You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Will the next single be something we've heard already?

polluxlm wrote:

Would be better if they never released CD, more songs to choose from. Or maybe they are going to do even that?

What will the next single be?

Something we've heard in some form already (Atlas, Perhaps, ect) 89%
Something we haven't heard yet (The General, Soul Monster, ect). 11%
Total votes: 19

Sky Dog wrote:

The crazy shit Axl should have saved for a solo album…fucked up on so many levels.

Sky Dog wrote:

In a way, I wish he didn’t release it but then again, we don’t get TWAT and Madagascar….2 Axl epics in any era.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i mean we could easily make up at least an EP with just what we know...

Like we just had absurd and harschool.

So throw in Atlas, State of Grace, and Perhaps and you're already at 5 Tracks.

Couldn't be too hard to round it up a little more with a redone version of of Eye on You (those verse melodies are worth using somewhere), or a reboot of Oh My God. That's 7 songs.

Need anything else then could always remix one of the CD tracks...and that's just stuff we already know about....But I think there's probably other stuff - too many people have said there is. There's a least 2 or 3 other song titles we know.....and some people suggest there's 20-200 more songs so who knows. But it feels to me like that's enough content that one day something will come out.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy said there were 22 other finished songs.

I’ll take Atlas as far as songs that we know have lyrics. I may commit suicide if they release OMG again!

When did he say that? I must have missed that interview.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It’s the Absurd logic of releasing singles.

My money is in Atlas.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

My money is in Atlas.

This. I feel like I remember MSL mentioneing something about Slash working on Atlas around the time of the reniuon's first run. Or I could have just imagined this.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

My money is in Atlas.

This. I feel like I remember MSL mentioneing something about Slash working on Atlas around the time of the reniuon's first run. Or I could have just imagined this.

Yup. Which suggests that the next song will probably be Atlas or OMG, since the only one we know has been worked on with any degree of certainty is Atlas, and we've seen the OMG lyrics plastered on the screen during YCBM at live shows.

Given the almost universally positive reception that the Perhaps demo has got, I'd guess they've paid attention to that too.

Sky Dog wrote:
Vale wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy said there were 22 other finished songs.

I’ll take Atlas as far as songs that we know have lyrics. I may commit suicide if they release OMG again!

When did he say that? I must have missed that interview.

Sometime after the reunion…he also mentioned the fact that he wrote the song leaking at the time…which would be Going Down.

If you look at all the interviews from all former members, you can see that they had around 30 to 36 songs. Bumble said he worked on that many and Tommy obviously worked on them all.

Sky Dog wrote:

30-36 songs is basically 2 CD’s after you drop a few b-sides. Same number of songs as the Illusions

Board footer