You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Re: Does anyone else kinda miss the 09-14 lineup?

Wilco wrote:

It:

Had an interesting mix of characters in it

Featured cameos from Izzy and Duff at times

Was the most stable lineup since AFD’s, ironically, in terms of longevity / people staying

Featured (during the 2009-2010 tours) the best Axl vocals post 1993

I actually rather miss it; anyone else?

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:

That was by far the worst version of GNR ever.  And the best vocals for Axl post 93 were 2006. 
Ashba was a shit guitarist, Frank is a bar drummer at best, he still sucks, and BBF is garbage.

Wilco

Wilco wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

That was by far the worst version of GNR ever.  And the best vocals for Axl post 93 were 2006. 
Ashba was a shit guitarist, Frank is a bar drummer at best, he still sucks, and BBF is garbage.

I do agree on Frank but why do you say BBf is garbage? Not looking to argue just wanna hear your opinion

Btw I remember your name from the old MyGNR days. Blast from the past!

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

When Ashba came in it was the beginning of the end for me. That's when the CD vision got buried and the nostalgia touring began. What I really miss is the 2002 or 2006 line-up.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Thought it must be a joke thread. The uninspiring and tepid version of GN'R bar none. The less said about DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot, the better.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I miss the 2009 Axl voice. He could scream TWAT note perfect back then.

I like bumble and DJ as people, but bumble is so good on guitar he should be given all the leads in any band he is in, anything else is just a waste of him. DJ was doing his best to ape Slash for the fans but at the end of the day if the band isn't going to compose why not just bring back the real slash? DJ might have been interesting if the band had composed some new music, and bumble would have come into his own in a 2 guitar version of GNR for sure. But none of those things were happening...so it makes sense they moved on.

Really, the reunion should have happened with Slash's 2004 visit and the whole 2006 return to glory for Axl would have been reunion shows. Sad the politics didn't let that happen. Then 2009 is sort of a wasted time where Axl still had scary abilities but yet they didn't move on a new entity or do a reunion. Just a weird limbo version of GNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Ron is a very specific type of guitarist that I don’t think fit the band he joined.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
Wilco wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

I do agree on Frank but why do you say BBf is garbage? Not looking to argue just wanna hear your opinion

Because he was a terrible fit for the band, and the stuff he added to CD was not very good and made the songs worse.
He is great for his stuff outside GNR but he was garbage in GNR.

Wilco

Wilco wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
Wilco wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

Because he was a terrible fit for the band, and the stuff he added to CD was not very good and made the songs worse.
He is great for his stuff outside GNR but he was garbage in GNR.

I tend to agree. I guess I just liked his presence, cause he was very fan friendly, which was sort of a relief from the remoteness and distance the other members had toward the fans

Sky Dog wrote:

Ron ended his tenure as a bitch…jaded for good reason but too whiny. Slashba was way way way too cheesy for me. He was a worse fit than Ron.

So, no, I don’t miss that band.

They dropped the ball in 2001-2002. It was the time to release a record and unleash a new version of Gnr. They didn’t do it and the rest is what it is.

Board footer