be off to see NIN at the Eden Project - I just know that would be awesome. Rammstein booked a couple of years back in June - never seen a bad show from them. I need to feel that I’m gonna come away from that gig feeling every penny was worth it. As ticket prices continue to go up I think punters will have much higher expectations.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I’d like to here this band cover Donna Summer’s Hot Stuff, that song is a banger / barn burner.

Something that suits Axl, would suit his hero Bon Scott too if he were here.

Board footer